Take Care Of Your Teeth

Amazigh

do you think it was the toothpaste or the MB?

Maybe it's just the alkali. I've been using baking soda to brush. And I floss.

Lately I'm using the MMS, and rinsing twice a day. It has already removed plaque. Not sure if that is all good or not. There is some evidence plaque is protective. But we'll see.

It's always fun running experiments.

I'd like to get rid of this hot and cold sensitivity though.

I'm taking a guess here, but I think it might be both - MB to keep the bacteria low and the toothpaste/mouthwash with minerals to replenish the enamel and keep the ph from getting too acidic. I used baking soda for a long time, then I switched to using charcoal, and though my teeth were whiter with both, it didn't help at all with replenishing enamel. Baking soda may have helped a little with keeping me from getting more cavities, anecdotally.

Amazigh

I'm taking a guess here, but I think it might be both - MB to keep the bacteria low and the toothpaste/mouthwash with minerals to replenish the enamel and keep the ph from getting too acidic. Before this, I used baking soda for a long time, then I switched to using charcoal, and though my teeth were whiter with both, it didn't help at all with replenishing enamel. Baking soda may have helped a little with keeping me from getting more cavities, anecdotally.

^^ weird, I went to edit my post and add "Before this" to a sentence, and it posted a separate post.

I'm taking a guess here, but I think it might be both - MB to keep the bacteria low and the toothpaste/mouthwash with minerals to replenish the enamel and keep the ph from getting too acidic. I used baking soda for a long time, then I switched to using charcoal, and though my teeth were whiter with both, it didn't help at all with replenishing enamel. Baking soda may have helped a little with keeping me from getting more cavities, anecdotally.

Thank you.

JamesGatz

100% agree - I think mexican coke might've ruined my teeth - My teeth were perfect until I started drinking this stuff consistently - now im oil pulling and brushing consistently and stopped the coke for now to see if i see any improvement

Metabawlic

Teeth issues signal systemic issues.

If you consume lots of sugar without appropriate nutrient support and hygiene practices, you open the door for poor microbiotic environment in your mouth and inadequate remineralization.

1. Consume nutrient dense animal foods in high quantities - liver, heart, other organs, milk, cheese, etc... for micronutrient support
2. Avoid "sticky" or "fibrous" foods - think unripe or pulpy fruits, poorly cooked meat, uncooked starches. They get stuck in between teeth and cause staining/tartar build up much quicker. Probably due to supporting harmful localized microbiota.
3. Opt for honey over sugar - there's been no causal link established between honey (one of nature's most effective biota regulators) and tooth decay. The most observational studies could find was linked to actual comb getting stuck on the teeth.
4. You can buy a dental cleaning kit off Amazon and clean tartar and build up off your teeth by yourself to always keep them looking pristine.
5. Pull with coconut oil daily for 10-15 minutes to keep teeth pearly white and to improve oral microbiome.
6. Keep toothpicks near your door or in your car to pick off stuck bits on the go.

Personally, my sugar consumption increased significantly when I began to have access to abundant local fruits year round, but I notice significantly less tartar build up and staining (and consequently require fewer cleanings) due to the principles above. Metabolic boost resulted in regeneration if anything!

JamesGatz

Happy-Aboriginal-kids_credit-Ludo-Kuipers-1986.jpg

What do users think of this ? Australian Aborigines living in the middle of nowhere with perfect teeth - I am jealous

Just from oil pulling with coconut oil daily I have noticed improvement within a week - Does it kill bacteria in the mouth ? hopefully my teeth get back to these pearly whites​

JamesGatz

Teeth issues signal systemic issues.

If you consume lots of sugar without appropriate nutrient support and hygiene practices, you open the door for poor microbiotic environment in your mouth and inadequate remineralization.

1. Consume nutrient dense animal foods in high quantities - liver, heart, other organs, milk, cheese, etc... for micronutrient support
2. Avoid "sticky" or "fibrous" foods - think unripe or pulpy fruits, poorly cooked meat, uncooked starches. They get stuck in between teeth and cause staining/tartar build up much quicker. Probably due to supporting harmful localized microbiota.
3. Opt for honey over sugar - there's been no causal link established between honey (one of nature's most effective biota regulators) and tooth decay. The most observational studies could find was linked to actual comb getting stuck on the teeth.
4. You can buy a dental cleaning kit off Amazon and clean tartar and build up off your teeth by yourself to always keep them looking pristine.
5. Pull with coconut oil daily for 10-15 minutes to keep teeth pearly white and to improve oral microbiome.
6. Keep toothpicks near your door or in your car to pick off stuck bits on the go.

Personally, my sugar consumption increased significantly when I began to have access to abundant local fruits year round, but I notice significantly less tartar build up and staining (and consequently require fewer cleanings) due to the principles above. Metabolic boost resulted in regeneration if anything!
I agree I just tried honey after a long time avoiding it and my teeth health and gut health already feel significantly better - I do think honey is the main reason these indigineous people have perfect teeth - something extraordinary about it

MayaPapaya

As far as I can tell, cheese does the same thing as "Recaldent". The CPP-ACP that is in "Recaldent" and "Tooth Mousse" is derived from dairy. I haven't figured out if the cheese needs to be digested for the stuff in it to be useful to the teeth in a similar way as those products you named, but there is some evidence it works without being digested. Cheese is also a very useful food in that it actually prevents any potential acidity caused by sucrose. The pH of the saliva can actually rise after eating cheese.

A note about the second study posted: This is very interesting, and I think I've posted it before on the forum, but the kids in this study were given chocolate and their saliva pH was tested. The baseline pH values varied between the kids and ranged from 6.4-7.4, which is a huge difference. It says this in the study, which is quite fascinating...

"In the present study, a shallow drop in pH (acidic) was seen in 70% of subjects and is consistent with Stephan’s observations that sugar containing foods cause a rapid drop in plaque (oral) pH. This shallow pH response to chocolate maybe attributed to the difference in the method of assessing oral pH since, most studies assessed plaque pH. However, in 30% of children no change in pH was detected. The probable reason for this lack in change in salivary pH maybe because their resting salivary pH was higher than 7.0 thus, had better buffering capacity and was similar to Birkhed’s findings."

So 30% of these kids were able to eat chocolate and their saliva alone could buffer against any rise in acid. As we know, pH needs to fall below 5.5 to cause demineralization, and the people sitting closer to the 6.4 baseline pH are a lot closer to the 5.5 value.

Comparative evaluation of enamel remineralization potential of processed cheese, calcium phosphate-based synthetic agent, and a fluoride-containing... - PubMed - NCBI
"Recently, the cariostatic properties of cheese have been the subject of intensive research. Processed cheese is hypoacidogenic, prevents demineralization, and enhances remineralization. Remineralization of dairy products is attributed to casein. Casein is one of the two major proteins in milk and accounts for approximately 80% of total protein. Goodness of casein peptide has been commercialized using its extract named casein phosphopeptide (CPP) in various remineralizing agents available in the market."

"Out of all commonly consumed dairy products, cheese was chosen to be one of the experimental agents in this study because Ca, P, and pH levels of plaque rise maximum with the use of cheese as compared to other dairy products."

"Results of this study revealed that both quantitative and qualitative effects obtained after cheese application were at par with those obtained after CPP-ACP application."

"Cheese as a protective food has achieved its resonance with evidence of its beneficial effects other than remineralization as it is rich in casein and whey proteins. It protects enamel by its natural CPP, stimulation of salivation, and enhancement of plaque Ca levels and hence acts to reduce demineralization and enhance remineralization."

Effect of Chewing Paneer and Cheese on Salivary Acidogenicity: A Comparative Study
Casein phosphopeptides released by the proteolysis of cheese following intake lead to the formation of casein phosphopeptide-calcium phosphate complexes (CPP-CP) which increase calcium and phosphate in plaque thereby increasing its pH. This maybe cited as the probable reason for recording higher pH values with paneer as it had a higher protein and Ca/PO4 content as compared to processed cheese. Cheese may also protect against caries by reducing the adherence of mutans streptococci to tooth surfaces. Lipids in cheese may be protective by forming a coating on enamel surfaces which can reduce demineralization of tooth enamel surfaces and/ or by an antibacterial action of fatty acids.

The substrate that causes a prolonged acidic pH is more detrimental to the teeth than its sugar content alone. In this study it was found that the fall in salivary pH caused by consuming chocolate reaching a maximum at 5 minutes and it took 60 minutes to revert to baseline values indicating the prolonged deleterious effect of chocolate consumption. The fall in salivary pH was rapidly reversed when followed by eating paneer and cheese and this protective effect reached a maximum at 30 minutes. However, even after an hour the salivary pH was higher than baseline values suggesting the prolonged caries protective effect of paneer and cheese.

Comparison of salivary calcium, phosphate and alkaline phosphatase levels in children with early childhood caries after administration of milk, che... - PubMed - NCBI
"Saliva should be saturated with Calcium and Phosphate to affect their bioavailability in amounts adequate for remineralizaton. Milk, Cheese and GC Tooth Mousse applicaton were equally beneficial in saturating the saliva with adequate amount of Calcium and Phosphate."

Effects of processed cheese on human plaque pH and demineralization and remineralization. - PubMed - NCBI
"This study indicates that processed cheese is hypoacidogenic, anti-acidogenic, and prevents demineralization as well as enhances remineralization."
But GC Tooth Mousse contain Fluoride, a very harmful substance.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals