It's Weird That The Body Can Heal Other Bones, But It Can't Heal Teeth

Before you say that you "healed" your teeth by taking X supplement or eating X food, stop there, I don't believe you.

Unless you have pictures that were taken using a dental camera like this:

1zodp8x.jpg

from before and after your "healing regimen" then you're just talking out of your bum.

The only crowd on the internet that claims that healing cavities can be done is the Weston Price crowd, and as you saw with the recent exposure of their scam, well, I'm glad to say I told you so. I called that years ago. I can pull up links to quotes from me from 3 years ago on peatarian making fun of fermented cod liver oil. :D

The skulls of some tribal peoples show that tooth decay was a number one killer. A tooth infection can kill you. Actually, today they still do:

"Tooth infection causes blood infection, leads to man's death"

http://goo.gl/iauj17

Some say that when you break a bone and it heals, that bone becomes stronger than before.

But teeth are bones too, and they are just so weird. Once a cavity has formed, you must get it filled. Yes, you may go a long time with that cavity eating away slowly at your enamel and then eventually your dentin, but over time it will infect the root, and once it eats through and gets to the root, It's over. Your only choice then is to have a root canal or pull the tooth. There is no such thing as "healing" a tooth.

Before the dental technology of today, it was knowledge passed down to people to be very protective of your teeth. And the people who weren't either had to pull them with no anesthetic, or die from the decay.

True healing of teeth, is prevention. But maybe because of the nature of teeth, in that they are exposed bone, that makes things different. Other bones are inside the body and have a constant flow of blood and everything else while the teeth are right there. But in a evolutionary sense, very easily decaying teeth are very strange.

pboy

I agree and its really annoying for me, because similar to Peat, on my vegan escapade I damaged mine...not as badly as him, more so just a few chips or roughed up edges...however I think moreso than even the high acid or concentrated sugar of the diet, was the stress I was under at the time..id wake up with mouth clenched and with a semi back and forth feeling. The health of my whole body was pretty messed up, although I was still functioning via sheer will and spirit and never got sick...so I healed my whole body within the span of a year and a half, yet the teeth are pretty much exactly the same. The idea that saliva rebuilds enamel...I dunno about that, it doesn't appear to be the case. I even thought for a while that brushing them was simply rubbing off the fresh laid minerals, so I didn't brush for a while..is gently swish. Ive been on a tannin / pigment free diet for a long time now, yet coffee stains, other dark pigmented tea stains and what not, haven't budged...sure you can use bleech, I did once or twice and it did help so I'm sure I could just do that for a week or two and they'd be fine, but I'm trying to...really this is a huge interest for me, I'm trying to figure out how the teeth work biochemically and see if theres any way to go about that before using abrasive treatment. When I was at my low point a few years ago, I couldn't even chew anything harder than like cooked rice, because of how sensitive my teeth were...and anyone who's had that knows its the most excruciating pain there pretty much is outside the the eyes and nuts. By slowly chewing cereals and seeds, I eventually was able to eat them with some discomfort but actually chew them, things like cashews but it had to be very slowly done....so I know the teeth can heal to some extent, however after I stopped chewing things, re intrudocing things recently, the sensitivity is still there. I don't really understand evolutionarily what is going on with this...but it almost seems like, like if not for modern equipment, the fact I can get a bunch of milk and sugar and stuff, id maybe have died from the simple fact I couldn't chew the foods I needed for nourishment. I posted something about this in a topic a while back, about how nails and hair have a root, that feeds the growth of the external part of the thing, which eventually falls or breaks off, then a new sprout happens...and the teeth are basically the same mechanism...but of course, I'm unwilling to purposefully bust out a tooth and see if it regrows. It seems to make sense though that that's how it could or should work. Either that, or brushing does really blunt any healing attempt, and I need to stop brushing for a long time and see if the enamel where theres rough edges or chips actually heals up. Another thing that is silly, is that in order to mix saliva with your food, inevitable some comes into contact with the teeth, which then leaves a residue, which then has to be somehow physically removed, or bacteria or whatever can grow on it or it blocks saliva from adding new minerals to the enamel, if that does actually occur. If you look at animals in nature, even ones that eat a ton of greens which you'd expect to leave stains, somehow they don't get them....they also don't eat highly acidic food, so maybe the acids are the precursor to weakning teeth exposing surfaces that can get messed up.

You hear testamonials of people that have done great things with their teeth but again, like for ever one of those theres thousands of opposing cases. I think the roots and stuff can heal, which is why id never recommend dental surgery and stuff, but the outer parts might literally not be able to heal, its up in the air at this point....you'd figure Peat with all his knowledge and years of eating healthy, if there was a way, would have by now had his teeth heal to an extent...but instead, damage from one failed experiment 45 years ago is still showing up

Well, if you want to play the "evolution game", tooth replacement is probably the normal solution for this kind of issue. But yes, if you crack your bone it will seal, if you cut your finger off you won't grow a new bone either.

sugar daddy

The teeth are not bones, they have a different function that's why they don't have the same properties.

it's a bit like comparing skin to muscle.

OP
Westside PUFAs
sugar daddy said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97488/ The teeth are not bones, they have a different function that's why they don't have the same properties.

it's a bit like comparing skin to muscle.

They're similar in the sense that dentin is a connective tissue made up of collagen and minerals and bones have collagen and minerals but yes, there are differences. One big difference is that teeth are directly exposed to bacteria constantly where bones are not. I found a good excerpt:

"But bones are still not as strong as teeth. The hardest part of the human body, teeth mostly consist of a calcified tissue called dentine. The tooth's dentine tissue is covered in enamel, that hard, shiny layer that you brush.

The exterior of bones consists of periosteum, a dense, smooth, slippery membrane that lines the outer surface of most bones , except at the joints of long bones, which instead consist of slimy hyaline cartilage. Periosteum contains osteoblasts, or cells that can manufacture new bone growth and repair.

Tooth enamel, unfortunately, doesn't have the same regenerative powers. Unlike bones, teeth cannot heal themselves or grow back together if they are broken. When a bone fractures , new bone cells rush in to fill the gap and repair the break, but a cracked or a broken tooth can require a root canal or even total extraction.

Another difference between teeth and bones is that bone marrow produces red and white blood cells, while teeth do not. Bones receive their blood supply from a number of arteries that pass through the bone's periosteum to the inner bone marrow.

Although the bloody core of a tooth that's been knocked out might look like marrow, it's actually something called the dental pulp, the living portion of each tooth that contains nerves, arteries and veins and runs through to the jaw bone. These nerves are what cause us to feel toothaches caused by cavities or experience pain when eating something hot or cold.

One last difference is that our teeth are bare and on display, while bones are safety tucked away under our skin. So while you may occasionally use whitening strips to keep your pearly whites looking, um, white, at least you don't have to worry about your bones yellowing."

The part in red is the main point I was getting at. It just seems odd that we didn't evolve a better way to avoid tooth decay.

Last edited by a moderator:

jyb

Westside PUFAs said:
The part in red is the main point I was getting at. It just seems odd that we didn't evolve a better way to avoid tooth decay.

I would guess either teeth decay is quite recent in human history (so, a few thousands years) due to new diet and farming methods, or the decay does not pose enough threat for evolution. I think many would agree lifestyle, especially diet, has a strong influence on teeth health, so I wouldn't be surprised if many populations actually never experienced teeth problems (like the Masai from a hundred years ago?)...

Wilfrid

Westside PUFAs said:
The only crowd on the internet that claims that healing cavities can be done is the Weston Price crowd...

I don't think so....some people that are following, or teaching, the RBTI protocol are also making those claims ( Alexander A. Beddoe, Challen Waychoff, for the teaching side....) while on Min-Col and on the " right " diet...

Parsifal

Has anyone here read things about Robert Becker growing an almost full rat leg after studying salamanders regeneration?

pboy

edit out

I was thinking...when children get adult teeth, they aren't as big as when they are an adult right? so maybe teeth can grow to an extent

Entropy

I remember reading an article written by Denise Minger how she treated her damaged teeth with a Weston A Price approach, A,D, and "religiously supplementing with k2".

"And at my next dental cleaning, the hygienist confirmed a turn for the better: some of my “irreversibly” lost enamel was thickening; a few pre-cavity trouble spots were filling in on their own; and the periodontal pockets that’d been getting gradually worse were suddenly tightening back up — jumping from measurements of 4-5 millimeters on most teeth to 2-3."

Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/nutritio ... z3kKyrEhHd

Matt1951

I used to require a lot of dental work. For the last 10 years, I have only required cleaning. Nine years ago, the dentist said I had small cavities that needed attention. The same dentist, today, says I have no cavities. Humans did not have (substantial amounts of) cavities until they started eating grains. I posit that eating wheat is the primary cause of cavities in America, not eating sugar. Go ahead, keep eating grains, and keep getting your teeth drilled.

answersfound

Matt1951 said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97610/ I used to require a lot of dental work. For the last 10 years, I have only required cleaning. Nine years ago, the dentist said I had small cavities that needed attention. The same dentist, today, says I have no cavities. Humans did not have (substantial amounts of) cavities until they started eating grains. I posit that eating wheat is the primary cause of cavities in America, not eating sugar. Go ahead, keep eating grains, and keep getting your teeth drilled.

Why how do grains cause cavities

sugar daddy

Not quite sure what you don't understand here but teeth aren't bones just like livers aren't kidneys etc.

One of the main differences that teeth have to be a lot harder than bone and for this reason they are covered in enamel which is crystalline mineral and is avascular.

Once the enamel has gone it cannot be regenerated but I believe that K2 can help the enamel remineralise which can get rid of some pain and sensitivity.

As for why evolution hasn't developed a better answer is simply because it hasn't. We are arguably the most advanced and successful animal it's ever produced so if I don't think it's a bad solution.

It would be nice if we could regrow our teeth but I would prefer the power of flight if given the choice :cool:

OP
Westside PUFAs
Matt1951 said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97610/Humans did not have (substantial amounts of) cavities until they started eating grains.

Yes, because the Chinese' teeth have been falling out for millennia from white rice.

Matt1951 said:
I posit that eating wheat is the primary cause of cavities in America, not eating sugar.

Peat recommends to rinse your mouth after a coke.

Matt1951 said:
Go ahead, keep eating grains, and keep getting your teeth drilled.

Who actually eats grains though?

Amaranth
Barley
Buckwheat
Farro / Emmer
Kamut
Millet
Muesli
Quinoa
Rye
Sorghum
Spelt
Teff
Triticale

Everyone I know who has rotting teeth does not eat those grains.

sugar daddy said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97644/ Not quite sure what you don't understand here but teeth aren't bones just like livers aren't kidneys etc.

I'm not quite sure why you don't understand a lot of things too. ;)

You believing that K2 can do that doesn't mean it really does.

Evolution has left behind many pointless things. Wisdom teeth are pointless and often the cause of many problems in the jaw as is the appendix and many other body parts. It's called Human vestigiality:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_vestigiality

OP
Westside PUFAs
sugar daddy said:

Why? You're the one who said "Not quite sure what you don't understand here" which is an attacking negative remark on a thread that had no negativity until you said that. Telling me that I need "help" is putting me down and against forum rules. But it's okay because it's against me so no one cares. I stopped with the negativity and attacking after I was banned for 2 weeks because I realized how stupid it is so now I just simply have discussion. But it's funny that people like you and CSP always have to attack me now because I talk about things that you don't like to hear. If you don't like my threads or aren't going to add anything useful to them then don't comment. Or if you are adding something useful then leave out the snide remarks.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:

sugar daddy

I say you need help because you seem so uptight and very confrontational and when something doesn't fit your view your easily angered but I accept my last post wasnt nice remark so sorry for that.

As for not adding something useful I answered the threads question directly and simply but whatever I'll leave you guys to it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals