Practitioner says I'm not hypothyroid??

OP
eugenics4dumies
Mostly aspirin, coffee, Progest-e, low PUFA, honey, maple syrup, cane sugar, milk, homemade lemon/orange lemonade with maple syrup, medium fat (my body doesn’t like low fat) I use butter and ghee and small amounts of EVOO. I don’t really use coconut oil because I prefer butter’s taste and my body likes it.

Other things, good protein, roasted dandelion tea, crystallized ginger, fruit, and using best quality food I can find. If I can remember more of what I did, I will come back and add.
???thank you so much for the detail! I'm doing most of that currently, so possibly just a waiting game and I'm sure maybe lowering stress and maybe caster oil packs may help me as well

OP
eugenics4dumies
It's not popular to say, but many MDs are just dumb. They can't think for themselves and simply vomit what they read in manuals and protocols.

You're clearly hypo IMO, and you Broda Barnes had it right. It's just not as easy, however, to fix this issues nowadays vs. when Broda was practicing in the
Agreed thank you

OP
eugenics4dumies
Cypro has been far more effective for getting my daily temps up & varying thyroid symptoms than anything else has in the last two years.

It was actually really shocking to see such positive results in just a matter of weeks.

Every body/situation is different but might be worth looking into the cypro thread to see if it sounds like it might be a good fit.
Interesting thank you!

liam183

For liver healing, castor oil packs like you said, dandelion root, milk thistle, and digestive supplements containing enzymes, HCl + pepsin, and ox bile. I like Gut Garden. Orange juice also helps conversion of thyroid hormones in your liver, so that should help with making the NDT work better. I take it as well, and sometimes it just doesn't work as well. Taking it in the morning before food should help as well. With high TSH but "normal" T3/T4, it probably has more so to do with how your body is (in this case, is not) using your thyroid hormones. Therefore, increasing receptor availability would be a good idea. I read somewhere that butyric acid in butter can help this. Hope this all helps you.

OP
eugenics4dumies
For liver healing, castor oil packs like you said, dandelion root, milk thistle, and digestive supplements containing enzymes, HCl + pepsin, and ox bile. I like Gut Garden. Orange juice also helps conversion of thyroid hormones in your liver, so that should help with making the NDT work better. I take it as well, and sometimes it just doesn't work as well. Taking it in the morning before food should help as well. With high TSH but "normal" T3/T4, it probably has more so to do with how your body is (in this case, is not) using your thyroid hormones. Therefore, increasing receptor availability would be a good idea. I read somewhere that butyric acid in butter can help this. Hope this all helps you.
Thank you that is extremely helpful

Dean

I can see things haven't changed in terms of diagnosing thyroid function. I tried throughout my 20's (I'm 54 now) to get my hypothyroid symptoms treated. Various doctors all said the same thing. Yes, you have all the symptoms, but your tests are at the very bottom of normal, but still normal; so, you don't need thyroid medication, or I can't prescribe even if you do.

There's just no money in prescribing thyroid; whereas, leaving someone hypothyroid opens up a myriad of designer conditions (some not even made up yet) they can be diagnosed with and profited from.

I long for the good old days when you would be bled with actual leeches, instead of by the medical industrial complex ones you have to deal with in the modern world.

Best wishes, OP, in figuring it out. Don't waste your time and money on doctors.

Birdie

This is actually a holistic practitioner whom I paid 2k upfront to help me "heal" as much as possible within a year. After doing hundreds and hundreds of hours of my own research within that time, and having the year be almost over with very minimal improvement, I very much regret signing up with her. The annoying part is that she's got this big following and all these people think she's some health god lol.
I had a similar experience after my last move after looking for a holistic sounding one in our new town. Found one with a big following and calling himself holistic. At first, he seemed good, but later he ended up seeming mechanistic and with little thyroid knowledge. He has a very good reputation here.

It's hard to find someone familiar with Broda Barnes. I remember that I found one through Stop the thyroid madness website. They have a page on "Good Doctors" or something like that. I should look for one too.

aniciete

I’m surprised nobody has asked what your diet is like. How many calories do you eat? If you did years of low-carb you may need to eat a lot more than you think.

I'm.No.One

I’m surprised nobody has asked what your diet is like. How many calories do you eat? If you did years of low-carb you may need to eat a lot more than you think.
Just to chime in with agreeance, I under ate chronically my entire life & now that I'm almost a year into actually eating I'm needing (and actually wanting via hunger cues) no less than 2800-3000 calories a day. I have a higher than average unavoidable stress load though so I rage through it.

But if I eat less the same ol thyroid symptoms set in pretty quickly & the stress is sooooo much worse.

OP
eugenics4dumies
I can see things haven't changed in terms of diagnosing thyroid function. I tried throughout my 20's (I'm 54 now) to get my hypothyroid symptoms treated. Various doctors all said the same thing. Yes, you have all the symptoms, but your tests are at the very bottom of normal, but still normal; so, you don't need thyroid medication, or I can't prescribe even if you do.

There's just no money in prescribing thyroid; whereas, leaving someone hypothyroid opens up a myriad of designer conditions (some not even made up yet) they can be diagnosed with and profited from.

I long for the good old days when you would be bled with actual leeches, instead of by the medical industrial complex ones you have to deal with in the modern world.

Best wishes, OP, in figuring it out. Don't waste your time and money on doctors.
A lesson well learned from me this year. Best wishes to you as well!

OP
eugenics4dumies
Here's a great resource to begin thyroid supplementation if you so choose:

Thank you! I've already started supplementing tyromax Ndt without much results. Started with half a drop and have worked my way up to 4 drops 3x per day with absolutely no reaction to it. Some people here have said this may be because of impaired liver function. I'm wondering if doing just some Tyronene would do the trick but don't want to just from one thing to another too quickly.

Phosphor

My tests were fine except for low T3, for a very long time, and I have taken 90mg Naturethroid for a long time. I decided to try Lugol's and see what happened. Interestingly, my temperature has not gone up, BUT!!
My hairline that had receded somewhat, OMG....I have had very long hair for decades, and after starting the Lugol's I have "bangs" growing in that are now about two inches long, filling in that front of my head where I had lost the hair. AND some of it is coming in the color it used to be before I started getting lighter and lighter (red hair....we go white instead of gray.) I'm 72 and getting hair back because of starting to take iodine. I don't use iodized salt (celtic salt) so I take five drops of Lugol's every day, dissolved in the water I drink. 95 pounds. I can't of course recommend a dose for you but this is what is making a difference for me.
I would also consider testing your adrenal output.....especially because of the history of illness. I think adrenals are not addressed properly most of the time.

OP
eugenics4dumies
My tests were fine except for low T3, for a very long time, and I have taken 90mg Naturethroid for a long time. I decided to try Lugol's and see what happened. Interestingly, my temperature has not gone up, BUT!!
My hairline that had receded somewhat, OMG....I have had very long hair for decades, and after starting the Lugol's I have "bangs" growing in that are now about two inches long, filling in that front of my head where I had lost the hair. AND some of it is coming in the color it used to be before I started getting lighter and lighter (red hair....we go white instead of gray.) I'm 72 and getting hair back because of starting to take iodine. I don't use iodized salt (celtic salt) so I take five drops of Lugol's every day, dissolved in the water I drink. 95 pounds. I can't of course recommend a dose for you but this is what is making a difference for me.
I would also consider testing your adrenal output.....especially because of the history of illness. I think adrenals are not addressed properly most of the time.
Thank you for the input! Anything you suggest for adrenals?

Risingfire

Thank you! I've already started supplementing tyromax Ndt without much results. Started with half a drop and have worked my way up to 4 drops 3x per day with absolutely no reaction to it. Some people here have said this may be because of impaired liver function. I'm wondering if doing just some Tyronene would do the trick but don't want to just from one thing to another too quickly.
You need to give it time. And NDT doesn't work for everyone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals