Snowdrop

Hi! I was wondering if any Australians on here order aspirin powder? If so, where do you get it from? Also...double checking...is animal aspirin safe for human consumption? I have found links to them on here and other places, so just interested to know for sure :D

Thank you!

juanitacarlos

Hey - you can check out forum member Dan Wich's website for good supplement sources, including aspirin. I personally bought pet aspirin from here and have been using it for close to a year. It's pure aspirin so nothing to worry about. I dissolve it in hot water and have had not problems. Very cheap too (reasonable shipping to Australia).

OP
Snowdrop

Snowdrop

Thank you @ttramone. Much appreciated :D
How much of this should I be using?

Dan W

I also use the pet aspirin. I think you always take chances with something toxic sneaking into a supplement, so I figure the most basic aspirin powder is a good bet.

Snowdrop said:
How much of this should I be using?
It can be very individual, "Aspirin: Testimonials, and questions answered" is a good place to start. Or if you were just curious how to measure the powder, I calculate (at least with the Vedco powder) that 1/32 of a teaspoon is very roughly 325mg. It's probably worth getting a scale to properly manage the dosage.

OP
Snowdrop

Snowdrop

Thank you Dan Wich :D

It's so hard to get my head around the use of synthetic supplements. I am a huge advocator of all things natural and that food can heal. Maybe sometimes the body is far too gone?

Thank you all for your help, it's much appreciated :thankyou

O

Oniyogini

I read that in 2015 the Australian government stopped subsidising aspirin...it's now very difficult to find good quality aspirin at similar prices in the US. The cheap stuff made in India is quite worthless imho. We are looking into ordering animal aspirin and pay exorbitant shipping to here..:(
Does anyone know of other options for Australia?

mujuro

Forum Supporter
I use Aspro Clear. It's an aluminium-free effervescent 300mg tablet made in France (according to the packaging).

Elysium

It is extremely naive and dangerous to think that anything made for animals will be anywhere close to the processing standard used for the manufacture of the human equivalent.

Everyone wants to produce with the lowest possible cost. Be it materials, maintenance, labor, equipment. To be clear, i have no illusions whatsoever about the standards used in the human pharmaceuticals production. But theres always a certain necessary restraint knowing that a person could die. With the animal version, all restrains step aside, because the risk is ZERO.

It is very foolish to consume that.

Herbie

+1 for Bayer Aspro Clear.

The excipients get stuck in the drinking glass so it would be pretty clean. We are fortunate to have this type of aspirin in Australia.

Coles and Woolworths around $4 for 24x 300mg hidden next to the Panadol and Nurofen.

Last edited:

Footscray

I will look at aspro clear, I use dispirin and alka selza for aspirin but haven't looked into them thoroughly enough.

schultz

It is extremely naive and dangerous to think that anything made for animals will be anywhere close to the processing standard used for the manufacture of the human equivalent.

Everyone wants to produce with the lowest possible cost. Be it materials, maintenance, labor, equipment. To be clear, i have no illusions whatsoever about the standards used in the human pharmaceuticals production. But theres always a certain necessary restraint knowing that a person could die. With the animal version, all restrains step aside, because the risk is ZERO.

It is very foolish to consume that.

I'm not too worried about it. This one is USP grade.

kayumochi

Says it doesn't ship to Australia

Too bad. I used to ship supplements to a friend in the EU with no trouble years back but now if I try the package is returned to me. Australia is quite restrictive: I have had customs there remove food I had bought in Japan.

kayumochi

In the area I am living now, raw milk is sold with the notice, "For animal consumption only." So laf.

Last edited:

Elysium

Considering the amount of critical thinking and skepticism in the forums towards almost everything, be it studies, mainstream thinking, whatever...I find the blind faith in online-sold product labels stunning.

The only thing the Chinese manufacturer of your horse aspirin requires to put a USP label on it, is a printer. Oh wait, but AniMed is a US company, isn't? Well yes. And this is their plant:

Google Maps

And this is an actual run-of-the-mill pharmaceutical plant making human drugs, somewhere in Belgium:
http://www.outsourcing-pharma.com/v...e-systems-at-Belgium-API-plant_strict_xxl.jpg

What's wrong with this picture? Could it be that AniMed has discovered an unprecedentedly efficient method of drug manufacturing, allowing it to make their products in a former mattress warehouse?

Probably not. Even Walter White needed reactors and exhausts for his home-made meth. AniMed is either just a distributor, perhaps they also stick on labels, at very best they actually package the powder. The powder that's delivered from China with a shiny UPS certificate, dumped on the floor and shoveled into packages - because why not, it's for horses.

Having the powder classified as equestrian means they are completely off any FDA or similar radar - though I'm not trying to say being on an FDA radar means that much. But being completely off of it means you can import anything, you call it anything, you can handle it and store it any which way you want - all without risking anything. I mean, it's for animals.

This is what happens when Bayer Aspirin gets contaminated and kills you:
Bayer will be raided
They will have to recall numerous batches
They will get sued
Their reputation will suffer
Their stock will drop
Their directors and officers will get sued by shareholder

This is what happens when a Chinese horse aspirin gets contaminated and kills you:
They will hose off their tanks
Change the brand name and/or label, and continue with production and sale uninterrupted
Wonder why a person would take their horse aspirin

People lie. Companies lie and cheat. Lying and cheating means profit. I work for a huge multinational company, and we lie day and night. What's to stop your Chinese aspirin maker from mixing in some melamine? I mean they add it to their infant formulas. Where do you think that puts your horse formula?

*I have nothing against AniMed, the guys just sell animal stuff

Last edited:

schultz

I get what you're saying. It seems reasonable. However Ray doesn't seem to have a problem with it and he is like the pickiest guy when it comes to supplements. He won't even take an aspirin tablet, he has to dissolve it in water first to get rid of the excipients, yet when asked about the aspirin powder, USP for animals he says this...

"They sell aspirin, USP, for animals, which is the same as used for people, except that it doesn't contain the toxic additives of the tablets."

The question is, do you really think they have separate factories for animal aspirin vs the aspirin that is in pills? It likely all comes from the same place and is probably dirt cheap to make. I doubt they would put melamine in aspirin. I believe the melamine in milk products was used to give the appearance of a higher protein content in foods.

2008 Chinese milk scandal - Wikipedia
"The chemical gives the appearance of higher protein content when added to milk, leading to protein deficiency in the formula. In a separate incident four years prior, watered-down milk had resulted in 12 infant deaths from malnutrition."

I don't know if Ray uses "animal" aspirin, but he does use the aspirin crystals, which is what the animal aspirin is.

I'm not sure they are off the FDA radar if they are using the United States Pharmacopeia label on the product.

About U.S. Pharmacopeia
"The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries."

kayumochi

Considering the amount of critical thinking and skepticism in the forums towards almost everything, be it studies, mainstream thinking, whatever...I find the blind faith in online-sold product labels stunning.

The only thing the Chinese manufacturer of your horse aspirin requires to put a USP label on it, is a printer. Oh wait, but AniMed is a US company, isn't? Well yes. And this is their plant:

Google Maps

And this is an actual run-of-the-mill pharmaceutical plant making human drugs, somewhere in Belgium:
http://www.outsourcing-pharma.com/v...e-systems-at-Belgium-API-plant_strict_xxl.jpg

What's wrong with this picture? Could it be that AniMed has discovered an unprecedentedly efficient method of drug manufacturing, allowing it to make their products in a former mattress warehouse?

Probably not. Even Walter White needed reactors and exhausts for his home-made meth. AniMed is either just a distributor, perhaps they also stick on labels, at very best they actually package the powder. The powder that's delivered from China with a shiny UPS certificate, dumped on the floor and shoveled into packages - because why not, it's for horses.

Having the powder classified as equestrian means they are completely off any FDA or similar radar - though I'm not trying to say being on an FDA radar means that much. But being completely off of it means you can import anything, you call it anything, you can handle it and store it any which way you want - all without risking anything. I mean, it's for animals.

This is what happens when Bayer Aspirin gets contaminated and kills you:
Bayer will be raided
They will have to recall numerous batches
They will get sued
Their reputation will suffer
Their stock will drop
Their directors and officers will get sued by shareholder

This is what happens when a Chinese horse aspirin gets contaminated and kills you:
They will hose off their tanks
Change the brand name and/or label
Wonder why a person would take their horse aspirin

People lie. Companies lie and cheat. Lying and cheating means profit. I work for a huge multinational company, and we lie day and night. What's to stop your Chinese aspirin maker from mixing in some melamine? I mean they add it to their infant formulas. Where do you think that puts your horse formula?

*I have nothing against AniMed, the guys just sell animal stuff

Perhaps you are right. Who knows? I made my decision to purchase based on the reviews by the humans who purchased it for their own consumption. Maybe those reviews are all fake and written by Chinese paid slave wages to do so. What is interesting is that under the heading
Customers who bought this item also bought Amazon.com: Thorne Research - Vitamin K2 Liquid (1 mg/drop) - Concentrated Vitamin K2 Supplement - 30 ml: Health & Personal Care

and not horse feed ...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals