Calcium hydroxide remineralizing rinse?

HealthPete

Hello,
I was reading how teeth normally get remineralized from calcium hydroxide an phosphate ions in the saliva bonding to the teeth.
I read about using tsp ( trisodium phosphate) mixed wity baking soda ( to make it alkaline) in water to rinse the mouth with. It is supposed to provide the phosphate and proper alkalinity for the tooth remineralization process. There are videos about it on youtube.
So I bought some TSP online and have been rinsing my mouth with it.

So the phoshate ions are there, but I guess you just have to hope there as enough calcium ions in yor saliva to make it work.

I read somewhere online that calcium hydroxide is the form of calcium that in the saliva that bonds to teeth. Well I had that sitting in my shed! Calcium hydroxide is hydrated lime people use onbrhe soil for gardening to make the soil more alkaline)

So Instead of using baking soda ( sodium bicarbonate ), I used hydrated lime .
To high concentration can burn the mouth, so you must be careful. I just used 1 tsp of lime and 1 tsp of TSP per quart if water. I just started doing it a coupke days ago. Im also using k2 drops ( kuinone).

Does anyone know enough biochemistry to say if this makes sense to do? I know calcium hydroxide is very reactive ( its a strong base) so I was a little worried that it could possibly react with the TSP and form a new chemical, but I do not think those 2 can react together. It does not seem like any reaction took place.

(This is an aside:
In south america, peole chew coco leaves with hydrated lime added. I wonder if anyone has done a study on their teeth?)

Pete

gallahad

Hello Pete,
why dont u try ending every meal with a tiny amount of cheese. No headache with mixing up chemicals.
Just eat enough calcium in general and let the cheese be your alkalizing "agent" to stop the acidity from your previous meal.
Hope this makes (common)sense to you..

OP
H

HealthPete

Hello Pete,
why dont u try ending every meal with a tiny amount of cheese. No headache with mixing up chemicals.
Just eat enough calcium in general and let the cheese be your alkalizing "agent" to stop the acidity from your previous meal.
Hope this makes (common)sense to you..
Hello Gallahad,
Well cheese has an acid ph . The chemical lactic acid in cheese is produced by microrganisms during the cheese making process. An acid ph will not help remineraling teeth from what I understand. You need calcium hydroxide ions (basic ph) and phosphorus ions in the saliva to remineralize teeth. Its all about chemicals man.

michael94

I would feel safer with the residual amounts in naturally made tortillas. I do know that Calcium hydroxide was indeed used as root canal and cavity filler material, but I have had good experience with some plain tortillas during times of tooth sensitivity

OP
H

HealthPete

I would feel safer with the residual amounts in naturally made tortillas. I do know that Calcium hydroxide was indeed used as root canal and cavity filler material, but I have had good experience with some plain tortillas during times of tooth sensitivity
Thanks for sharing. That makes sense. They add lime ( calcium hydroxide) to the corn when its cooked and it makes the outer corn seen hulls to separate.

I have been swishing with this lime/ trisodium phosphate solution for about a month. I think its working. I actually feel a very slight coating being left on my teeth after swishing with it. I don't know if that means calcium and phosphorus ions are being deposited and crystalizing or not. I had a really thorough teeth cleaning and evaluation before I started this and will have another in december. The dentist was the " anal " kind who checks every single tooth with a metal scraper and the made notes for each one! :) I am hoping he can see a big difference in december. I will report back here then.

michael94

Thanks for sharing. That makes sense. They add lime ( calcium hydroxide) to the corn when its cooked and it makes the outer corn seen hulls to separate.

I have been swishing with this lime/ trisodium phosphate solution for about a month. I think its working. I actually feel a very slight coating being left on my teeth after swishing with it. I don't know if that means calcium and phosphorus ions are being deposited and crystalizing or not. I had a really thorough teeth cleaning and evaluation before I started this and will have another in december. The dentist was the " anal " kind who checks every single tooth with a metal scraper and the made notes for each one! :) I am hoping he can see a big difference in december. I will report back here then.
those dentists sure love those pointy tools don't they? Best of luck with your regimen

:M :B.

I just used TSP to clean all of the millwork in my house before repainting. The stuff cleans and cuts grease/oils better than anything i have ever used. They sell TSP crystals at the paint store. I think Ray mentioned in one of his newsletters about meat that it is used to cause swelling in meat so it can suck up the moister that is lost during the butchering process. Seems like it would be inflammatory to use in your mouth. Curious how this worked out for healthpete.

Mazzle

I just wanted to add to this. Calcium hydroxide is used to preserve raw eggs. Must be freshly laid and unwashed (bloom intact) The lime fills in the gaps and pores of the shell and preserves the eggs for a long time - up to two years i think. Maybe longer. Like the op I also think lime could be useful. Would be interested to hear an update.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals