Remineralizing Teeth/reversing Erosion?

Wilfrid

gummybear said:
http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4188

What is good, Vitamin A, D, K. They seem to work together?! Chocolate helped me also at the beginning i dont know why

Go for what your body craves wants is what I am saying let it be milk, coffee, meat, tittymeat

Hi gummybear,

Chocolate contains theobromine and this substance remineralizes and hardens tooth enamel probably better than fluoride. I had the same experience as you did with chocolate.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23615395

BingDing

I've had good results with Dr Ellie's system, explained here. I even had some measurable improvement with mild receding gums. That regimen includes zylitol rinse, too.

Calcium to phosphorus balance is important, I think, to keep parathyroid hormone from rising. Equal or less phosphorous than calcium is RP's recommendation. Coke uses phosphoric acid, may be a hidden source of phosphorous.

Dr Weston Price reported cavities healing themselves with proper nutrition. If I had a small cavity I wouldn't think of getting it filled without trying nutrition first. :2cents

G

gummybear

RayOfHope said:
Thanks for the reply, gummybear! I have been following the thread you linked. :)

I do following cravings -- before I found Peat I was *constantly* craving green veggies (like, in a sick, weird, compulsive way). I've given veggies the side-eye since I got turned on to milk (and up'd my cheese intake), just over a year ago. Now I even have a hard time with carrots, so I rarely eat those anymore. I eat fried onions with my liver and other than the occasional creamed spinach with eggs, I can barely tolerate veggies in any form. Just don't want 'em. I do love my taters, though, and do well with them.

I pounded cocoa + honey pretty hard for a while, then I started to worry about oxylates being hard on the teeth, so I gave it up a while back. Coffee, I do cold brew now, but find I can't drink that much lately (which is odd, I've always been a coffee drinker).

Tittymeat?? :pics :pics I would guess that to be cheese? At any rate, I can't wait to spring that term on my husband, LOL!

Well gummybear is a bit clever. Sex stimulates testosterone production via pheromones and multi-sensual stimulation, which of course balances out estrogen and that is schmeckt gut. So tittymeat is a blessing in disguise (damn bras). Magnesium seems to be important to.

G

gummybear

Wilfrid said:
gummybear said:

What is good, Vitamin A, D, K. They seem to work together?! Chocolate helped me also at the beginning i dont know why

Go for what your body craves wants is what I am saying let it be milk, coffee, meat, tittymeat

Hi gummybear,

Chocolate contains theobromine and this substance remineralizes and hardens tooth enamel probably better than fluoride. I had the same experience as you did with chocolate.

Cool wilfrid that is some cool stuff. Dark chocolate or just any kind?

OP
R

RayOfHope

I've just started GC MI Paste (Tooth Mousse), with Recaldent. Will report back later on its effectiveness.

Wilfrid

gummybear said:
Wilfrid said:
gummybear said:

Hi gummybear,

Cool wilfrid that is some cool stuff. Dark chocolate or just any kind?

I was noticed this effect from eating a fair amount of Kitkat (the french version) something like 4 to 6 kitkat per day. :mrgreen:
So it was simply milk chocolate not dark.

sunmountain

My teeth got sensitive after Peating and drinking juice. I got Sensodyne from the UK after reading Dan's and others' experience with it. I've been using the UK Sensodyne for about a month now, and my teeth are no longer sensitive. I also got the xylitol, but harder to remember mouthwashes during the working day...too many supps and foods to remember already.

marcar72

I think Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin K2, and Zinc status are most important to healthy teeth. I've come to know Zinc as the anti-bacterial mineral even moreso than simply being known to support a healthy immune system. That's to say I feel Zinc is detrimental to bacteria even if they're just hanging out not causing any trouble. So this plays out as adequate Zinc levels making it's way into saliva that help keep the flora of the mouth in check. Adequate Zinc levels is also good for keeping skin bacteria in check via sweat excretion.

Calcium, Vitamin D, and Vitamin K2 are a given I'd say. Zinc is not as well known.

Another thing one might try is chewing gum to increase saliva production and duration. One could even swish their own saliva around in their mouth maybe every so often to coat the teeth. After all that's how natural remineralization occurs to teeth is via good quality saliva. :2cents

Edit: So focus on improving quality/quantity of saliva and you won't have to worry nearly as much about what to brush/rinse with and how many times a day.

Dan W

Another possibly useful tool (thanks to Vladimir Heiskanen): glycine.

The effect of dietary supplementation of glycine at a level of 4% on caries development and the lipid content of rat molar teeth was studied. The glycine supplementation caused a 65.7% reduction in caries development and a 15.1% reduction in lipid content. In a concurrent balance study, it was noted that the dietary glycine did not have any significant effect on the retention of either calcium or phosphorus by the rat's body. Changes in the fatty acid composition of the tooth and a reduction in growth rate were noted, however.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1058885

And see Vladimir's glycine post for some references on the benefits of dental air polishing with glycine (search the page for "polishing").

I'm not sure how well it mimics an air polishing, but I've started swishing with glycine since I'm taking it anyway.

Filip1993

What type of glycine supplement do you take Dan? I'm thinking about trying some glycine since I can't eat gelatin, it gives me acne for some reason.

pboy

I just found this topic...it seems teeth are extremely hard to re mineralize, clean because they aren't vascularized to the tips. The best bet is actually from outside, in...you need to have a lot of saliva always sitting on your teeth, and the saliva has to be abundant in alkaline minerals. The best way is to drink milk, and swish it a lot as you drink it, and don't brush your teeth for a while...its proteins and minerals are actually the only things already preformed that can rebuild teeth from the outside in, that im aware of

that's really interesting and quite fascinating actually that theobromine can help, I don't even know the mechanism...but I do consume a lot of cocoa in milk, and I think that has helped remove stains from previous offenses in the past years...but im almost certain its mostly the milk. Also cocoa itself has some tannins that can stain

A huge key is to avoid anything acidic, even fruits and yogurt...your diet will become more limited, but the acids are so harsh they really stunt any kind of remineralization effort

Dan W

Totally agree, pboy, I think the majority of my dental health improvements have come from managing oral PH, not from "fancy" things like the remineralizing toothpaste / glycine.

Filip1993, I use the glycine from the first link gummybear posted. I think most people are using regular glycine, I don't know anything about the DMG form.

Peatri Dish

For what it's worth the Thorne k2 did wonders for my teeth and gums. Unfortunately I am a nighttime grinder and I have a cracked tooth under a filling. The filling is holding it together. I wake up in the night with my jaw clenched and I think oh no I'm going to disintegrate this tooth if I keep it up. The dentist was going to put a crown on it but she wanted to X-ray it. She wouldn't do the work without an xray so I walked out. Not sure what to do now. There's a lot of info out there about remineralizing teeth - but a falling apart tooth? I don't know. So I'm bumping this. See if anyone else has some ideas!

OP
R

RayOfHope

Peatri Dish, do you wear a splint (nightguard/mouthpiece) at night? If you are grinding and clenching you really need a splint (preferably one that is custom-made and fitted by a good dentist). Also, you might want to investigate the cause/s of your bruxism (grinding/clenching), because serotonin is a possible cause. I found that out the hard way many years ago when Effexor gave me TMJS.

I hope you get relief soon! Dental problems really cause a lot of stress. 

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals