How to fix gum disease for <$100

dabdabdab

great coincidence,3 days and I've been rubbing a powdered pill made from calcium, mag, d3, K2 combo on my teeth several times a day after everything I eat.
the whitening effect is noticeable and bio-film comes off easily. I think a pearly like effect is happening on the opaque parts.

Ell

Seek ye the Charles F. Bass DDS methode, and ye shall unlock the immense value of a nickel's worth of salt.

OP
Twohandsondeck
Update:

Adding a small amount of apple cider vinegar and lemon juice (roughly 1 tablespoon of each per quart of water) to the the water flossing mixture seems to make it more thoroughly, or equivalently, cleansing to a saltwater formula.

In order to minimize the residue left on the teeth from the juice & vinegar, I find it best to traditionally floss first, water-floss second, brush with bar soap third, rinse with water, and then finally rinse with milk if desired.

credit: Dental Hygiene, Causes of Decay and Reversal, and Re-enamelization

Last edited:

oxphoser

My father lost all his teeth due to peridontal disease at 40, my mom who was a freakin NURSE for oral surgeons lost all of hers at 50. At 67 I still confound my dentist and hygienist because I refuse commercial toothpaste and do not floss.
Perfect checkup, have all my teeth.
Baking soda brushing morning and night with 2drops of THERAPEAUTIC GRADE cloves oil. Unless they let you see the test results, its prob not therapeutic essential oil. $16 from YoungLiving lasts for months. Most potent antioxident on planet earth ORAC scale off the charts compared to anything else, and all those invasive tools and chemicals
I’m intrigued. Do you put the clove’s oil on your toothbrush? Does it sting?

akgrrrl

I’m intrigued. Do you put the clove’s oil on your toothbrush? Does it sting?
Yes a drop of cloves or peppermint right on toothbrush after dipping it in baking soda. Awesome taste, freshness. Cloves has been used as a dental numbing agent for thousands of years. No sting.

Do you combine the xylitol and the methylene blue? In what base?

Water.

I’ve found getting bent needle blunt syringes and injecting a 50/50 H2O2 3% and water with some salt into the pockets alleviates gum disease very well.

oxphoser

Yes a drop of cloves or peppermint right on toothbrush after dipping it in baking soda. Awesome taste, freshness. Cloves has been used as a dental numbing agent for thousands of years. No sting.
Thanks, I’ll try it! I was wondering if anyone has tried anything for a tooth they have been told has to be extracted? I have one like this; the nerve is dead and I’ve been keeping the infection down by putting salt in my waterpik water and using the blunt “pick pocket” attachment to spray into the gum pockets around it. I’ve been keeping the infection down and it doesn’t hurt, but to get rid of it entirely, I fear I will have to have the tooth out. The other choice they gave me was to get a root canal which is never good.

Mossy

I purchased this clove oil last year, based on @akgrrrl's success, but I believe it made me slightly ill. Based on the product description and reviews, it seems to be theuraputic quality. I'd be curious for input if anyone else has had experience with this brand.

amd

Cloves are histamine liberators.

Did you dilute the essential oil?

@Mossy

Last edited:
E

eat my peat

I investigated Dr. Manhart's calcium therapy a few years back, and came to the conclusion that it is probably not in any way superior to simply coating the gums with powdered zinc acetate lozenges + calcium ascorbate powder. I actually did that for a good few months and it really seemed to help. Not sure why I stopped, I should probably get back on it.
Just did a deep dive into Dr. Manhart's calcium therapy and completely agree with what your saying.

However, why calcium ascorbate powder over other forms?

OP
Twohandsondeck
I have to somewhat rescind this thread! The waterpik is still very useful but regardless of what solution I was packing into that thing (lemon juice, salt, apple cider vinegar, iodine, etc), it wasn't thoroughly removing the hardened plaque buildup on the teeth the same way that it's removed at a hygienist's visit. Although it was helpful and prevented me from suffering any tooth pain with occasional use, I could still feel that plaque coating on some of my teeth, especially the back ones on the lower mandible.

Recently I came across this absolute madlad who put up the following video showing that you can buy a professional-grade hygiene tool on eBay for $150:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNIIBAg33qk

I took his advice and ordered one with the link:

Dude! It's really great. Works like a charm. As he recommends in the video, it would be a good idea to watch a couple tutorial videos before you jump in because it's pretty easy to take the enamel off of the teeth without paying attention. I did it initially and pineapples didn't agree with me for 48 hours.

I can also attest to the mineral water being the preferred source of water to prevent mouth dryness. Obviously any water will do the job of removing the plaque, but distilled water left my mouth intensely dry where mineral water didn't.

Mossy

Cloves are histamine liberators.

Did you dilute the essential oil?

@Mossy
I diluted it by way of adding it to my toothpaste before brushing.

Mossy

I have to somewhat rescind this thread! The waterpik is still very useful but regardless of what solution I was packing into that thing (lemon juice, salt, apple cider vinegar, iodine, etc), it wasn't thoroughly removing the hardened plaque buildup on the teeth the same way that it's removed at a hygienist's visit. Although it was helpful and prevented me from suffering any tooth pain with occasional use, I could still feel that plaque coating on some of my teeth, especially the back ones on the lower mandible.

Recently I came across this absolute madlad who put up the following video showing that you can buy a professional-grade hygiene tool on eBay for $150:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNIIBAg33qk

I took his advice and ordered one with the link:

Dude! It's really great. Works like a charm. As he recommends in the video, it would be a good idea to watch a couple tutorial videos before you jump in because it's pretty easy to take the enamel off of the teeth without paying attention. I did it initially and pineapples didn't agree with me for 48 hours.

I can also attest to the mineral water being the preferred source of water to prevent mouth dryness. Obviously any water will do the job of removing the plaque, but distilled water left my mouth intensely dry where mineral water didn't.

The proper usage of that device is very technical. Do you find that you're able to accurately use the proper technique when using this on your on teeth?

OP
Twohandsondeck
The proper usage of that device is very technical. Do you find that you're able to accurately use the proper technique when using this on your on teeth?
It does have a learning curve. Going by feeling is just as, if not more precise than going by sight, especially with the back teeth. It's very noticeable when running the tongue over the tooth to feel the before and after of the plaque.

Whichway?

That post above mentions it can take the enamel off teeth. I would be really cautious about that. Enamel doesn’t regrow and protects the more sensitive structure of the teeth.

Mossy

It does have a learning curve. Going by feeling is just as, if not more precise than going by sight, especially with the back teeth. It's very noticeable when running the tongue over the tooth to feel the before and after of the plaque.
I would want to have a sense of certainty that I was doing it right before attempting, because as @Whichway? states enamel is a precious material.

I'm all for the great results and would love to not have to go to the dentist again, so I'm curious about this, but I'll need to learn much more first. Thanks for sharing your experience.

OP
Twohandsondeck
I would want to have a sense of certainty that I was doing it right before attempting, because as @Whichway? states enamel is a precious material.

I'm all for the great results and would love to not have to go to the dentist again, so I'm curious about this, but I'll need to learn much more first. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Enamel comes back within days, dentin doesn't. The sensitivity I experienced when originally going over certain teeth 3-4 times with a harder press on an '8' (very high) setting was completely gone within 1 day.

The feeling of not having any crud on a tooth is mentally alleviating.

Back
Top Bottom