Cavities Every 6 Months

biggirlkisss

cavities every 6 months and it way over my budget too. Any ideas I brush 4x with baking soda I use water pick and floss once a day. I am using expensive electric toothbrush i am doubtful of them at times. I buy bulk prisles and change them regularity.

Cirion

Excessive eating of sugars and fats was causing me problems. Once I started to balance my food a bit with some starch that helped a bit. Also, consider Xylitol per a dentist book I was reading the other month. If 100% of your carbs are sugar there is a lot of chance you will have cavity problems, at least I started to. I also started having chlorine dioxide mouthwash. The xylitol and ClO2 mouthwash has seemingly brought down my mouth sensitivity a bit, so I think it is doing something.

meatbag

methylene blue as a mouth wash is really good, also coconut oil. If you have a red light you can use it on the mouth too

lampofred

cavities every 6 months and it way over my budget too. Any ideas I brush 4x with baking soda I use water pick and floss once a day. I am using expensive electric toothbrush i am doubtful of them at times. I buy bulk prisles and change them regularity.

Are you taking any thyroid supplement? I think several brands have contaminants that might screw up teeth.

ddjd

baking soda can be really corrosive. are you sure youre not scraping off your enamel. 4 x a day is way too much.

i soak my teeth in xylitol whenever they get slightly sensitive and it completely fixes my problem.

k2 mk4 topically on the teeth also works.

Ron J

Perhaps brushing 4 times a day is too harsh on the enamel. Swishing with baking soda after every meal/snack can help.

GutFeeling

Maybe you have enamel hipoplasia?
Doxycycline may help, i have used It for 15 days and It seems to have improved my sensibility issues.

iPeat

Dunno overwhelmed with different opionons saying dont brush after natural etc. I'll try more sweet potatoes and other carbs like borlioli. There is Xylitol Toothpaste. What you think or just stick with monthwash.

The effect of xylitol on dental caries and oral flora

My teeth fell part when I was doing Keto. Making my own toothpaste stopped the damage and maybe even reversed some of it. Bentonite clay, Xylitol, coconut oil, and little baking soda. I just sort of use whatever amounts will make a paste and store it in a small jar on the sink. I don't really rinse after either; just spit out excess.

Lately, after watching a Peat lecture, I got to thinking about CO2 and teeth (I have tooth decay). So I bought a bunch of cans of seltzer water, drink it little by little, swish it around my mouth to release the CO2 and just hold the gas/liquid in my mouth for about a minute per sip so my gums can absorb it. It takes awhile to drink a whole can, but it's definitely affecting my teeth.

The first night I did this, I saw regrowth of my teeth the very next morning. I've been doing this for 3 days and the locations where I have decay are starting to fill up with a white/grey, clay-consistency material and the edges of the teeth around the decay have new bone forming. I also had this happen for the first few weeks after starting a Peat-inspired diet but it stopped abruptly.

However, a caveat; I have not noticed any changes in my cavities that are not at the gum line (I have 2), only the locations of tooth decay at the gum line. I've had these 2 cavities for almost 10 years. Getting away from regular toothpaste and improving my diet halted them, but they haven't gotten any better.

Good luck. Dental problems really suck.

Cirion

Dunno overwhelmed with different opionons saying dont brush after natural etc. I'll try more sweet potatoes and other carbs like borlioli. There is Xylitol Toothpaste. What you think or just stick with monthwash.

The author of "Kiss your dentist goodbye" doesn't recommend the xylitol toothpaste but does recommend the xylitol mints/gums. I forget exactly why offhand.

Personally, I seem to handle Tom's of maine's toothpaste without sensitivity issues.

ddjd

no just buy xylitol powder and let a spoon of it dissolve in your mouth and swish it around for 20 minutes. do this every day for a week.

xylitol toothpaste will do nothing.

and stop brushing your teeth 4 times a day with baking soda. you're directly causing the problem by doing that!!

TeslaFan

Teeth are a living organ, built from the inside, from the bloodstream. You can brush 20 times a day, and cavities will not stop if teeth are not properly rebuilt from the inside.
Long story short: Vitamin K, Arginine, Boron. It's what you eat, not what you brush with. Not that I am against brushing, of course. Hygiene is important.

meatbag

just throwing it out there that you really can damage your tooth enamel if you brush to hard/much and use abrasive powders. I think I've heard just using baking soda as a mouth wash after drinking acidic things; juice, soda, etc.

I think you could dissolve a small amount of baking soda in some melted coconut oil and then leave it to harden and use that as a tooth paste

Cirion

You totally jinxed it brah =P

My teeth has been decaying rapidly myself but I have low protein and low calcium intake to blame. I've since fixed both issues, but not before having to get five cavities filled =/

Runenight201

You totally jinxed it brah =P

My teeth has been decaying rapidly myself but I have low protein and low calcium intake to blame. I've since fixed both issues, but not before having to get five cavities filled =/

Did they use mercury fillings??? /s inb4 i go give myself autism with some flu shots

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals