Non-dairy Calcium Sources

Xisca

If beef bones are a concern, well, chicken bones? They are Young animals and accumulate less. I cook my chicken, eat the meat and keep bones, and recook them with veggies. I get extra meat that make the soup, then I also have bone broth that's makes jelly, so this means gelatine.... AND calcium.
I finish eating what I can of the bones themselves, just spit what is too hard.
I can feel paleo whenever I want!

How does egg Shell, after grinding, dissolve in vinegar? Any difference when they are boiled?

tyw

If you don't mind sharing, how do you get enough calcium?

I don't bother with try to add nor avoid calcium ;) You know that I have my own testing methods, and neither calcium supplements nor dairy seems to be necessary for me at this stage. Maybe that will change in the future, but for now, it's fine.

If we look at this from an ancestral perspective, my ancestors did not consume a lot of calcium. Chris Masterjohn went into this whole topic (Calcium, Vit D, PTH), in this podcast -- http://chrismasterjohnphd.com/24

If DXA scan results of bone mineral density are anything to go by, I am currently fine. (Most of the BMD values are 15-20% higher than age-matched averages).

Screen Shot 2016-10-15 at 6.32.30 am.png

A DXA scan is not a definitive measure of real-world symptoms, and needs will vary over time. If I need extra calcium in the future, I'll find a way to get it.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals