Teeth Enamel Worn Out. Why? Remineralization Possible?

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

@TibRex I really enjoyed what you shared with us. I've heard about Diatomaceous Earth bur never tried it before. You are right also about magnesium. I think we lack of it, I try to get from food and also take bath in Epsom Salt, but after your post I might try Magnesium Chloride.
I wonder what Toothpaste with hydroxyapatite do you use? Most toothpastes contain glycerine and I am not sure about that.

I wonder what do you think about Dr.Ellie's protocol while you are against of xylitol. She recommends Xylitol to reduce plaque in mouth and alkalizes the mouth after meal. Chewing sugar-free gum also stimulate an increase in mineral-rich saliva.
I also avoid bicarbonate soda which is too abrasive and alkaline and hydrogen peroxide.

Here is a whole thread about her protocol.
This Is A Big Piece Of The Health Puzzle
I made a natural mouthwash with salt, soda and some essential oils (lavender) after eating to swish for couple minutes. So you think the net effect is negative from the soda?

TibRex

@TibRex I really enjoyed what you shared with us. I've heard about Diatomaceous Earth bur never tried it before. You are right also about magnesium. I think we lack of it, I try to get from food and also take bath in Epsom Salt, but after your post I might try Magnesium Chloride.
I wonder what Toothpaste with hydroxyapatite do you use? Most toothpastes contain glycerine and I am not sure about that.

I wonder what do you think about Dr.Ellie's protocol while you are against of xylitol. She recommends Xylitol to reduce plaque in mouth and alkalizes the mouth after meal. Chewing sugar-free gum also stimulate an increase in mineral-rich saliva.
I also avoid bicarbonate soda which is too abrasive and alkaline and hydrogen peroxide.

Here is a whole thread about her protocol.
This Is A Big Piece Of The Health Puzzle

Thanks Vera for feedback. I had no idea that there was a Vera reading my posts!

Re DE - I have kind of stopped using it regularly. Once a while, I would put some on top of the toothpaste and give the teeth a good scrub. I don't recommend doing this on a daily basis though. The Hydroxyapatite {HA} toothpaste I use, called Oradex, unfortunately contains fluoride but this is the only toothpaste containing HA that I can get locally. No, it doesn't contain glycerine. Oh, I wrote to the company just last week to interest them in producing a new Oradex sans fluoride. Hopefully, I'll live long enough to see them manufacturing one. As for oral intake of Mag. chloride, I am very pleased with the results. I could feel an immediate wow feeling of systemic well being. I have also added potassium bicarbonate to the mix [oral intake of the trio = sod. bicarb + pot. bicarb + mag chloride] and immediately noticed the positive impact they have on the teeth. The enhanced hardness and strength of the teeth are surprisingly palpable during brushing.

I also bought some 600-mg Pot. chloride tabs but am wary of them after reading an FDA report that high dosages can cause an upper-intestinal health issue [can't remember exactly what the technical term is but will try and trace that toxicity fact file soon]. No, I am not against xylitol - quite the reverse in fact. Unfortunately, the ones sold locally are Korean imports and they contain sorbitol and other undesirables. The Indian brand called Dabur carries a toothpaste containing lemon + baking soda. I use it once in a while to get rid of coffee/tea stains. Hydrogen peroxide is a no-no as I read that it can damage the dental pulp tissue - you can read it here :
https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/hydrogen-peroxide-mouthwash-harmful-teeth

Good news in that I've found oral supplements containing HA/MCHA, and I intend to get some in the near future. When complexed with co-factors like boron, Vit D, Silicon, Phosphorus, Manganese, Copper, Zinc and K2-Mk7, I think they do make for a super oral supplement. Check them out at these links:

[1] MRM, Nutrition, Bone Maximizer III with MCHA, 150 Capsules
[2] Jarrow Formulas, Ultra Bone-Up, 120 Tablets

The following might interest you :
[3] 4 Scientifically Proven Remedies for Gum Disease
[4] Search Earth Clinic

Last edited:

Inaut

anybody have any experience with glyco-thymoline? Looks like a good mouth wash

Glyco-Thymoline is an alkaline cleansing solution primarily used as a mouthwash and gargle. GlycoThymoline can be used as a spray, rinse or gargle, diluted or full strength, as often as desired. GlycoThymoline is used as part of an oral hygiene program or also for personal hygiene as it gives a refreshing clean feeling and is gentle enough to use on baby's skin. Glycothymoline's natural ingredients include Eucalyptol, Menthol, Pine Oil, Thymol, Alcohol 4%, Glycerin and other ingredients. Glyco-Thymoline is the original unique natural formula. Original exact formulation from the Edgar Cayce Readings. Glycothymoline is supplied in a 16 oz bottle and is available from Baar Products, Inc . Their telephone number is 610-873-4591 and they are located in Downingtown, PA USA. Oral Hygiene: Use Glycothymoline as a spray, rinse or gargle, diluted or full strength, as often as needed. Teeth: Use one part Glycothymoline with 2 parts water (full strength if desired) for cleansing between teeth with swishing solution. False Teeth or Partial Dentures: Use as mouthwash, one part Glycothymoline with 2 parts water to cleanse mouth after removal of dentures for a refreshing, clean feeling. Brush or soak dentures in equal parts of Glycothymoline and water for a refreshing taste. Morning After Mouth: Equal parts of Glycothymoline and water (full strength if desired) used as a rinse or gargle helps to give you clean, fresh breath. Personal Hygiene: Use equal parts of Glycothymoline and water, to cleanse anal - genital external areas. Apply with soft cloth. Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, SD Alcohol 37 (4%), sodium Borate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Carmine, Sodium Salicylate, Eucalyptol, Menthol, Pine Oil, Thymol, Methyl Salicylate.

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

Thanks Vera for feedback. I had no idea that there was a Vera reading my posts!

Re DE - I have kind of stopped using it regularly. Once a while, I would put some on top of the toothpaste and give the teeth a good scrub. I don't recommend doing this on a daily basis though. The Hydroxyapatite {HA} toothpaste I use, called Oradex, unfortunately contains fluoride but this is the only toothpaste containing HA that I can get locally. No, it doesn't contain glycerine. Oh, I wrote to the company just last week to interest them in producing a new Oradex sans fluoride. Hopefully, I'll live long enough to see them manufacturing one. As for oral intake of Mag. chloride, I am very pleased with the results. I could feel an immediate wow feeling of systemic well being. I have also added potassium bicarbonate to the mix [oral intake of the trio = sod. bicarb + pot. bicarb + mag chloride] and immediately noticed the positive impact they have on the teeth. The enhanced hardness and strength of the teeth are surprisingly palpable during brushing.

I also bought some 600-mg Pot. chloride tabs but am wary of them after reading an FDA report that high dosages can cause an upper-intestinal health issue [can't remember exactly what the technical term is but will try and trace that toxicity fact file soon]. No, I am not against xylitol - quite the reverse in fact. Unfortunately, the ones sold locally are Korean imports and they contain sorbitol and other undesirables. The Indian brand called Dabur carries a toothpaste containing lemon + baking soda. I use it once in a while to get rid of coffee/tea stains. Hydrogen peroxide is a no-no as I read that it can damage the dental pulp tissue - you can read it here :
https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/hydrogen-peroxide-mouthwash-harmful-teeth

Good news in that I've found oral supplements containing HA/MCHA, and I intend to get some in the near future. When complexed with co-factors like boron, Vit D, Silicon, Phosphorus, Manganese, Copper, Zinc and K2-Mk7, I think they do make for a super oral supplement. Check them out at these links:

[1] MRM, Nutrition, Bone Maximizer III with MCHA, 150 Capsules
[2] Jarrow Formulas, Ultra Bone-Up, 120 Tablets

The following might interest you :
[3] 4 Scientifically Proven Remedies for Gum Disease
[4] Search Earth Clinic
Well they also say fluoride topically can be really helpful to recover damaged enamel, other than that toxic. I bought some also 2 decent toothpastes with hydroxyapatite, 1 with fluoride and 1 without , will see how it turns out.

Is there any difference between calcium hydroxyapatite vs MCHA?

For that sod bicarb + pot. bicarb + mag chloride - do you just swish in the mouth or consume with food / drinks? How do you prepare it , what ratios and how do you consume it (if you do) ?

TibRex

Well they also say fluoride topically can be really helpful to recover damaged enamel, other than that toxic. I bought some also 2 decent toothpastes with hydroxyapatite, 1 with fluoride and 1 without , will see how it turns out.

Is there any difference between calcium hydroxyapatite vs MCHA?

For that sod bicarb + pot. bicarb + mag chloride - do you just swish in the mouth or consume with food / drinks? How do you prepare it , what ratios and how do you consume it (if you do) ?

I read that calcium fluoride is much less toxic than sodium fluoride, so I guess it helps if one reads the labels on the toothpaste carefully. Many dentists I know are insistent that fluoride helps. Though the quantity one typically finds in toothpaste may be insignificant, still, the daily exposure to it in brushing may add up considerably over time. By the way, the common tea one drinks contain fluoride as well!

Did you say topically applied? I won't touch it, if I were you. I remember hearing from a lab tech that he won't touch it with a ten foot pole as he has been warned of its health hazard properties. The strong feeling I had from testing out the oral intake of magnesium and potassium is that I had high systemic acidity hence the dental issues. So the oral supplementation of these vital m i n e r a l s help to address that much more effectively than just topical applications via quality toothpaste. The latter amounts to treating the symptoms rather than the basic underlying causes. Yes, one can swoosh the saliva around in the mouth after ingesting foods/drinks low in pH, but then one's saliva may, in the first place, be already low in pH due to systemic low pH. As said earlier, I am now also experiencing non-dental benefits too - the finger joint pains are decreasing appreciably, thanks to an increase in pH from mineral supplementation.

As for the trio combo 'formula' which I take first thing in the morning, and do the same later in afternoon or evening. I would mix into a mugful of water the following :

0.5 tsp of sod. bicarb
0.25 tsp of pot. bicarb
2 tbsp of liquid mag chloride [prepared from 30 g of mag chloride + one liter of water]

Nothing sacrosanct about the quantity of each component. I use my gut instinct to test it out bearing in mind that individual differences do exist. I may even experiment with adding DE to the above 'formula' to see if it does anything.

Sorry, beyond relativity in size, I'm unable to tell you more re differences between calcium hydroxyapatite & MCHA,

Last edited:

TibRex

anybody have any experience with glyco-thymoline? Looks like a good mouth wash

Glyco-Thymoline is an alkaline cleansing solution primarily used as a mouthwash and gargle. GlycoThymoline can be used as a spray, rinse or gargle, diluted or full strength, as often as desired. GlycoThymoline is used as part of an oral hygiene program or also for personal hygiene as it gives a refreshing clean feeling and is gentle enough to use on baby's skin. Glycothymoline's natural ingredients include Eucalyptol, Menthol, Pine Oil, Thymol, Alcohol 4%, Glycerin and other ingredients. Glyco-Thymoline is the original unique natural formula. Original exact formulation from the Edgar Cayce Readings. Glycothymoline is supplied in a 16 oz bottle and is available from Baar Products, Inc . Their telephone number is 610-873-4591 and they are located in Downingtown, PA USA. Oral Hygiene: Use Glycothymoline as a spray, rinse or gargle, diluted or full strength, as often as needed. Teeth: Use one part Glycothymoline with 2 parts water (full strength if desired) for cleansing between teeth with swishing solution. False Teeth or Partial Dentures: Use as mouthwash, one part Glycothymoline with 2 parts water to cleanse mouth after removal of dentures for a refreshing, clean feeling. Brush or soak dentures in equal parts of Glycothymoline and water for a refreshing taste. Morning After Mouth: Equal parts of Glycothymoline and water (full strength if desired) used as a rinse or gargle helps to give you clean, fresh breath. Personal Hygiene: Use equal parts of Glycothymoline and water, to cleanse anal - genital external areas. Apply with soft cloth. Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, SD Alcohol 37 (4%), sodium Borate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Carmine, Sodium Salicylate, Eucalyptol, Menthol, Pine Oil, Thymol, Methyl Salicylate.

Thanks for the interesting input. I have never heard of Glyco-Thymoline {GT}, so am all ears as to what it can do. I ran a check on my regular vendors and came up with nothing, except for eBay which I found amusing as the first half of the entries are just {empty} GT bottles, which I presume to be collectors/collectible items and they do sell quite a bit too. So there is this sense of history of use, of going back to the good o' days ...{ OMW, it says "family owned since 1894" on one bottle}. Whew, one empty bottle sells for USD 99.99! {glyco-thymoline | eBay} Reminds me of my own interest in collecting pretty empty wine bottles when I was in my 20s. Really, from E. Cayce's readings, you say?! I've used two products based on Cayce's formulation - Atomidine and Pine Tar shampoo. His comments on that Roman soldier, Polyneius, who Jesus spoke to in his lifetime, gave me goosebumps, when I stumbled on his channeled stuff. This was after hearing what my doubly-psychic, past-life mother told me right in the basilica of St Thomas in Chennai, India - that P was my earlier incarnation way back then.

Anyway, the chemical contents of GT looks OK though I am not so keen on Sod. benzoate. Still, I like to give everything a try at least once but where I am in Asia, I know that it's like finding a needle in a haystack. In situations like this, I have learned to let it be. If the body needs it, sooner or later, it will look for me instead. This has happened a few times before, and one does get a lovely surprise when it suddenly appears out of nowhere and when one least expects it. A case in point is that legendary New Guinea "Buah Merah" {Pandanus conoideus - see the attached file for the pics } which I can now order locally at last. The problem with ordering from eBay is that the shipping costs are often prohibitive. The shipping for the GT product priced at USD 21.99 is USD 44.50!!

Attachments

• Glyco Thymoline + Buah Merah.pdf
    380.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Vera

I made a natural mouthwash with salt, soda and some essential oils (lavender) after eating to swish for couple minutes. So you think the net effect is negative from the soda?

I do not recommend bicarbonate of soda if you already have problem with your enamel, better rinse with water and sea salt.

Vera

@TibRex

Yes, I do read your post! Thank you for your reply. Would love to see what is your diet?

I am not sure about using b.soda as I heard that is too abrasive and too alkaline for your teeth.
I have heard also that theobromine is good for teeth.

Effectiveness of Theobromine on Enamel Remineralization: A Comparative In-vitro Study
https://theodentoralcare.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/theodent_pdfs/17_insight_ct1204.pdf

Cocoa extract, however I found only with glycerine.
Scientists say cocoa can cut tooth decay

I eat daily 70% chocolate, and also get magnesium from it, and some people from here had a good effect drinking chocolate milk.

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

I read that calcium fluoride is much less toxic than sodium fluoride, so I guess it helps if one reads the labels on the toothpaste carefully. Many dentists I know are insistent that fluoride helps. Though the quantity one typically finds in toothpaste may be insignificant, still, the daily exposure to it in brushing may add up considerably over time. By the way, the common tea one drinks contain fluoride as well!

Did you say topically applied? I won't touch it, if I were you. I remember hearing from a lab tech that he won't touch it with a ten foot pole as he has been warned of its health hazard properties. The strong feeling I had from testing out the oral intake of magnesium and potassium is that I had high systemic acidity hence the dental issues. So the oral supplementation of these vital m i n e r a l s help to address that much more effectively than just topical applications via quality toothpaste. The latter amounts to treating the symptoms rather than the basic underlying causes. Yes, one can swoosh the saliva around in the mouth after ingesting foods/drinks low in pH, but then one's saliva may, in the first place, be already low in pH due to systemic low pH. As said earlier, I am now also experiencing non-dental benefits too - the finger joint pains are decreasing appreciably, thanks to an increase in pH from mineral supplementation.

As for the trio combo 'formula' which I take first thing in the morning, and do the same later in afternoon or evening. I would mix into a mugful of water the following :

0.5 tsp of sod. bicarb
0.25 tsp of pot. bicarb
2 tbsp of liquid mag chloride [prepared from 30 g of mag chloride + one liter of water]

Nothing sacrosanct about the quantity of each component. I use my gut instinct to test it out bearing in mind that individual differences do exist. I may even experiment with adding DE to the above 'formula' to see if it does anything.

Sorry, beyond relativity in size, I'm unable to tell you more re differences between calcium hydroxyapatite & MCHA,
Thank you very much for the answer. I guess I need to evaluate the acidity of my body, as you said that could be the root cause for the dental issues and lost / non-regenerating enamel. Will try eating more mineral rich, perhaps supplement with trace minerals and make that trio electrolyte formula that you suggested and consume it, guess 2-3 times a day would be enough. What do you think of other means for raising pH of body - e.g. increasing fruits/veggies, lowering the acidic foods & etc - or do you think just consuming the formula would be enough? ;)
By the way now just rememebered - when you said about topically working that masks only symptoms - which I agree with, but in my case the enamel is seriously damaged. Like, just take today, I was not eating highly acidic foods for a week or so, today finished my 36 hour fasting and broke it with grapefruit & 3 oranges, grape juice & coconut milk & honey. And after this meal my teeth were hurting. It's that bad. I get pain from more acidic fruits, veggies, It pains even to eat honey alone - don't know why ?
So that's why I was thinking about the topical things, because it seems to be really in a very bad state. I must do everything I can.

baccheion

Thank you very much for the answer. I guess I need to evaluate the acidity of my body, as you said that could be the root cause for the dental issues and lost / non-regenerating enamel. Will try eating more mineral rich, perhaps supplement with trace minerals and make that trio electrolyte formula that you suggested and consume it, guess 2-3 times a day would be enough. What do you think of other means for raising pH of body - e.g. increasing fruits/veggies, lowering the acidic foods & etc - or do you think just consuming the formula would be enough? ;)
By the way now just rememebered - when you said about topically working that masks only symptoms - which I agree with, but in my case the enamel is seriously damaged. Like, just take today, I was not eating highly acidic foods for a week or so, today finished my 36 hour fasting and broke it with grapefruit & 3 oranges, grape juice & coconut milk & honey. And after this meal my teeth were hurting. It's that bad. I get pain from more acidic fruits, veggies, It pains even to eat honey alone - don't know why ?
So that's why I was thinking about the topical things, because it seems to be really in a very bad state. I must do everything I can.
What's the PRAL score associated with your diet? Any vitamin K2 to block bone loss associated with PTH? More calcium than phosphorus? At least half as much magnesium?

Manganese, resveratrol, lowered IGF-1, testosterone, etc may be associated with greater GSK3B activity. Zinc, potassium, forskolin, progesterone, melatonin, etc with less.

Some say a grape fast healed their small cavities. Grapes blended out (after soaking.. in baking soda?.. to remove pesticides). At least 50 grams glucose every 4 hours keeps the hormones producing. May end up at 3000 calories from grapes even.

A grape fast could work if the mouth were sterilized ahead of time. That is, good stores of vitamin K2 MK-4 and a rinse for 2 minutes with a few drops Lugol's iodine diluted in 1/4 cup water. They say the lower bacteria count lasts days or weeks. Sterilization is relevant, as there wouldn't be any brushing during that time. The coating formed improves odds of outside in healing. Rinse mouth with water after pulsed feedings.

Some say the same about 100% grass-fed organic raw milk (+ vitamin K2).

Kray

"For anyone doubting Tony.. What Causes Tooth Decay? (And How Can We Stop it?) Dr. Steinman discovered that our teeth are alive. Contrary to the popular cultural belief that is teeth are like small rocks, the fact is that our teeth have a flow of fluid through them called dentinal fluid flow. The dentin is the layer of tissue in each of our teeth just between the hard outer enamel surface and the soft tooth pulp. Dr. Steinman discovered that this dentinal fluid flow is part of our blood circulation that occurs into and out of each of our teeth. Dr. Steinman discovered that when the dentinal fluid flow is flowing from inside the tooth out, the teeth are very resistant to decay. However, when the fluid flow isn’t flowing from inside out and in fact reverses and flows from the surface of the tooth to the inner portion of each tooth, decay sets in very quickly. If you think about what we generally recognize in our culture as the ‘cause’ of tooth decay, being the bad bugs in our mouths, if the dentinal fluid is flowing the healthy way, this flow keeps the bad bugs from being able to decay the teeth, the flow literally washes them out of the teeth. It’s like they have to swim upstream to get into the teeth. If on the other hand, the dentinal fluid flow reverses, then it’s like the bad bugs get free pass on the highway right into our teeth! Dr. Steinman found that dentinal fluid flow is controlled by the parotid gland, which is part of our salivary system and is located in the region behind our lower jaw. Then he discovered that the parotid gland is controlled by the part of our brain called the hypothalamus. We’ll call this system of the relationship between dentinal fluid flow, the parotid gland, and the hypothalamus simply dentinal fluid flow for the sake of simplicity. Then he said, “I wonder what causes the parotid gland to promote the proper flow of dentinal fluid and what causes the flow to go the wrong way to promote decay?” Dr. Steinman then went about discovering what factors cause the dentinal fluid to flow the health giving way as well as what causes the dentinal fluid to flow in the way that promotes decay. The real cause of tooth decay… What Dr. Steinman found is what causes the dentinal fluid to flow one way or the other was the balance of mineral phosphorus in the blood! Next to calcium, phosphorus is the most abundant mineral in the body. These 2 important nutrients work closely together to build strong bones and teeth. About 85% of the body's phosphorus is in bones and teeth. Phosphorous is also present in smaller amounts in cells and tissues throughout the body. What causes low blood phosphorus? Dr. Huggins explained it to us that phosphorus balance is impacted by several other factors in a teeter-totter fashion. Simply put, if we have phosphorus on one side of the balance, you’ll see we have some heavy hitters on the other side, including calcium, glucose, triglycerides and cholesterol. So, when any of these factors goes up, phosphorus goes down. With this, you can see that it’s not as simple as taking more phosphorus supplements. It’s all about bio-available minerals and fat-soluble vitamins… Dr. Price was a dentist in the 1930s in the US who decided to travel the world to study people living in isolated areas who were still eating their traditional foods. In other words, they weren’t living on the ‘foods of commerce’ as Dr. Price referred to them. Despite very different diets across the world, Dr. Price did find common threads through the traditional foods the various cultures ate around the world. One of the common threads he found was that the traditional peoples consumed 4 times the minerals as Americans in the 1930s and 10 times the fat soluble vitamins! Mind you, this was well before the low-fat propaganda blitz hit the US. Given this information, it does make sense that we dearly require more minerals in our diets and WAY more healthy fats than most people in our culture consume regularly. All living things require phosphorus... One important function of phosphate groups of organic molecules within living organisms is energy storage. Adenosine triphosphate, or ATP, is an example. ATP, the "energy currency" of cells is used to transfer stored chemical energy from one molecule to another to perform work. The energy is stored in the phosphate portion of the molecule. The energy we derive from food, for example, is stored in the form of ATP. Phosphorus is also required for the formation of phospholipids of cells. Phospholipids are the major component of cell membranes. Also, phosphate groups activate and deactivate enzymes within cells that catalyze major chemical reactions. Phosphate is a mineral salt component of bones and teeth in vertebrate animals. In addition, phosphate is an important structural component of DNA itself. So, recycling of limited phosphorus is vital. Naturally Regenerate Your Teeth! Tony Pantalleresco... Tony shows you how to regenerate your teeth using only 2 teaspoons of TriSodium Phosphate (TSP), 6 tablespoons of Baking Soda and 16-24oz of distilled water. Mix together and shake! Links: https://www.orawellness.com/why-do-teeth-decay/ https://www.orawellness.com/what-to-eat-to-support-greater-oral-health/ https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/abcs-of-nutrition/on-the-trail-of-the-elusive-x-factor-a-sixty-two-year-old-mystery-finally-solved/ http://science.jrank.org/pages/5143/Phosphorus-Cycle-Phosphorus-functions-recycling.html"
from a Lil L

@Mary Lyn: I'm a little confused on the video instructions, since Tony gave recipe using a 24-oz bottle, but in the end used a 16-oz bottle. If I have a 16-oz bottle for use, would you please clarify how much TSP and baking soda to use with 16oz water? Is it necessary for the water to be distilled?

Thank you, hope to hear back soon as I'm quite excited to try this. Just had a surprise 2-cavity visit to my dentist! I haven't had any in years. I'm hoping, even if drilling is inevitable, I have some time to buy before my appt in 1 month, to try this recipe. I also had some areas of demineralization (soon-to-be cavities) that they are watching. I'm eager to try this!

TibRex

@TibRex

Yes, I do read your post! Thank you for your reply. Would love to see what is your diet?

I am not sure about using b.soda as I heard that is too abrasive and too alkaline for your teeth.
I have heard also that theobromine is good for teeth.

Effectiveness of Theobromine on Enamel Remineralization: A Comparative In-vitro Study
https://theodentoralcare.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/theodent_pdfs/17_insight_ct1204.pdf

Cocoa extract, however I found only with glycerine.
Scientists say cocoa can cut tooth decay

I eat daily 70% chocolate, and also get magnesium from it, and some people from here had a good effect drinking chocolate milk.

Thanks for the post, Vera. Oh, I love chocs too but I have to go easy on that as it contains very high phytic acid like many others: sesame, almond, walnut, brown rice, lentil and pulses, rye, soy, Living With Phytic Acid - The Weston A. Price Foundation

Yes, choc contains lots of theobromine, hence the term "theobromine or choc. poisoning." Goes to show how clashing mother nature can be (negative phytic acid + positive theobromine together). What a tough world we live in.

I normally ingest (1/2 tsp of s. bicarb) + (1/4 tsp black salt) + (1 tbsp mag. chloride) + (1/8 tbsp of pot bicarb) in a mugful of water. Oh, I've reduced the dosage of each of these ingredients since I last posted them for @Doludolu in an earlier post. I've also shifted the ingestion time to 2 hrs after food intake as I find that it causes stomach upset, if taken on an empty stomach. I didn't realize how powerful mag chloride and pot bicarb are in impacting the body. When I was clipping my nails just yesterday, I was astonished at how difficult it was to do that. The finger nails have all of a sudden grown unusually hard and strong, thanks to the two said minerals.

However, I'll have to now also drink cabbage juice religiously as I've read some online reports that it can chelate excessive iron from the body. Much better than doing phlebotomy, for sure. I started doing that vege therapy two days ago. I thought the purple variety would taste more palatable but no, it was just as bland too. So I decided this morning to add one pear to the food processor and yes, it tasted fine. Will experiment with apple and pineapple next time round. Hopefully, in a month or two, the finger joint pain will have vamoosed for good.

No, I don't rinse with sod. bicarb, if that was impression you had. Anyway, it's not abrasive at all. DE is more or less similar. I have a tube of Dabur toothpaste that contains both lemon and sod. bicarb. I use it only once in a while and find it rather mild, in fact. I've just read the OraWellness article the link of which was posted by @johnwester130 at What's the Safest and Most Effective Abrasive for Naturally Whiter Teeth? | OraWellness

Note the abrasivity index of baking soda/sod bicarb referred to in the extract below. Using sod. bicarb is quite acceptable and harmless, in fact, considering that the enamel is not dead but alive as it is being continually replaced naturally by the body from what I read elsewhere in the literature. The following extract is from the article at OraWell website :

"The dental industry and FDA use a term called Relative Dentin Abrasivity (RDA) to score how ‘rough’ an ingredient is on our teeth. These abrasivity scores range from 0 to 269 with zero being no abrasivity and 269 as something you could use in place of sandpaper :).

Incidentally, the reason we’re Ok with using baking soda in our oral hygiene habits is because
baking soda has an RDA of 7. On the other end of the RDA scale, you’ll find some commercial ‘whitening’ products with scores as high as 200 (yikes). (Here’s a full list if you want to take a deeper dive on Relative Dentin Abrasivity values)."

I eat 2x a day, sometime 1.5, and mostly vegetarian. No red meat.

Last edited:

TibRex

@Mary Lyn: I'm a little confused on the video instructions, since Tony gave recipe using a 24-oz bottle, but in the end used a 16-oz bottle. If I have a 16-oz bottle for use, would you please clarify how much TSP and baking soda to use with 16oz water? Is it necessary for the water to be distilled?

Thank you, hope to hear back soon as I'm quite excited to try this. Just had a surprise 2-cavity visit to my dentist! I haven't had any in years. I'm hoping, even if drilling is inevitable, I have some time to buy before my appt in 1 month, to try this recipe. I also had some areas of demineralization (soon-to-be cavities) that they are watching. I'm eager to try this!

Hi Kray, you could take the mean figure instead, that is 16 US fluid oz + 24 US fluid oz = 40, and halving this figure will yield 20 fluid oz or about 590.5 ml.

Vera

Thanks for the post, Vera. Oh, I love chocs too but I have to go easy on that as it contains very high phytic acid like many others: sesame, almond, walnut, brown rice, lentil and pulses, rye, soy, Living With Phytic Acid - The Weston A. Price Foundation

Yes, choc contains lots of theobromine, hence the term "theobromine or choc. poisoning." Goes to show how clashing mother nature can be (negative phytic acid + positive theobromine together). What a tough world we live in.

I normally ingest (1/2 tsp of s. bicarb) + (1/4 tsp black salt) + (1 tbsp mag. chloride) + (1/8 tbsp of pot bicarb) in a mugful of water. Oh, I've reduced the dosage of each of these ingredients since I last posted them for @Doludolu in an earlier post. I've also shifted the ingestion time to 2 hrs after food intake as I find that it causes stomach upset, if taken on an empty stomach. I didn't realize how powerful mag chloride and pot bicarb are in impacting the body. When I was clipping my nails just yesterday, I was astonished at how difficult it was to do that. The finger nails have all of a sudden grown unusually hard and strong, thanks to the two said minerals.

However, I'll have to now also drink cabbage juice religiously as I've read some online reports that it can chelate excessive iron from the body. Much better than doing phlebotomy, for sure. I started doing that vege therapy two days ago. I thought the purple variety would taste more palatable but no, it was just as bland too. So I decided this morning to add one pear to the food processor and yes, it tasted fine. Will experiment with apple and pineapple next time round. Hopefully, in a month or two, the finger joint pain will have vamoosed for good.

No, I don't rinse with sod. bicarb, if that was impression you had. Anyway, it's not abrasive at all. DE is more or less similar. I have a tube of Dabur toothpaste that contains both lemon and sod. bicarb. I use it only once in a while and find it rather mild, in fact. I've just read the OraWellness article the link of which was posted by @johnwester130 at What's the Safest and Most Effective Abrasive for Naturally Whiter Teeth? | OraWellness

Note the abrasivity index of baking soda/sod bicarb referred to in the extract below. Using sod. bicarb is quite acceptable and harmless, in fact, considering that the enamel is not dead but alive as it is being continually replaced naturally by the body from what I read elsewhere in the literature. The following extract is from the article at OraWell website :

"The dental industry and FDA use a term called Relative Dentin Abrasivity (RDA) to score how ‘rough’ an ingredient is on our teeth. These abrasivity scores range from 0 to 269 with zero being no abrasivity and 269 as something you could use in place of sandpaper :).

Incidentally, the reason we’re Ok with using baking soda in our oral hygiene habits is because
baking soda has an RDA of 7. On the other end of the RDA scale, you’ll find some commercial ‘whitening’ products with scores as high as 200 (yikes). (Here’s a full list if you want to take a deeper dive on Relative Dentin Abrasivity values)."

I eat 2x a day, sometime 1.5, and mostly vegetarian. No red meat.

Thank you for your reply.
I only mentioned bicarbonate of soda because I know few people who were using it and they had a problem with their enamel.
If you take magnesium chloride as your source of magnesium, then chocolate is not needed for you I guess :)

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

@Doludolu

What is your diet now? If you could share?
I am also avoiding sugary/acidic fruits/vegetables.
good quality meat, white fish, ocassionaly, eggs, just recently got access to RAW goat milk & curd (previously was consujming pasteurized organic goats&sheeps feta cheese), coconut oil, carrots, mushrooms, other veggies like zucchini, avocado, pumpkin, sauerkraut, tomatoes, kohlrabi, olive oil, various fresh & dried fruits, almond / cashew / hazelnut butter (lowest pufa + always consume with vitamin E to prevent low amount pufa damage), ocassional tahini, heirloom grains (no gluten, e.g. buckwheat, sorghum, oats, lentils), potatoes, rice, trying to avoid acidic though but still sometimes can't resist kiwi :D all other fruits, honey and more. It still has to improve, but quite bioenergetic I'd say.. What do you & others think?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals