Calcium Carbonate for toothpaste

B

BRBsavinWorld

I’ve begun using plain calcium carbonate as a toothpaste/mouthwash.

My teeth are whiter, and plaque washes off pretty well. The bigger test seems to be the fungal overgrowth on the tongue. So far, it works as well as the best protocols I’ve used; it may be better — time will tell.

I’m a big fan of Dr Ellie Phillips’ oral care routine. I just don’t like the toxic additives in the products she recommends. Also, I react poorly to xylitol!

My protocol is to first drink all the oj I think I’ll want for the next 30 minutes, lol.
Then put about a 1/3 teaspoon in the mouth with a drop of water, swish around a minute minimum, then scoop another 1/3 tsp onto a toothbrush from my hand, and lightly brush very thoroughly for 3 minutes minimum, then repeat the first step. I try and leave it sitting as long as I can, until I need to eat/drink again (It can make the throat itchy and thirsty, so I’ll try to waterfall a little water strait past the teeth).

LadyRae

Hi! I just started using this toothpaste a few days ago because I wanted to try something without glycerin. There is speculation that glycerin coats the teeth and doesn't allow remineralization. I already have to be careful to avoid any toothpaste with sodium laureth sulfate, as it makes my lips really peely.

Coral White - Coral White Mint Toothpaste Natural Fluoride SLS Free Coral Calcium Remineralizing Toothpaste (1 Pack) https://a.co/d/5eyXHtb

This toothpaste is a calcium carbonate product.

Last edited:

DeadCatBounce

Hi! I just started using this toothpaste a few days ago because I wanted to try something without glycerin. There is speculation that glycerin coats the teeth and doesn't allow remineralization. I already have to be careful to avoid any toothpaste with sodium laureth sulfate, as it makes my lips really peely.

Coral White - Coral White Mint Toothpaste Natural Fluoride SLS Free Coral Calcium Remineralizing Toothpaste (1 Pack) https://a.co/d/5eyXHtb

This toothpaste is a calcium carbonate product.
If Glycerin was bad for teeth, vaping must be totally awful as it is 50+% Glycerin vapor non stop in the mouth. Vaping for 10+years without any teeth issues.

LadyRae

If Glycerin was bad for teeth, vaping must be totally awful as it is 50+% Glycerin vapor non stop in the mouth. Vaping for 10+years without any teeth issues.
I think that oral health is the least of your concerns when it comes to vaping

LadyRae

Well I personally love nicotine too, just not vaping because of the chemical incipients like diacetyl...

But anyways, you do you! I just thought the calcium carbonate toothpaste might interest you.

👻

Inaut

Brushed my teeth with calcium carbonate this morning. My teeth feel like they were polished at the dentist. Do you think this can help with gum recession as well?

LeeLemonoil

Another suitable material is Dolomit - CaMg(CO3)2 -

I use it both as paste or as a rinse, with carbonated water. Very agreeable taste and feel.

LeeLemonoil

Also I use Iodine/Iodide-alcohol solution into water as rinse to do what fluoride does only Peaty

koky

I've been brushing with calcium carbonate 2x / day
ray said too often, may produce digestive problems

Inaut

I've been brushing with calcium carbonate 2x / day
ray said too often, may produce digestive problems
by brushing only? How long have you been using CC and how do your teeth look/feel since incorporating it?

koky

by brushing only? How long have you been using CC and how do your teeth look/feel since incorporating it?
tat was his answer - I've meant to ask why, haven't yet
been brushing with cc for over a year