Regrow Enamel? Requesting A Teeth Remineralization Protocol

bushbush

My teeth look and feel much more solid since I've started to tape my mouth shut during sleep, as recommended by several Buteyko practitioners. I use medical micropore tape and remove some of the glue by applying the tape several times to my wrist first.
By taping your mouth you ensure that you're breathing through your nose throughout the night. This way you don't get a dry mouth and your teeth are bathed in your saliva, which is crucial for remineralization.

There are also some studies that indicate that Xylitol might help in remineralizing teeth. I am not knowledgeable enough to interpret the worth of these studies. But my personal experience with Xylitol has been rather positive. My teeth feel very solid and smooth when I'm using it. Although it seems to disrupt my oral flora- I seem to get bad breath and a coated tongue more often when I use it.
I've been using Xylitol every other night for the last month as part of my teeth cleaning routine before going to bed. I use it by swishing it in my mouth for about 5 minutes. It has the consistency of table sugar and dissolves in your saliva. Then I spit it out. Sometimes I keep some Xylitol in my mouth and use it to brush my teeth or use dental floss. It seems like Xylitol makes plaque easier to remove.

These practices have improved the look and feel of my teeth. At times my teeth used to have slightly translucent edges and felt porous. Now they seem more solid and feel smooth.

Vinny

I have heard that this Japanese toothpaste called Apagard Premio is capable of remineralizing teeth. It's available on Amazon. I haven't tried it myself but I have a family member who raves about it. She had a chipped tooth and swears that the toothpaste completely remineralized it. Might be worth a shot.
It,s on eBay too.
Purchased once .... Looks and feels like ordinary paste. No difference whatsoever. But it was just one small tube. Perhaps, if used regularly for longer, might do the trick, idk....

maillol

Presumably you're in the UK.

You may well be vitamin D deficient. In the winter here I have read that we can hardly get any vitamin d even outside in the sun.

Vitamin D allows you to absorb the calcium you consume into your bloodstream. Vitamin K2 is then required to send it to the right places including your teeth.

Waynish

Isn't it the plaque itself that would sustain the chemistry that causes remineralization? It would seem that a plaque would either grow it eat a bone based on its chemistry & environment.

GutFeeling

Fluoride seems sub-optimal considering that it is bad for every other bone, except the teeth - even according to the mainstream doctors.
A small amount of fluoride may be beneficial for bone. Just dont smallow it

David PS

Kray

Dr Ellie Phillips protocol is the best I've found for my teeth so far.
Dr. Ellie Phillips D.D.S. A Unique Look at Preventing - Reversing Cavities and Gum Disease - July 31, 2017 - One Radio Network
You can listen to the podcast at the bottom of the page.
@Attakai

Thank you for the great resource. I checked out her website and the copy of her booklet covering her protocol for oral health.

Are you still using this regimen? Seems like an awful lot of products to use, and ingredients, to achieve healthy teeth. Are there any of the 5 products in her kit that you would recommend as being absolutely must-haves, other than xylitol, if I had to limit the number of products I can afford? I am especially concerned about the issue of remineralization, so any products targeted toward that.

Thanks!

BearWithMe

@Attakai

Thank you for the great resource. I checked out her website and the copy of her booklet covering her protocol for oral health.

Are you still using this regimen? Seems like an awful lot of products to use, and ingredients, to achieve healthy teeth. Are there any of the 5 products in her kit that you would recommend as being absolutely must-haves, other than xylitol, if I had to limit the number of products I can afford? I am especially concerned about the issue of remineralization, so any products targeted toward that.

Thanks!
CloSys / UltraDex. It's a gamechanger.

It is the only thing I still keep using.

Nothing in Dr. Ellie's regimen targets remineralization, though. Beside the fluoride in Crest and ACT, maybe. It is more about killing the bad bugs and letting the body do the rest, which might work in some cases. But if your health is not OK, it is likely not enough.

The best thing for remineralization is K2-MK4, plus making sure that you are getting enough calcium, magnesium and other bone-building minerals in your diet.

Kray

CloSys / UltraDex. It's a gamechanger.

It is the only thing I still keep using.

Nothing in Dr. Ellie's regimen targets remineralization, though. Beside the fluoride in Crest and ACT, maybe. It is more about killing the bad bugs and letting the body do the rest, which might work in some cases. But if your health is not OK, it is likely not enough.

The best thing for remineralization is K2-MK4, plus making sure that you are getting enough calcium, magnesium and other bone-building minerals in your diet.
@JanP
Thanks for your input on this. In her booklet Dr Ellie does say that xylitol helps remineralization. She suggests using that in some form after any snack (liquid or solid) or meal to alkalize the environment, and that it takes about 1 hour for the balance to take place. I appreciate your mention of K2. I am confident I get enough of the minerals otherwise. I may look into the CloSys for the neutralizing effects.

Do you use fluoride in your oral care? I was quite surprised on the fairly good ingredient list in the Crest Regular Toothpaste. I had not looked at commercial pastes in quite a while.

Attakai

At first I did her protocol full on for a few months, but now I just do the full thing once a week. Has been working very well for me.
I do still use xylitol after every meal and brush daily though.
Also I found that tooth mousse plus works better for me than the crest, but it's hard to get and expensive.

Kray

@Attakai

Thanks, good to know. His name has been mentioned here before, but the Uncle Harrys products look very interesting, as an alternative to commercial products used in the Ellie protocol, for remineralizing effects. Users seem impressed. Per Ellie, I am still not sure how I feel about fluoride needing to be in the mix for remineralization; should I at least consider a fluoride toothpaste, or a fluoride rinse, especially if I use xylitol already? Thoughts?

Attakai

@Attakai

Thanks, good to know. His name has been mentioned here before, but the Uncle Harrys products look very interesting, as an alternative to commercial products used in the Ellie protocol, for remineralizing effects. Users seem impressed. Per Ellie, I am still not sure how I feel about fluoride needing to be in the mix for remineralization; should I at least consider a fluoride toothpaste, or a fluoride rinse, especially if I use xylitol already? Thoughts?
I vote yes on fluoride. You only need to end with a fluoride rinse if you rinsed your mouth with something acidic (like Listerine or one of it's alternatives). And if you do use an acidic rinse make sure you do it AFTER you've already brushed your teeth.

ddjd

i do mouthwashes using xylitol, glycine and coconut oil and i feel like it's very helpful. and take a high quality k2 mk4 supplement regularly

Richiebogie

Avoid Phytates (from beans, nuts, seeds and wholegrains) which can rob your system of calcium and other nutrients.

Avoid Oxalates (from spinach and some other greens, okra, rhubarb, cocoa, beets, almonds, dates) which can also rob you of calcium!

Enjoy Milk and aged cheeses to provide calcium and vitamin k2.

Kray

I vote yes on fluoride. You only need to end with a fluoride rinse if you rinsed your mouth with something acidic (like Listerine or one of it's alternatives). And if you do use an acidic rinse make sure you do it AFTER you've already brushed your teeth.
@Attakai

I am now doing Dr Ellie program. Good points you make on order of product use. I mix xylitol with calcium diphosphate and add that to the fluoride rinse at the end. Chew xylitol gum between meals/snacks. Also try to limit grazing between meals but if I do have a snack, I finish with water rinse or xylitol gum. I would like to check back here in 6 months to see how this goes for you and others.

I have a pending dental appt for partial crown on tooth #6 due to slight craze line on tooth; now I want to wait and see if it will be necessary. By the way- Dr Ellie warns against composite (non-silver) fillings as they contain BPA. Amalgam has gotten a bad rap due to mercury but BPA has its own problems.