Cavities And/or Tooth Erosion On Lower Gum Line. Any Thoughts?

theLaw

What benefits have you noticed?

Trying to take it slow, so I'll post all of my experiences on the Tyromix thread when I get to an optimal dose, but generally overall better temps, digestion, sleep, etc.

smith

"Through experimenting, I have completely solved similar gum problems using (once a day, before bed) a rinse from home made Liposomal Vitamin C + baking soda. After brushing with regular (non-fluoride) toothpaste I add to a quarter glass of warm water a half teaspoon of baking soda and a table spoon of Liposomal C liquid (made from sodium ascorbate, not ascorbic acid, so it is pH neutral), then rinse with it for couple minutes, with extra attention to the most troubling spots. Within a week, gum sensitivity due to chronic inflammation was gone, and in the six months of use so far, I haven't had the slightest problem even with hard brushes -- the gums have filled in and firmed up quite noticeably. The chronic infection and periodic abscess in one place which dentist insisted only root canal or extraction followed by implant could fix is completely gone without trace (even on X-ray where it was visible before)."
https://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/67260-receeding-gums-what-can-i-do-about-it/

OP
D

danishispsychic

hi! I have added Xylitol into my diet/toothcare , and am oil pulling - Things are getting better ! thank you:)

CLASH

Based on your reading what is your take on using Iodine? I read the research you posted above. They state that in Montefero Italy, where they had the iodine deficiency, they used 2mg of lugols a week to correct the deficiency; seems more reasonable than the doses recommended by some of the iodine gurus I've seen elsewhere. They also mention the need for a delicate balance with iodine due to its U shaped curve of effects i.e. issues with too little and issues with too much.

@burtlancast

What are your thoughts on the iodine situation?

Do either of you guys have any relevant research you'd recommend reading on it?

Michael Mohn

Sunlight is the biggest factor in my dental health. I had 3 cavities along my gum line unfortunately I needed root canal treatment for 2 teeth after a long battle. I work alternating day and night shifts and winter is really dark here. I could observe how the cavities progressed in winter and when night shifting, summer and a 20minute session under the sun tan bed once a week would visibly recalcify the cavities but I missed consistency and finally they got to big. Vitamine D does nothing for me only intense sun or uv lamps help.

Amazoniac

Based on your reading what is your take on using Iodine? I read the research you posted above. They state that in Montefero Italy, where they had the iodine deficiency, they used 2mg of lugols a week to correct the deficiency; seems more reasonable than the doses recommended by some of the iodine gurus I've seen elsewhere. They also mention the need for a delicate balance with iodine due to its U shaped curve of effects i.e. issues with too little and issues with too much.

@burtlancast

What are your thoughts on the iodine situation?

Do either of you guys have any relevant research you'd recommend reading on it?
I try to go by this:
- Let us keep our minds open, by all means, as... | Ray Peat Forum

Due to affinity, the typhoid has to withstand and adapt for the person to take advantage of the therapeutic uses, if it can't do this, it's out of question. Iodine is a contributor to maintaing the integrity as long as it hasn't been compromised already, because in cases of existing damage, the chances of it being counterproductive increase and you have to be an artist to prevent this from occurring. For those that are wealthy, high doses of it tend to be too stimulatory or suppressive, it's tricky to find the proper dose, the products used for supplementation don't allow such degree of control.

Some people find that extra chloride intake is taxing, and something similar can happen to iodine depending on your degree of inflammation and how you can curb it, both trigger the aggressive side of immunity (which is good if the person can resist).

For the reason mentioned above, I would start reading the RDA experiments rather than doing the reverse, because it will help you to be suspicious when you need to for knowing the conservative side. I also suggest you to read the original material by Juan Wolff and Israel Chaikoff to be aware of misrepresentations.

That's what Alan recommends here as well:
- Gaby Responds to Iodine Rebuttal 3 (July 2006) Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients

CLASH

I try to go by this:
- Let us keep our minds open, by all means, as... | Ray Peat Forum

Due to affinity, the typhoid has to withstand and adapt for the person to take advantage of the therapeutic uses, if it can't do this, it's out of question. Iodine is a contributor to maintaing the integrity as long as it hasn't been compromised already, because in cases of existing damage, the chances of it being counterproductive increase and you have to be an artist to prevent this from occurring. For those that are wealthy, high doses of it tend to be too stimulatory or suppressive, it's tricky to find the proper dose, the products used for supplementation don't allow such degree of control.

Some people find that extra chloride intake is taxing, and something similar can happen to iodine depending on your degree of inflammation and how you can curb it, both trigger the aggressive side of immunity (which is good if the person can resist).

For the reason mentioned above, I would start reading the RDA experiments rather than doing the reverse, because it will help you to be suspicious when you need to for knowing the conservative side. I also suggest you to read the original material by Juan Wolff and Israel Chaikoff to be aware of misrepresentations.

That's what Alan recommends here as well:
- Gaby Responds to Iodine Rebuttal 3 (July 2006) Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients

Thanks for your response. I've perused pubmed on iodine without a solid answer. I've seen brownstein and abrahams stuff and wasnt convinced so far. I'm going to take a look at your links.

sunny

Is any xylitol sufficient if making a mouth rinse. Trying to find one that is definitely from birch is daunting. Many products try to imply they are from birch but I am suspicious.

I have recently visited a dentist who recommends brushing with baking soda abd rinaing mouth throughout the day with baking soda to cut acidity.
I bought zellies mints for convenience during day.

I have gumline Cavities. Dentist says it is from tooth grinding at night. I did not think I did that. Is there any other symptoms of that. I don't have headaches, jaw tightness, etc.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals