Getting Filling Removed And Capped

TubZy

I was at the dentist today and haven't been there in over a year. They did a full cleaning and mentioned that I have excellent, strong thick teeth with a thick jawline and bite. I have never received that feedback from any dentist I have ever been to in my life. I was actually going there even more nervous b/c since Peating I have increased sugar intake greatly with loads of OJ (acidic) and my gums were taking a hit. Maybe from increasing my mag intake greatly, along with calcium, DHEA, preg and getting my estrogen down really made a difference in my teeth. Oh and I have been doing methylene blue (oxidial) rinses, not sure how much it helped though.

However, my second to last molar in the back which I got a metal filling in prob about 15+ years ago is about to crack (the actual tooth) and they want to remove the metal filling and replace it with composite and cap it via a crown. I'm actually kind of happy b/c I want that metal filling out anyways (and it's the older one, which they don't use anymore..mercury?). The last thing I want is this tooth to crack with the mercury filling in my mouth when I least expect it.

I heard when they remove it that mercury levels can be exposed in them mouth via local tissue. Any precautions I should take before going? Maybe load up on Vit C, Vit K2, CoQ10, magnesium, niacinamide, aspirin, caffeine to prevent any damage or free radical damage?

The only thing is that they did X-rays which I really wasn't happy about.

Last edited:

Queequeg

I was at the dentist today and haven't been there in over a year. They did a full cleaning and mentioned that I have excellent, strong thick teeth with a thick jawline and bite. I have never received that feedback from any dentist I have ever been to in my life. I was actually going there even more nervous b/c since Peating I have increased sugar intake greatly with loads of OJ (acidic) and my gums were taking a hit. Maybe from increasing my mag intake greatly, along with calcium, DHEA, preg and getting my estrogen down really made a difference in my teeth. Oh and I have been doing methylene blue (oxidial) rinses, not sure how much it helped though.

However, my second to last molar in the back which I got a metal filling in prob about 15+ years ago is about to crack (the actual tooth) and they want to remove the metal filling and replace it with composite and cap it via a crown. I'm actually kind of happy b/c I want that metal filling out anyways (and it's the older one, which they don't use anymore..mercury?). The last thing I want is this tooth to crack with the mercury filling in my mouth when I least expect it.

I heard when they remove it that mercury levels can be exposed in them mouth via local tissue. Any precautions I should take before going? Maybe load up on Vit C, Vit K2, CoQ10, magnesium, niacinamide, aspirin, caffeine to prevent any damage or free radical damage?

I once looked into this for my Dad. Removing mercury amalgam is a pretty specialized process involving the use of a dental dam, high powered suction to a HEPA filter and potentially an alternate breathing source. Most Dentists just grind out the old fillings and are actually working every day in a soup of mercury fumes. I think they have somehow exempted themselves from OSHA rules on mercury exposure. If it were me, I would find a Dentist who specializes in safe mercury filling removal.

Also not all composite fillings are the same. Some leach some bad stuff as well so you may have another research project depending on patience for that sort of stuff.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I once looked into this for my Dad. Removing mercury amalgam is a pretty specialized process involving the use of a dental dam, high powered suction to a HEPA filter and potentially an alternate breathing source. Most Dentists just grind out the old fillings and are actually working every day in a soup of mercury fumes. I think they have somehow exempted themselves from OSHA rules on mercury exposure. If it were me, I would find a Dentist who specializes in safe mercury filling removal.

Also not all composite fillings are the same. Some leach some bad stuff as well so you may have another research project depending on patience for that sort of stuff.

Yeah, I think most of the composite contain BPA. I guess that is not as bad for me at least since BPA's are estrogenic/endocrine disruptors and my estrogen is under control now and I'm having a harder time keeping it from too low rather than high. Seems like either way you go you can't win. Mercury or BPA..pick your poison.

The dentist I have is pretty high end, it's actually a new dentist for me. He filed some of my teeth already and they came out good so I trust him at least for now. Just want to minimize the damage when removing it is my main concern as I believe when adding/removing the metal filling gives off the most exposure.

Last edited:

Queequeg

Yeah, I think most of the composite contain BPA. I guess that is not as bad for me at least since BPA's are estrogenic/endocrine disruptors and my estrogen is under control now and I'm having a harder time keeping it from too low rather than high. Seems like either way you go you can't win. Mercury or BPA..pick your poison.

The dentist I have is pretty high end, it's actually a new dentist for me. He filed some of my teeth already and they came out good so I trust him at least for now. Just want to minimize the damage when removing it is my main concern as I believe when adding/removing the metal filling gives off the most exposure.
Sounds like one filling shouldn't be too bad. I would think cilantro or some other mercury binder would be good. Im sure there is a protocol on the web.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Sounds like one filling shouldn't be too bad. I would think cilantro or some other mercury binder would be good. Im sure there is a protocol on the web.

Thanks brother..I will look into it. Yeah, one shouldn't be too bad.

papaya

charcoal

papaya

Oh yeah, thanks. I have some already (powder version) just sitting in my cabinet. I will take some after appt.
take it right BEFORE & after. u want the charcoal to already be inside of u to absorb the mercury during the removal process!!!!

Yeah I think it might work if you rinsed your mouth with activated charcoal beforehand and left a small residue behind,. Afterwards rinse out the charcoal and put some new fresh charcoal in your mouth. Rinse and repeate :) until you feel satisfied

OP
TubZy

TubZy

take it right BEFORE & after. u want the charcoal to already be inside of u to absorb the mercury during the removal process!!!!
Yeah I think it might work if you rinsed your mouth with activated charcoal beforehand and left a small residue behind,. Afterwards rinse out the charcoal and put some new fresh charcoal in your mouth. Rinse and repeate :) until you feel satisfied

Thanks...OK I will do both (before and after). I don't have to go until late Jan so I can prepare :D

I think I get novocaine too...

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Finally got it done today. Hour before did 1 tablespoon gelatin, 75mg preg, K2 45mg, 3mg progesterone, about 5mcg T3. Added one tablespoon of activated charcoal 15min before and directly after.

All I can say is when I rinsed a spat out big chunks of metal..nasty. I probably did swallow small amounts of it as it was falling to the back of my throat. Oh, well at least it is out and back filled with composite. It was actually one filling but they kept adding to it every couple of years so it was a giant one. The original filling itself was over 10 years old, so most of the mecury from that was prob gone already.

Velve921

Finally got it done today. Hour before did 1 tablespoon gelatin, 75mg preg, K2 45mg, 3mg progesterone, about 5mcg T3. Added one tablespoon of activated charcoal 15min before and directly after.

All I can say is when I rinsed a spat out big chunks of metal..nasty. I probably did swallow small amounts of it as it was falling to the back of my throat. Oh, well at least it is out and back filled with composite. It was actually one filling but they kept adding to it every couple of years so it was a giant one. The original filling itself was over 10 years old, so most of the mecury from that was prob gone already.

Glad to hear it went ok. I like your routine.

You said you do washes with oxidal. Does that mean rinse your mouth? If so does your mouth turn blue?

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Glad to hear it went ok. I like your routine.

You said you do washes with oxidal. Does that mean rinse your mouth? If so does your mouth turn blue?

Cool. Yeah! I forgot lol, doing it now. It does mildy leave a blue residue that is why I do it a few times a week only before bed. It goes away or reduces it greatly if you brush your teeth after or rinse the mouth out pretty good.

dbh25

I am having some amalgam fillings replaced in a few weeks, thanks for the update.

Regina

Cool. Yeah! I forgot lol, doing it now. It does mildy leave a blue residue that is why I do it a few times a week only before bed. It goes away or reduces it greatly if you brush your teeth after or rinse the mouth out pretty good.
My training partners in aikido must think I eat a lot of blue candy.