Practitioner says I'm not hypothyroid??

So I have many classic signs of hypothyroidism. Heart rate consistently 60-65 bpm. Morning temp goes from 96.2-98.4 depending on what day of the month it is.. ovulation is around 98 and the rest of the month 96-97F. Extremely dry skin on face. Chronic infection as a child and now different chronic infections as an adult. Always very cold hands and feet. Intolerance to cold. Puffiness under eyes/upper cheeks, Thin outer eyebrows, Awful digestion and bloating. Low libido. "Winter itch". High cholesterol. Poor memory, slow thinking, poor concentration.

After reading Broda Barns, I'm under the impression that symptoms matter more than bloodwork. But my practitioner (who I'm growing increasingly doubtful of), says my thyroid is optimal, solely based on this bloodwork I just had done.

I will attach my blood work here if anyone is interested. Any comments about the rest of my blood work are also welcome. I think I heard @haidut say before that high b12 could be from sibo- I don't supplement b12 at all.

Thoughts anyone?

Attachments

• 0FD9871B-93A5-4B02-B236-E9DE55A86037.jpeg
    0FD9871B-93A5-4B02-B236-E9DE55A86037.jpeg
    394.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 83BCD7D1-8B4E-478B-8802-59D6D4640639.jpeg
    83BCD7D1-8B4E-478B-8802-59D6D4640639.jpeg
    457.2 KB · Views: 81
  • B7DECF68-075C-4F5B-944C-37C95A2396F4.png
    B7DECF68-075C-4F5B-944C-37C95A2396F4.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 85

Risingfire

Yea. I think it would benefit you to increase your daily vitamin A intake. Eat a few ounces of liver a week along with coffee.

Morning temp is one of the best indicators of hypothyroidism. Liver enzymes and iron are high too. Thyroid supplementation might help reduce cholesterol(T3 specifically) and warm up your body.

I'd give blood if I were you to help reduce iron. I bet someone on this forum will complain about that but it works.

OP
eugenics4dumies
Yea. I think it would benefit you to increase your daily vitamin A intake. Eat a few ounces of liver a week along with coffee.

Morning temp is one of the best indicators of hypothyroidism. Liver enzymes and iron are high too. Thyroid supplementation might help reduce cholesterol(T3 specifically) and warm up your body.

I'd give blood if I were you to help reduce iron. I bet someone on this forum will complain about that but it works.
I actually eat plenty of liver. And I can't tolerate coffee right now due to high adrenaline. I can't do anything stimulating without getting over amped. I wish I could give blood but I tested positive for hep C (no surprise as I was a needle junkie 5 years ago), so now I legally can't.

Seems hypothyroid to me.

I actually eat plenty of liver. And I can't tolerate coffee right now due to high adrenaline. I can't do anything stimulating without getting over amped. I wish I could give blood but I tested positive for hep C (no surprise as I was a needle junkie 5 years ago), so now I legally can't.
Try adding 1/3 or 1/2 tsp salt to a liter of warm milk and also add as much sugar until you balance the salt tastewise. I like somewhat unrefined cane sugar. This could deal with the adrenaline (and prolactin and aldosterone problem).

As for being jittery, calcium can stop excessive excitation

OP
eugenics4dumies
Seems hypothyroid to me.

Try adding 1/3 or 1/2 tsp salt to a liter of warm milk and also add as much sugar until you balance the salt tastewise. I like somewhat unrefined cane sugar. This could deal with the adrenaline (and prolactin and aldosterone problem).

As for being jittery, calcium can stop excessive excitation
Thank you for the tip! I've been drinking like 1/3 of a quart of milk at a time with maple syrup and salt to taste. I could try doing a whole quart with more salt!

Birdie

I'm growing doubtful about your practitioner too. Sometimes it takes a while to find a helpful one. When I moved to a new area, I searched the internet for a practitioner who knew of Broda Barnes.
I can't remember what I put in the search box though. It took quite a long time to find somebody who would listen when I reminded him that taking thyroid lowers the TSH for example.

OP
eugenics4dumies
I'm growing doubtful about your practitioner too. Sometimes it takes a while to find a helpful one. When I moved to a new area, I searched the internet for a practitioner who knew of Broda Barnes.
I can't remember what I put in the search box though. It took quite a long time to find somebody who would listen when I reminded him that taking thyroid lowers the TSH for example.
This is actually a holistic practitioner whom I paid 2k upfront to help me "heal" as much as possible within a year. After doing hundreds and hundreds of hours of my own research within that time, and having the year be almost over with very minimal improvement, I very much regret signing up with her. The annoying part is that she's got this big following and all these people think she's some health god lol.

OP
eugenics4dumies
And that lowers by supplementing thyroid, correct?
This practitioner just emailed me and said "some people are just cold"... ?

Lollipop2

This is actually a holistic practitioner whom I paid 2k upfront to help me "heal" as much as possible within a year. After doing hundreds and hundreds of hours of my own research within that time, and having the year be almost over with very minimal improvement, I very much regret signing up with her. The annoying part is that she's got this big following and all these people think she's some health god lol.
Sounds a bit scammy. Anyone with a TSH of 2.9 is hypo.

Lollipop2

And that lowers by supplementing thyroid, correct?
This practitioner just emailed me and said "some people are just cold"... ?
Nutso. Yes or even other measures to increase metabolic health, like coffee, etc. Search the forum for ideas on how to help the thyroid with diet.

OP
eugenics4dumies
Nutso. Yes or even other measures to increase metabolic health, like coffee, etc. Search the forum for ideas on how to help the thyroid with diet.
I've been following Ray's basic diet tips for 10ish months. I'm coming from 4 years of low carb. I thought diet may be enough but it's proving not to be that way.

Lollipop2

Thank you for that reassurance. Yeah I realized it was a mistake a while ago but was trying to at least get something out of it since I paid for the year already anyways
This forum is free. A huge repository of information along with Ray’s website. Spend time reading the hypo threads etc.

Lollipop2

I've been following Ray's basic diet tips for 10ish months. I'm coming from 4 years of low carb. I thought diet may be enough but it's proving not to be that way.
I use NDT from IdeaLabs, TyroMax and it works great, BUT I had to first heal my liver from low carb to have the NDT work. The first time I tried it failed - but then I realized my liver needed help. Worked on that for about a year and then thyroid worked fast and like a charm.

Lollipop2

It took me about 4 - 5 years before my Peat inspired diet started showing the changes it was doing. Basically was depleting PUFA - after about 5 years the difference was remarkable in my health. I have used NDT for only 2-3 years.

OP
eugenics4dumies
I use NDT from IdeaLabs, TyroMax and it works great, BUT I had to first heal my liver from low carb to have the NDT work. The first time I tried it failed - but then I realized my liver needed help. Worked on that for about a year and then thyroid worked fast and like a charm.
Oh wow I didn't realize that. I just started taking tyromax and haven't seen an effect yet. I'm only up to two drops so far though. What exactly did you do for your liver if you don't mind me asking? Same as the post you tagged? Aspirin, Niacinamide?

Lollipop2

Oh wow I didn't realize that. I just started taking tyromax and haven't seen an effect yet. I'm only up to two drops so far though. What exactly did you do for your liver if you don't mind me asking? Same as the post you tagged? Aspirin, Niacinamide?
Mostly aspirin, coffee, Progest-e, low PUFA, honey, maple syrup, cane sugar, milk, homemade lemon/orange lemonade with maple syrup, medium fat (my body doesn’t like low fat) I use butter and ghee and small amounts of EVOO. I don’t really use coconut oil because I prefer butter’s taste and my body likes it.

Other things, good protein, roasted dandelion tea, crystallized ginger, fruit, and using best quality food I can find. If I can remember more of what I did, I will come back and add.

I'm.No.One

Cypro has been far more effective for getting my daily temps up & varying thyroid symptoms than anything else has in the last two years.

It was actually really shocking to see such positive results in just a matter of weeks.

Every body/situation is different but might be worth looking into the cypro thread to see if it sounds like it might be a good fit.

mrchibbs

It's not popular to say, but many MDs are just dumb. They can't think for themselves and simply vomit what they read in manuals and protocols.

You're clearly hypo IMO, and you Broda Barnes had it right. It's just not as easy, however, to fix this issues nowadays vs. when Broda was practicing in the 40s

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals