Coconut oil and Diazepam

M

member 2106

Tonight I was feeling cold in the hands and feet and decided to try having a coffee with lots and sugar and milk, and also a tea spoon of unrefined coconut oil, as a little experiment. It resulted in a panic attack, but I don't know if that was a self-fulfilling prophesy (I was slightly anxious about taking it) or whether it was a genuine reaction. I still feel kind of weird, not good weird, and my feet are still freezing - but I guess I did have a bit of an adrenaline rush. Is coconut oil taken in this way likely to set off anxiety?

Another thing I wanted to ask - I find Diazepam (Valium) incredibly effective at inducing calm during a panic attack or high anxiety. Again, it's sometimes hard to tell how much of this is a placebo effect, or whether it really is just a very powerful drug. I was wondering if any of you would be able to explain to me how exactly benzodiazepines work, because I've found it hard to find a really clear explanation online, and I'm fascinated by it since it's been such a life saver for me.

BingDing

[ref]waldenpond[/ref], that was probably just a one off reaction. Neither coffee nor CO usually has that kind of effect. Maybe after you try it a few more times it'll improve

Nobody understands how Valium works, sorry. We are all just guinea pigs for Big Pharma.

jyb

waldenpond said:
post 100978 Tonight I was feeling cold in the hands and feet and decided to try having a coffee with lots and sugar and milk, and also a tea spoon of unrefined coconut oil, as a little experiment. It resulted in a panic attack, but I don't know if that was a self-fulfilling prophesy (I was slightly anxious about taking it) or whether it was a genuine reaction. I still feel kind of weird, not good weird, and my feet are still freezing - but I guess I did have a bit of an adrenaline rush. Is coconut oil taken in this way likely to set off anxiety?

Another thing I wanted to ask - I find Diazepam (Valium) incredibly effective at inducing calm during a panic attack or high anxiety. Again, it's sometimes hard to tell how much of this is a placebo effect, or whether it really is just a very powerful drug. I was wondering if any of you would be able to explain to me how exactly benzodiazepines work, because I've found it hard to find a really clear explanation online, and I'm fascinated by it since it's been such a life saver for me.

Valium is no placebo if you ask me, but I don't think it's not only drug that can do that. I have cyproheptadine in my emergency cabinet, if I have a surprising anxiety problem then that's sometimes my first choice. Maybe valium is faster acting and has pro-mood effects not just anti-anxiety? Supplementing pregnenolone or smoking a one-off cigarette can also have drug like calming effects. All these things are supposed to be lowering stress hormones like cortisol and increasing good brain hormones. Frequent anxiety breakouts are very related to diet in my experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals