High sugar diet has wrecked my teeth, Decay and dentist say i need filling

filling

• Get filling

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Dont get filling

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

famalalam

There's no mention of a carrot salad anywhere. And what exactly are you eating?

pro marker

Safe filling/ cavity halting can me made from SDF or/and Eugenol plus Zinc. Kits are sold on amazon but a dentist preferably can do it for you.

Sugar doesn't do anything to teeth it's the bacteria that metabolize that sugar and provide acidifying byproducts. These bacteria can come from fecal matter when toothbrush is stored in the bathroom. Disinfect you're toothbrush or buy a new one and store in bedroom only.

miswak, a chew stick from the peelu tree is the single best way to get rid of plaque.

maintain Ph balance in the mouth by not mouth breathing, ever, unless extreme exertion. So tape your mouth if you have to.

follow Ellie Phillips xylitol advice for plentiful saliva flow if you can't seem to keep the mouth alkaline.

Address any digestive issues immediately as there is a shared fluid between teeth and body, similar to Lymph that actually permeates out of teeth and keeps them healthy.

sterilizing the mouth is a bandaid.

I'd use the Miswak as many times as you can throughout the day. It's much gentler on your enamel than abrasive toothpastes.

Use fluoride or ideally hydroxyapatite to try and patch up cavities. Earth paste can also help to fill in gaps to mineralize but don't brush with it, its too harsh.

neutralize anything acidic with baking soda or mag bicarb water. Most fruits are acidic as are colas.
you bring amazing advice as always.

Fred

Consuming raw beef liver is great for teeth. My tooth sensitivity disappeared same day when I started. Never came back. Just chop the frozen liver into tiny little pieces and let it thaw, then consume the thawed pieces like pills - wash them down with water - no taste issue that way.

GreekDemiGod

high-dose K2 ASAP
No starch
(fibrous starch will ruin your teeth)

I have had zero tooth pains of any kind since taking Kuinone. Cavities have not gone worse.
Teeth are more yellow-ish to be honest, maybe it's the high coffee consumption.

Wagner83

My teeth became yellow after eating a high sugar, high dairy diet. It looked awful when I smiled.
I would just eat complex carbs instead of sugar. For me that means getting the bulk of my calories from rice, potatoes and white sourdough bread. I eat turkey breast and lean beef for protein. No milk, no cheese, no calcium supplements. My teeth are doing fine now, and are white again. I haven't eaten any dairy for almost 2 years.
What about coffee intake, has it changed?

tankasnowgod

sugar ruins teeth everybody knows that. though i think i have a worse reaction than most.

Yeah, that's common wisdom, but there's no proof it's sugar itself. Soda, orange juice, and citrus fruit are all acidic, and that could be causing issues. Coffee (with or without sugar) has long been known as something that stains teeth, I think it's slightly acidic as well.

And most high sugar foods also contain a lot of wheat fortified with iron, or high PUFA oils. Most on this forum probably avoid such foods, but things like cookies and cakes would be considered "high sugar" by most, but have the above listed issues.

Milk, which has sugar (albeit lactose) is quite good for teeth. In fact, there is truth to the idea that a knocked out tooth can be "saved" in milk-

There was no mention of poor tooth quality during the William Brown experiment, and he was getting 2000 calories from sugar a day, with about 300g of that coming from refined sugar.

Hal Huggins also mentioned the acidic connection when using Vitamin C. He says to never use ascorbic acid on teeth, but that Sodium Ascorbate is fine, and actually quite beneficial even in things like mouthwash applied directly to teeth.

I think it's more important to rinse the teeth with something alkaline after the acidic foods or drinks, milk works great, baking soda also an option. Just plain water would probably work in a pinch.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

ray himself has ***t teeth but blames it on some sort of experiment or something. I call cope.
Do you even know what the word "cope" means?

"to deal with and attempt to overcome problems and difficulties."

So yes, if he did ruin his teeth with the wheat germ experiment back in his 30's, he has dealt with it ever since. The man is 85, and most people of that age don't have perfect teeth, many use dentures and have few, if any, teeth.

Seeing as grains are harsh on teeth, and eating only (or mainly) wheat germ for a time would probably be devoid of important vitamins and minerals like calcium, magnesium, Vitamin D, K and several other cofactors, it seems quite plausible. A lot of people who experimented with vegetarian/vegan diets for a time ended up with teeth problems at a young age. Denise Minger says she had 16 cavities at the age of 17-

Deadpool

try a day eating vegetables and see how everything just has to do with acids. your mouth ph will normalize within a day of doing this. ray himself has ***t teeth but blames it on some sort of experiment or something. I call cope.

I feel like acid balance is key to all this. I notice after I return and experiment with some Peat stuff like coffee and juices, after a while, I get this really bad feeling on my teeth. My teeth feel loose and weak and my whole mouth feels disgusting.

However, some people on this forum really do well on this type of diet. Maybe some people just can't handle the acidity.

keytothecity

Do you even know what the word "cope" means?

"to deal with and attempt to overcome problems and difficulties."

So yes, if he did ruin his teeth with the wheat germ experiment back in his 30's, he has dealt with it ever since. The man is 85, and most people of that age don't have perfect teeth, many use dentures and have few, if any, teeth.

Seeing as grains are harsh on teeth, and eating only (or mainly) wheat germ for a time would probably be devoid of important vitamins and minerals like calcium, magnesium, Vitamin D, K and several other cofactors, it seems quite plausible. A lot of people who experimented with vegetarian/vegan diets for a time ended up with teeth problems at a young age. Denise Minger says she had 16 cavities at the age of 17-

Yeah it could also be all the sugar and 20 cups coffee a day lol

keytothecity

Yeah, that's common wisdom, but there's no proof it's sugar itself. Soda, orange juice, and citrus fruit are all acidic, and that could be causing issues. Coffee (with or without sugar) has long been known as something that stains teeth, I think it's slightly acidic as well.

And most high sugar foods also contain a lot of wheat fortified with iron, or high PUFA oils. Most on this forum probably avoid such foods, but things like cookies and cakes would be considered "high sugar" by most, but have the above listed issues.

Milk, which has sugar (albeit lactose) is quite good for teeth. In fact, there is truth to the idea that a knocked out tooth can be "saved" in milk-

There was no mention of poor tooth quality during the William Brown experiment, and he was getting 2000 calories from sugar a day, with about 300g of that coming from refined sugar.

Hal Huggins also mentioned the acidic connection when using Vitamin C. He says to never use ascorbic acid on teeth, but that Sodium Ascorbate is fine, and actually quite beneficial even in things like mouthwash applied directly to teeth.

I think it's more important to rinse the teeth with something alkaline after the acidic foods or drinks, milk works great, baking soda also an option. Just plain water would probably work in a pinch.
the "cope" I'm referring to is peats (and largely this forums) attempt to rationalize everything towards "this is the perfect diet", when in reality peating is good for thyroid but bad for teeth. basically every single food will have advantages and disadvantages (obviously to varying degrees in individuals) but in reality we have to settle for trade offs, otherwise we probably wouldn't be posting here in the first place

yerrag

nothing is better for the teeth than raw meat and raw cheese. if you ate nothing but those two youd never have to even brush. biting into raw meat and tearing it apart with your teeth drags the raw meat muscle fibers between your teeth and drags out any gunk and bad bacteria. the meat bacteria never hurts your teeth.
Is this from your experience? I can probably relate to the raw meat, not from experience though. I think it's because raw meat contains proteolytic enzymes, and these enzymes break down protein matter, which would otherwise have become food for bacteria, so while bacteria may not be directly killed, it is deprived of nutrients. Maybe this is why wild animals that eat raw meat don't have to brush their wipes nor floss nor waterpik, whatever meat gets stuck between teeth is simply broken down by the enzymes helped by saliva action.

I've always wanted to try eating raw meat or fish as part of my lifestyle but what's keeping me from doing it is my fear of not being able to source good meat, not knowing the source of meat. But recently I realized that it would be less of a concern if I would marinate the meat or fish in vinegar or lemon juice, as this is what's done with carpaccio and with ceviche. So I may incorporate a raw dish for dinner, which would be the last meal before bedtime.
my teeth were great strong and white. after peating they are now yellow and disgusting looking. sugar ruins teeth everybody knows that. though i think i have a worse reaction than most. ive stopped all refined sugar now to see if that has an effect.
If your calcium balance is good, then calcium won't leach out of teeth and your teeth erosion would not happen. Tooth enamel would protect the teeth more to keep it from being eroded by LPS and bacteria. I think sugar's effect on teeth is exaggerated. And who told us sugar is bad for the teeth? The ADA. And who also told us fluoride is good for teeth? ADA. And who told us mercury used in silver fillings is safe? The ADA. More tooth problem means more business for the ADA.

But sugar certainly will still feed bacteria. And with more bacteria there will be more endotoxins as bacteria do die and endotoxins are left in its wake. So the sugar causing plaque, mostly due to endotoxins, is true, and plaque causing dental problems -thru cavities and periodontal issues, that's true. But if you had less bacteria, and had less endotoxins, then sugar would not be causing dental problems.

My theory: eating more-> more endotoxins -> more gut inflamation -> inflamed gums-> bad teeth-> dental work and x-rays->brain inflamation->balding
But eating less would make you sick. Doesn't make sense what you're saying.

You have to keep your gut from becoming a breeding ground for too much bacteria, which will also produce a lot of endotoxins. Eating less of soluble fibers will lessen the unwanted growth of bacteria. Insoluble fibers are good though, as they absorb endotoxins and endotoxins are elimited through the fecal route. Eating raw carrots and cooked bamboo shoots help for their antibiotic effects. And when you sense your stools are pasty and watery and you tend to use a lot of toilet paper, occasional use of activated charcoal will absorb the bacteria and endotoxins causing your stools to be wet and pasty. The gut walls are supposed to absorb liquid back into the blood, but if the gut stew is filled with so much bacteria and endotoxins, the liquid will not be absorbed and this makes your stool wet and pasty.

Another thing that would help is having fats go into your colon. Fats kill bacteria. Problem is they get absorbed in the small intestine and not much is left to go to the colon. So I think eating grated coconut meat would be perfect. The coconut meat is insoluble, and gets to the colon. There would be leftover vco inside the grated coconut meat when it reaches the colon, and this oil will help destroy bacteria.
doesnt matter which, as long as they are not acidic
This is like a dog chasing its own tail. It's a waste of effort. Better to spend time on doing the things that matter. Meat is acidic, so you won't eat meat?

nothing is better for the teeth than raw meat and raw cheese
must be the enzymes still. And cheese also has calcium that puts you in the positive side of calcium balance and thus strengthens your skeletal structure, including the teeth.

Use fluoride or ideally hydroxyapatite to try and patch up cavities. Earth paste can also help to fill in gaps to mineralize but don't brush with it, its too harsh.
Interesting. Any links on how to go about it? If it works, it'll save us a lot of trips to the dentist when a cavity develops. Problem is, when we detect a cavity, it's already when the bacteria has reached the nerve. Can you still not go to the dentist? Can the cavity be fixed still with no future harm the same way a dental filling would be able to do?

neutralize anything acidic with baking soda or mag bicarb water. Most fruits are acidic as are colas.
This is too much work. So every time I eat fruit I take baking soda?

gaze

in my opinion, the worst thing about the "peat diet" for teeth isn't the sugar, or coffee, or acidic Oj. It's the fact that in order to drink 2 quarts of Oj and 2 quarts of milk and possibly more coffee, it requires one to basically be eating/drinking something every hour throughout the day. because of that the natural saliva doesn't get time to coat the teeth. sometimes when i feel my teeth are a bit sensitive, i make a conscious effort to gather a large amount of saliva in my mouth and just swish it around for about 10-15minutes straight, a couple times a day and usually the sensitivity goes away.

yerrag

in my opinion, the worst thing about the "peat diet" for teeth isn't the sugar, or coffee, or acidic Oj. It's the fact that in order to drink 2 quarts of Oj and 2 quarts of milk and possibly more coffee, it requires one to basically be eating/drinking something every hour throughout the day. because of that the natural saliva doesn't get time to coat the teeth. sometimes when i feel my teeth are a bit sensitive, i make a conscious effort to gather a large amount of saliva in my mouth and just swish it around for about 10-15minutes straight, a couple times a day and usually the sensitivity goes away.
Funny but I was just going through the process of correcting my habit of drinking too much water. I came to realize that even as I keep my supplements to a minimum, I was stilling downing a lot of water to be the solvent for taking in these supplements. I wasn't aware of this after say 3 years of Peating. No wonder I was urinating a lot. Last week, when I started to monitor my urination, I was urinating 12 times a day. I'm losing a lot of electrolytes this way.

What you're saying may be true as well, so once again we can fall into the trap of becoming unhealthy by trying to make ourselves healthy.

RealNeat

Is this from your experience? I can probably relate to the raw meat, not from experience though. I think it's because raw meat contains proteolytic enzymes, and these enzymes break down protein matter, which would otherwise have become food for bacteria, so while bacteria may not be directly killed, it is deprived of nutrients. Maybe this is why wild animals that eat raw meat don't have to brush their wipes nor floss nor waterpik, whatever meat gets stuck between teeth is simply broken down by the enzymes helped by saliva action.

I've always wanted to try eating raw meat or fish as part of my lifestyle but what's keeping me from doing it is my fear of not being able to source good meat, not knowing the source of meat. But recently I realized that it would be less of a concern if I would marinate the meat or fish in vinegar or lemon juice, as this is what's done with carpaccio and with ceviche. So I may incorporate a raw dish for dinner, which would be the last meal before bedtime.

If your calcium balance is good, then calcium won't leach out of teeth and your teeth erosion would not happen. Tooth enamel would protect the teeth more to keep it from being eroded by LPS and bacteria. I think sugar's effect on teeth is exaggerated. And who told us sugar is bad for the teeth? The ADA. And who also told us fluoride is good for teeth? ADA. And who told us mercury used in silver fillings is safe? The ADA. More tooth problem means more business for the ADA.

But sugar certainly will still feed bacteria. And with more bacteria there will be more endotoxins as bacteria do die and endotoxins are left in its wake. So the sugar causing plaque, mostly due to endotoxins, is true, and plaque causing dental problems -thru cavities and periodontal issues, that's true. But if you had less bacteria, and had less endotoxins, then sugar would not be causing dental problems.

But eating less would make you sick. Doesn't make sense what you're saying.

You have to keep your gut from becoming a breeding ground for too much bacteria, which will also produce a lot of endotoxins. Eating less of soluble fibers will lessen the unwanted growth of bacteria. Insoluble fibers are good though, as they absorb endotoxins and endotoxins are elimited through the fecal route. Eating raw carrots and cooked bamboo shoots help for their antibiotic effects. And when you sense your stools are pasty and watery and you tend to use a lot of toilet paper, occasional use of activated charcoal will absorb the bacteria and endotoxins causing your stools to be wet and pasty. The gut walls are supposed to absorb liquid back into the blood, but if the gut stew is filled with so much bacteria and endotoxins, the liquid will not be absorbed and this makes your stool wet and pasty.

Another thing that would help is having fats go into your colon. Fats kill bacteria. Problem is they get absorbed in the small intestine and not much is left to go to the colon. So I think eating grated coconut meat would be perfect. The coconut meat is insoluble, and gets to the colon. There would be leftover vco inside the grated coconut meat when it reaches the colon, and this oil will help destroy bacteria.

This is like a dog chasing its own tail. It's a waste of effort. Better to spend time on doing the things that matter. Meat is acidic, so you won't eat meat?

must be the enzymes still. And cheese also has calcium that puts you in the positive side of calcium balance and thus strengthens your skeletal structure, including the teeth.

Interesting. Any links on how to go about it? If it works, it'll save us a lot of trips to the dentist when a cavity develops. Problem is, when we detect a cavity, it's already when the bacteria has reached the nerve. Can you still not go to the dentist? Can the cavity be fixed still with no future harm the same way a dental filling would be able to do?

This is too much work. So every time I eat fruit I take baking soda?
Check this out some good info after the WAP fluff in the first half

Hgreen56

so sucrose (table sugar) is safe for teeth? -> because its neutral on ph scale.
I eat sometimes white sugar cubes but not sure this harming my teeth.

Last edited:

Lee Simeon

Safe filling/ cavity halting can me made from SDF or/and Eugenol plus Zinc. Kits are sold on amazon but a dentist preferably can do it for you.

Sugar doesn't do anything to teeth it's the bacteria that metabolize that sugar and provide acidifying byproducts. These bacteria can come from fecal matter when toothbrush is stored in the bathroom. Disinfect you're toothbrush or buy a new one and store in bedroom only.

miswak, a chew stick from the peelu tree is the single best way to get rid of plaque.

maintain Ph balance in the mouth by not mouth breathing, ever, unless extreme exertion. So tape your mouth if you have to.

follow Ellie Phillips xylitol advice for plentiful saliva flow if you can't seem to keep the mouth alkaline.

Address any digestive issues immediately as there is a shared fluid between teeth and body, similar to Lymph that actually permeates out of teeth and keeps them healthy.

sterilizing the mouth is a bandaid.

I'd use the Miswak as many times as you can throughout the day. It's much gentler on your enamel than abrasive toothpastes.

Hey, can you please send link to one of these eugenol/zinc kits? Have a hard time finding.

yerrag

Check this out some good info after the WAP fluff in the first half
Yes, it's still very WAP. I'm not getting they cover new ground as far as WAP goes but reinforcing his ideas helps. Thanks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals