Cavities And/or Tooth Erosion On Lower Gum Line. Any Thoughts?

Bingo

I also recently had a lot of tooth/gum pain after increasing my progest-e quite a bit.
Yes I was taking high doses of progest E applied to the gums over the winter. I have stopped the progest-e, but the recession continues. I wish I had know about this sooner. My gums are actually burning like they are inflamed all up and into the roof of the mouth.

Last edited:

Bingo

@Bingo

There were times I packed xylitol crystals around sore and bleeding gums. The healing was remarkable.

I read about Dr Ellies system and have even made my own xylitol mints. I concluded that xylitol might be irritating to my gums! but perhaps there are other factors going on at the same time I was trying that. I have some closys and I dislike the chlorine aftertast of this. It would be worth it if I had the results you experienced though. It can't hurt for me to try the xylitol again. Thank you for your input. It is really reassuring to hear from someone who has regenerated gum tissue, since they say it is impossible. Do you do the full system including the listerine? That burns my mouth so terribly.I can't imagine it right now, but maybe in a hopeful future.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I can't ignore the thyroid, but I am not sure. My cholesterol gets really low on a high thyroid dose. I think I have symptoms from that too.
I am trying higher doses of pregnenolone and CoQ10. Increasing sugar intake alone does not increase cholesterol much for me.

I would like to find a patch, bandage, or burn type dressing that could be worn inside the mouth to allow an area of receded gums to heal. frequent exposure even to the roughness of the tongue is irritating, not to mention foods. Wish there was such a thing.
I wonder if taking cholesterol would help you?

HDD

Yes I was taking high doses of progest E applied to the gums over the winter. I have stopped the progest-e, but the recession continues. I wish I had know about this sooner. My gums are actually burning like they are inflamed all up and into the roof of the mouth.

I may try the higher doses of progesterone again along with other anti estrogen measures at the same time. Ray Peat has said it’s better to go through the discomfort of the circulating estrogen than for it to remain in the tissue. I think that taking it along with aspirin, carrots, etc. might work.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks. I think I get plenty of cholesterol in my diet. I am not sure if you mean a synthetic cholesterol.
I was thinking of supplemental cholesterol similar to what life giving store carries.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Burning mouth is common for women in menopause. It is probably caused by yeasts that tend to proliferate when there is more estrogen than progesterone.

Using progesterone with other aromatase inhibitors like @HDD proposes might help.

Bingo

Burning mouth is common for women in menopause. It is probably caused by yeasts that tend to proliferate when there is more estrogen than progesterone.

Using progesterone with other aromatase inhibitors like @HDD proposes might help.

I do have a burning mouth. There seems to be an ongoing infection although it is not necessarily bacterial. The last time I had my hormone levels checked though I was very high to the progesterone side. Probably I have cleared out my estrogen already, not that it cant continue to accumulate. I don't think I will put progesterone on my gums again. I think things really flared up for me after a sinus infection and a course of antibiotics, which leads me to think it could be yeast. I have since tried several things that should stop yeast, including flowers of sulfur and oregano oil. I am not sure but maybe I have something else wrong in my gut. SIBO or H Pylori maybe? I cannot take aspirin even if I dissolve it and buffer it with baking soda and take it alongside gelatin and with food. I get heartburn from it. Perhaps I could take a very small dose like 50 mg this way.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
@Bingo I had the burning mouth and it drove me crazy because I couldn't see anything. Eventually, my gum began to change and an endodontist told me there was nothing wrong with the tooth but that the gum showed evidence of a problem. My dentist assumed I was using a toothpick. All In all it was frustrating. It was finally determined that I had a fungal infection in my nasal area above that tooth. I took fluconazole and eventually only one resistant but not painful form remains. I had that burning mouth until I was given the fluconazole. Nystatin may work and is not as problematic for the liver.

I hope you can find relief.

Bingo

@Bingo I had the burning mouth and it drove me crazy because I couldn't see anything. Eventually, my gum began to change and an endodontist told me there was nothing wrong with the tooth but that the gum showed evidence of a problem. My dentist assumed I was using a toothpick. All In all it was frustrating. It was finally determined that I had a fungal infection in my nasal area above that tooth. I took fluconazole and eventually only one resistant but not painful form remains. I had that burning mouth until I was given the fluconazole. Nystatin may work and is not as problematic for the liver.

I hope you can find relief.
Thank you for this! I have pain in the sinus and behind the eye on the same side. I have to look into this further. I am not familiar with these drugs. Can you tell me the dosage you took for fluconazole? I am not sure what to tell my doc in order to get these meds, and getting them from the doc would be the fastest route. Did the dentist/doctor look in you nose and identify the infection? Did you take oral/systemic fluconazole, or some kine of nasal spray?

Last edited:

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
@Bingo , I went to several doctors before I could get someone to culture the area. Even then, they would only treat it for a short time, as in four days 200 mg fluconazole per day. I eventually found a doctor who prescribed it until I no longer had pain in the tooth/nasal area. The burning mouth was relieved early on. Antifungal medications can be damaging to the liver. I never had elevated liver enzymes but they may not show all the effects.

If you can find relief from this, the Dr. Phillips system may help. She also mentions hormonal changes that affect the acidity of your mouth.

Bingo

@Bingo , I went to several doctors before I could get someone to culture the area. Even then, they would only treat it for a short time, as in four days 200 mg fluconazole per day. I eventually found a doctor who prescribed it until I no longer had pain in the tooth/nasal area. The burning mouth was relieved early on. Antifungal medications can be damaging to the liver. I never had elevated liver enzymes but they may not show all the effects.

If you can find relief from this, the Dr. Phillips system may help. She also mentions hormonal changes that affect the acidity of your mouth.

Wow thanks for this info. I doubt my doc would go along with this, but I can ask. Did you see an ENT for this? How long did you take fluconazole? Did it take months? This could easily be a resistant chronic fungal infection. Did you have your enzymes tested often during the treatment?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
@Bingo , I went to a oral surgeon who used a speculum to look in my nose. He prescribed the fluconazole that confirmed my suspicion it was a yeast or fungus. A surficial yeast colonization should respond to one dose (1 pill-200 mg) but my problem didn't go away after two doses. I went to several doctors until I found one who would culture the area and treat it. I took it for two years. The liver enzymes were tested every two months.

I was hit in that area of my face by some large clippers when I was pruning a tree. I think that is how the fungus gained a foothold in the nasal/tooth area. If your infection is surficial, it may respond very quickly. But I think the hormonal changes of menopause contributed to my problem, too.

Bingo

Silver Diamine Fluoride together with Potassium Iodide does not stain teeth black like Silver Diamine Fluoride alone. Now this two step process is sold in the US and available through all major dental distributors! Ask your dentist about your options. This process does not require a drill. Maybe somewhere a dentist will forgo x-rays and still provide this treatment.

https://www.dentistryiq.com/article...tar-silver-diamine-fluoride-desensitizer.html

Xisca

@Xisca

Wait, so if you avoid sugar and starch, do you eat carbs at all anymore?

No apart from some in bitter greens I eat to help stomach acid. For me it was the solution to many problems.
Yes I get glucose if I am in neoglucogenesis! At least my guts escape the problem!

However my digestion had not been great. I get heartburn more now than ever
I had some with fruits etc, and still can have some if I eat fats in the evening! If my dinner is meat, and if I had bitter greens in the morning, I am fine now!

You get heart burn because you lack stomach acid... then this makes you assimilate badly your proteins, and that ***** up your hormones, and also you cannot kill pathogens in the stomach. Then it does not stimulate enough bile and pancreatic enzymes! Causing heart burn.
You can also take betaine hcl.
It is really reassuring to hear from someone who has regenerated gum tissue, since they say it is impossible. Do you do the full system including the listerine? That burns my mouth so terribly.

Go for the calcium therapy, it does not burn and is specialized in gum problems! website is the same name.

There seems to be an ongoing infection although it is not necessarily bacterial. The last time I had my hormone levels checked though I was very high to the progesterone side.

Bingo, that is what I thought when reading before! I also had a problem with progest-e and I have low copper, and as you know, copper is fungicid! I got a super mold infections due to this! Copper and zinc are related to our levels of progesteron and estrogen!

But I think the hormonal changes of menopause contributed to my problem, too.
Same here... That is why I got the hair analysis,, it is so cheap for so many results!

I got my tooth devitalized and want to remove it to not keep dead stuff in my mouth. Fed up with teeth proble! I had a better than normal mouth during YEARS! And for this now! Not fair!

EIRE24

@danishispsychic

Personally, I've noticed a change in my teeth for the better with 3 substances:

1. Thyroid (Tyromix)

2. Eggshell Calcium

3. Removal/reduction of starch

However, none of these worked until I increased my calories to feel completely satiated. Any time I felt hungry for periods of time, my teeth would start to feel sensitive again. Also, if digestion is sluggish, I think that can wreak havoc on your mouth.

I floss and brush with soap, but nothing with grit.
How much tyromix do you use?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals