Regrow Enamel? Requesting A Teeth Remineralization Protocol

English

My teeth have been the bain of my life for around 7 years now. Unfortunately as a child I really neglected my dental health, by the time I was old enough to care it was way too late. My teeth as a result have literally no enamel what so ever in them and they just feel awful.

Can anybody recommend me a regime to help me? I'm at my wits end and am prepared to follow a vigorous regime for 6 month before I review my situation and seriously considering getting crowns/veneers. I really don't want to have to do this but it's affecting my confidence, emotional well being and love life. Thanks guys!

Pulstar

Here's one of the links, shared somewhere in the Oral Health section, I just can't locate the original post. I haven't tried this method myself though.

EIRE24

My teeth have been the bain of my life for around 7 years now. Unfortunately as a child I really neglected my dental health, by the time I was old enough to care it was way too late. My teeth as a result have literally no enamel what so ever in them and they just feel awful.

Can anybody recommend me a regime to help me? I'm at my wits end and am prepared to follow a vigorous regime for 6 month before I review my situation and seriously considering getting crowns/veneers. I really don't want to have to do this but it's affecting my confidence, emotional well being and love life. Thanks guys!
I have the same thing. Do you know if there’s any downside to veneers, besides the cost lol.

OP
English

English

I have the same thing. Do you know if there’s any downside to veneers, besides the cost lol.

Removing natural teeth structure could probably lead to all sorts of issues down the line. I'd imagine anyone in there mid 20s like myself who got a fully mouth of veneers will more than likely end up with denture later on in life!

EIRE24

Removing natural teeth structure could probably lead to all sorts of issues down the line. I'd imagine anyone in there mid 20s like myself who got a fully mouth of veneers will more than likely end up with denture later on in life!
I thought veneers lasted for life? My teeth are pretty much the same. They are gone translucent in places. Mainly due to drinking too much fizzy drinks.

Runenight201

Im not sure what your diet looks like, but the foods consumed have a large influence on teeth issues. I’ve noticed that many fruits on their own cause tooth sensitivity problems, especially the banana. Refined sugar on its own is also very detrimental to tooth health. The only times I have teeth sensitivity is when I eat a ton of fruit, candy, or soda.

Whatever re-growth protocol you end up following will be greatly assisted by a diet higher in fat and minerals. Sugar is best consumed with dairy, in which the ample nutrition found in the milk protects the tooth from the detrimental dental aspects of sugar. In my experience modern fruit is too high in sugar relative to its nutrition content to protect the tooth from erosion, and so when it comes to dental health, there are better dietary options. Fruit juice could be an exception, since the juice is not required to be chewed, and so the minimal dental exposure to the juice protects the teeth from the high sugar content.

My teeth and bone structure are much sturdier with dairy in the diet. Put that whole milk in soups, desserts, or with some sugar, cocoa, or coffee, and reap the benefits.

Fletcher

Check out Matt Blackburn, he advises the MK-7 version of vitamin K2 is beneficial for teeth.

cdg

Im not sure what your diet looks like, but the foods consumed have a large influence on teeth issues. I’ve noticed that many fruits on their own cause tooth sensitivity problems, especially the banana. Refined sugar on its own is also very detrimental to tooth health. The only times I have teeth sensitivity is when I eat a ton of fruit, candy, or soda.

Whatever re-growth protocol you end up following will be greatly assisted by a diet higher in fat and minerals. Sugar is best consumed with dairy, in which the ample nutrition found in the milk protects the tooth from the detrimental dental aspects of sugar. In my experience modern fruit is too high in sugar relative to its nutrition content to protect the tooth from erosion, and so when it comes to dental health, there are better dietary options. Fruit juice could be an exception, since the juice is not required to be chewed, and so the minimal dental exposure to the juice protects the teeth from the high sugar content.

My teeth and bone structure are much sturdier with dairy in the diet. Put that whole milk in soups, desserts, or with some sugar, cocoa, or coffee, and reap the benefits.

Think the acid in the fruits is more problematic than sugar. Have no problems eating sweet oranges but unripe ones create havoc. Think Ray also mentioned this somewhere.

Waynish

Is the white plaque that grows on cavities a mechanism for rebuilding or destruction? Is plaque catabolic or anabolic - or are there different types of plaques? Would someone scrape their cavity clean everyday for a tooth remineralization protocol?

baccheion

Fat-soluble vitamins, especially K2 MK-4 and K2 MK-7. Minerals, especially magnesium (and calcium). Vitamin C to aid collagen formation. Mouth rinse (with some remineralizing formula) for 20 minutes to get minerals from outside in. Eliminate refined sugars and grains at least until healed.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Aspirin has been shown to reverse tooth decay.

Inaut

I think sea salt rinses and now with the addition of sodium ascorbate is really helping my dental health

dreamcatcher

Very wise thoughts, I've noticed that since I don't eat any starches, my teeth are much healthier. Of course teeth will get totally damaged on a high fruit/acidic foods diet. All minerals are important, not only calcium and K2.

baccheion

So far I've seen mentioned:
-- oil pulling
-- salt
-- sodium bicarb
-- vitamin C

What else for "remineralization formula?"
Just find some product with minerals. I believe Uncle Harry's sells one. And Dr. Christopher.

Very wise thoughts, I've noticed that since I don't eat any starches, my teeth are much healthier. Of course teeth will get totally damaged on a high fruit/acidic foods diet. All minerals are important, not only calcium and K2.
Starches have phytic acid (binds calcium, etc) and leave residue on teeth. It becomes more important to maintain salivary flow, brushing regularity, and fat-soluble vitamin sufficiency (especially K2 MK-4). And iodine.

I have heard that this Japanese toothpaste called Apagard Premio is capable of remineralizing teeth. It's available on Amazon. I haven't tried it myself but I have a family member who raves about it. She had a chipped tooth and swears that the toothpaste completely remineralized it. Might be worth a shot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals