Calcium-Phosphorous Ratio Of Cheeses

paymanz

to make cheese you get the "curds" (casein mostly) separate from the "whey" and you then strain and keep the curds.

That's why if the calcium is in the whey, how can hard cheeses be so favorable in Ca-P ratios?
I thought same as you ,
But Some of them apparently are made without removing the whey!
As Beachbum said,ricotta is one of them,
I just read it on wikipedia...

Whey cheese - Wikipedia

Edit: now that I looked for it again, its cheese made of only whey ,not whole milk proteins!

Last edited:

beachbum

I just bbought some carob powder to add to my milk. Carob has a 4-1 ratio of cal -phos and alot of other good stuff. Its amazing how so like foods are higher in phos. so said..lol

Amazoniac

Compiling this information is quite useful, but I would be careful with coloring based on 1:1 weight ratio because it's questionable.

- Why Ray Recommends Eating Lots Of Calcium

You may not find their procedure reliable, but one thing there we know for sure: just because we has equal amounts of both, it doesn't mean that we'll has similar quantities of molecules since they're different, therefore 1:1 based on weight isn't much meaningful without knowing what we's dealing with.

Raj may be suggesting it in this context since milch is being used as reference. In the uploaded file it appears favorable for calcium, but in reality it's close to 1:1 and would match his suggestion. It takes about 30% more calcium than phosphorus for this.

But it can be further complicated when dealing with phopshate instead of the simplified phosphorus. The typical adsorqtion of Ca can be 30% whereas P(i) may be 60%. This is only the first step, making it possible that a greater uptake is compensated by an equivalent excretion. Yet then, other factors such as meal composition or venom D enter the story, making us question if it makes sense to fixate on such weight ratio.

Last edited:

gaze

can anyone clarify, what would cause hard goat cheese to have such a good ratio but soft cheese to have such a bad ratio? How does aging and moisture content effect calcium/phosphorus? Just from my personal experience, a lot of these cheeses that supposedly have very good ratios don't feel as if they do after I eat them. I think it's tricky to ever know exactly what your getting with cheese, as amazon said

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals