Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Dental Health Advice

Discussion in 'Oral Health' started by catan, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Janelle525

Janelle525 Member

I was using the products for a while and it seemed like they helped but they are kinda pricey for what you get so I lost interest. Glad you are having success

2. alywest

alywest Member

Ok, that makes sense! Thanks!

3. Dayman

Dayman Member

are they really baby molars? they're going to fall out anyway.
    Xylitol is strong but non selective so I wouldn't use too much
    I like to use very small amounts of xylitol and rinse well, if I find a cold coming on I use a little bit extra xylitol in the form of a toothpaste
    I also recomment use of essential oils particularly clove. Grapefruit, lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus also work well
    neem mouthwashes are good
    Savacol mouthwash is okay in for short term use (a week or so until you get it under control). It starts staining teeth when used for too long
    here is a good technique video

I also use a water flosser before brushing instead of regular floss
    finally Ray Peat mentions in one of his interviews that cortisol is correlated with dental health so gettingany stress under control will helpo

rinsing out the mouth with a mixture of water and baking soda after food and particularly anything acidic

4. Dayman

Dayman Member

sorry if my post came off as too prescriptive these are just things I'm doing alongside occasional use of strengthening paste(calcium)

5. jzeno

jzeno Member

@catan

I second other's suggestions: Vitamin D and Vitamin K--possibly a little E now and again and lots of natural Vitamin C in the form of tons of OJ--as much as your kid can stomach

Vitamin K: https://www.amazon.com/Thorne-Resea...=UTF8&qid=1549949888&sr=8-4&keywords=thorne+k
    Vitamin K (option 2): IdeaLabs Online Store - Cosmetic Raw Ingredients CTRL+F "Kuinone" (name of the product; Click the product name for a thread on this forum about the product)
    Vitamin D3: Ray Peat says 20,00 IU topically per day--I think he uses Carlson's. But I don't that's important

Thorne suggest 15 mg per day (a lot) for extreme cases (for adults, FYI--not sure about children). But there isn't a toxic level (again, for adults--you'll need to research small children), so I say try K and if you see results, then titrate upward.

Cheese is good. I will suggest this allergenic free cheese: The Danny Roddy Weblog on Instagram: “"Tillamook white cheddar, aged 2 years, has natural ingredients, and Reggiano is the other one that I have confidence in. A big European…” (Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar--White, not dyed yellow)

Ray Peat suggests tons of OJ for Vitamin C (good for Liver, and teeth building) and minerals

I don't get my teeth cleaned. I hadn't for several, several years and when I went recently the dentist was surprised how minimal plaque had built up and nothing seemed strange so he left me to myself.

I recommend an electric toothbrush (cheap Wal-Mart Equate ones--they have the 2 minute timer). My teeth have never been smoother and cleaner and I only got one a few weeks ago.

I used to suffer from temperature issues but Vitamin K and huuuuge doses of Calcium through cheese and milk have helped reduce that dramatically, so I'm making progress.

I eat around 10 oz cheese per day plus 16-ish oz of 1 % lactose-free milk (building up a tolerance), 44+ oz of OJ, 20k units Vitamin D3, and 5-ish mg of Vitamin K (don't worry too much about these numbers just make sure the kids are getting more than the RDI of Calcium. Use cronometer.com to track)