Affordable Source Of Pcpa (fenclonine)

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi all,

There has been a lot of interest from members of this forum (including myself) to get our hands on the legendary substance pCPA (p-cholorophenyalanine), which will selectively and potently inhibit tryptophan hydroxylase and thus lower serotonin. Ray has written about its effects on sexuality/libido, but if you search PubMed you will see that it has a lot of other benefits including IBS/IBD, Chron's, osteoporosis, heart failure, cognition, MS, etc.
Anyways, long story short - after searching for months for a reliable source that does not charge an arm and a leg, I think I may have found one. Here is the link:
http://www.oakwoodchemical.com/Products ... arch=61111

I am placing an order for 25g and will give it a try. The human dosage seems to be in the range 2g-4g per day, so I will start with 2g a day and take it until I run out. In the human studies, effects were evident within 24-48 hours so I should be able to feel the change.
If someone else is willing to take the plunge and try it out as well maybe we can get the supplier to even give us a discount. I saw something on their website that they may offer up to 30% off to regular clients.
I am really excited about this find. This has been my Unicorn of all things Peat, so maybe the search is over!

lexis

Fenclonine, also known as para-chlorophenylalanine, is a synthetic amino acid which acts as a selective and irreversible inhibitor of tryptophan hydroxylase, which is a rate-limiting enzyme in the biosynthesis of serotonin

Would irreversible inhibitor of tryptophan hydroxylase be a concern in the long run ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
lexis said:
Fenclonine, also known as para-chlorophenylalanine, is a synthetic amino acid which acts as a selective and irreversible inhibitor of tryptophan hydroxylase, which is a rate-limiting enzyme in the biosynthesis of serotonin

Would irreversible inhibitor of tryptophan hydroxylase be a concern in the long run ?

Lexis, good catch. I was wondering about that too but the studies on PubMed seem to point out that after a washout period of 5-7 days your tryptophan hydroxylase activity is back to normal. Also, Fenclonine used to be a prescription drug for impotence and anhedonia back in the 1960s and 1970s, and if it did cause damage I would think that we would have heard some "horror stories" by now. I know several bodybuilders who are based in Europe and they use in on a regular basis. So far, they have not seen any bad side effects.
In any event, I'll let the forum know how it goes.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the info- I just placed an order. I've had an excellent response to cyproheptadine and lisuride for lowering seretonin and I'm excited to pCPA. It seems much easier to get and I won't have to worry about customs intercepting the delivery.

jaguar43

haidut said:
lexis said:

Lexis, good catch. I was wondering about that too but the studies on PubMed seem to point out that after a washout period of 5-7 days your tryptophan hydroxylase activity is back to normal. Also, Fenclonine used to be a prescription drug for impotence and anhedonia back in the 1960s and 1970s, and if it did cause damage I would think that we would have heard some "horror stories" by now. I know several bodybuilders who are based in Europe and they use in on a regular basis. So far, they have not seen any bad side effects.
In any event, I'll let the forum know how it goes.

Why are bodybuilders using fenclonine ? For weight Loss ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Bodybuilders are using it to increase natural testosterone production without injecting steroids. Also, for those that have been on steroids for a long time, testosterone production almost stops and they want to restart it again. Here is a quote from Ray:
http://raypeat.com/articles/aging/trypt ... ging.shtml

"...On the tryptophan-poor diet, the amount of serotonin in the brain decreased. When brain serotonin decreases, the level of testosterone in male animals increases. More than 20 years ago, a chemical (p-chlorophenylalanine) that inhibits serotonin synthesis was found to tremendously increase libido."

jaguar43

haidut said:
Bodybuilders are using it to increase natural testosterone production without injecting steroids. Also, for those that have been on steroids for a long time, testosterone production almost stops and they want to restart it again. Here is a quote from Ray:

"...On the tryptophan-poor diet, the amount of serotonin in the brain decreased. When brain serotonin decreases, the level of testosterone in male animals increases. More than 20 years ago, a chemical (p-chlorophenylalanine) that inhibits serotonin synthesis was found to tremendously increase libido."

Thanks, the website you posted. Will they sale to anyone or do you need to be a chemist or have some credentials to buy. I know from other chemical websites you need to be a chemist or something ? I am definitely interested in buying it.

Ben

Wouldn't there just be an increase in the number of serotonin receptors or in their sensitivity in the long run if you simply reduce serotonin? This is what happens when thyroid reduces adrenalin- although there is less adrenalin, there are more receptors created, while GABA increases and the number of GABA receptors decreases. Maybe restricting tryptophan with gelatin is different because there is more glycine and proline to prevent serotonin receptors from readjusting, they are anti-serotonergic. The studies that were done using pCPA were short-term, so that might not be enough time for receptors to readjust.

kiran

Increased sensitivity to hormones is a good thing though, a hallmark of young cells and youth in general.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
jag2594 said:
haidut said:

Thanks, the website you posted. Will they sale to anyone or do you need to be a chemist or have some credentials to buy. I know from other chemical websites you need to be a chemist or something ? I am definitely interested in buying it.

I have a company and listed its contact information on the order form. My company is not chemical in nature and nobody asked me to prove that I am a chemist. As soon as I registered on the website and listed my contact info, the system allowed me to add products to the shopping cart and order just like from Amazon. Somebody said that they already placed an order and it went through fine. Not sure if they have a company or not...

Ben

If this substance isn't illegal or a precursor to illegal drugs, I don't see why they would require you to be a chemist or have a company. You said you "registered", so did you need validation after you submitted your registration form?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ben said:
If this substance isn't illegal or a precursor to illegal drugs, I don't see why they would require you to be a chemist or have a company. You said you "registered", so did you need validation after you submitted your registration form?

Nope, no validation. Just filled out the form, which asked for company name and address. Since suppliers sometimes have discounts for B2B clients I entered my info and it took me straight to the shopping cart and allowed me to complete the order. I have not ordered anything yet, but will on Monday.
I have not seen anywhere that this substance is illegal or regulated as a drug, or requires a prescription, etc. It is, after all, just a slightly modified L-phenylalanine and is discussed everywhere as a common synthetic amino acid.

Ben

I have wondered if it's possible to synthesize it from phenylalanine, which is very cheap. Maybe it would be hard for a typical person, but someone on this forum with the means to synthesize it could do so and sell it. The prices on the website are still expensive considering it's a modified amino acid.

Some interesting factor that's at play: Apparently PCPA has a byproduct that can stimulate 5-HT release, so it might be something to consider.

http://hyper.ahajournals.org/cgi/reprint/2/3/243.pdf

Brain 5-HT levels can conveniently
be lowered by inhibiting tryptophan hydroxylase
by various means. For example, parachlorophenylalanine
(PCPA)17 is an irreversible inhibitor
of brain tryptophan hydroxylase. The structural
analogs of 5-HT, namely, 5,6- and 5,7-dihydroxytryptamine
(DHT) are relatively specific, cytotoxic
agents within the 5-HT system when injected directly
into the cerebral ventricles.18 Frequently, PCPA and
especially 5,6-DHT have been used in the study of 5-
HT-cardiovascular relationships (see below). Detailed
discussion of 5-HT neurotoxins can be found in a
recently published monograph."

Although it is generally assumed that the primary
effects of PCPA and DHT are to deplete the brain of
serotonin, recent behavioral studies have demonstrated
that PCPA can have central 5-HT agonist
properties when injected along with MAOI. It appears
that a decarboxylation product of PCPA, namely pchlorophenylethylamine
(PCPEA), and not PCPA
itself, produces the behavioral responses observed, apparently
by releasing stored 5-HT.*7
In another interesting experiment, Theron et al.M
administered PCPA to rats and observed that cardiac
tissue was resistant to the 5-HT depleting effects of
PCPA. A dose of 250 mg/kg i.p. led to a large increase
in the number of atrial-specific granules, and
evidence was also presented that indicated that after
PCPA treatment, these atrial granules retain 5-HT as
well as PCPEA.*8 Thus, it is possible that the resiliancy
of cardiac tissue to the 5-HT depleting effects of
PCPA as well as the 5-HT agonist properties of
PCPEA could contribute, at least in part, to the
variability in the BP changes seen after injections of
the large doses of PCPA that are typically used.
Finally, PCPA is not entirely specific in its depleting
actions on monoaminergic neurons. Substantial reductions
in brain CA levels have been observed
relatively soon after PCPA treatment.

narouz

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00401382#page-1

The Effects of p-Chlorophenylalanine, a Serotonin Depletor, on Avoidance Acquisition, Pain Sensitivity and Related Behavior in the Rat

"Serotonin concentration remains at about 10-15% of normal for several days after drug administration and slowly returns to normal levels over a period of about 10 days."

Blossom

Forum Supporter
When I ordered today I put in a business name and that I was the owner of that business. Nothing else was required like a tax id or anything. They emailed notifying me that my order was received. If I get a call or message about my business with any complications from them I will post the outcome. My business name listed is blossom beauty so if they are concerned about only supplying to chemists or scientist I'm sure I will hear something soon.

J

j.

Ben said:
Wouldn't there just be an increase in the number of serotonin receptors or in their sensitivity in the long run if you simply reduce serotonin? This is what happens when thyroid reduces adrenalin- although there is less adrenalin, there are more receptors created, while GABA increases and the number of GABA receptors decreases. Maybe restricting tryptophan with gelatin is different because there is more glycine and proline to prevent serotonin receptors from readjusting, they are anti-serotonergic. The studies that were done using pCPA were short-term, so that might not be enough time for receptors to readjust.

I'm no expert, but reasoning based on receptors might be unreliable if receptors don't exist, as Peat believes.

Ben

narouz said:
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00401382#page-1

The Effects of p-Chlorophenylalanine, a Serotonin Depletor, on Avoidance Acquisition, Pain Sensitivity and Related Behavior in the Rat

"Serotonin concentration remains at about 10-15% of normal for several days after drug administration and slowly returns to normal levels over a period of about 10 days."
Do you know of any long-term studies of pCPA? I'm curious about the metabolite of pCPA that increases serotonin release (which I mentioned in the post above you). Most serotonin is stored in platelets or taken up in the nerve cell anyway, but this metabolite increases release of serotonin. I wonder if this somehow limits the beneficial effects of pCPA, particularly with high doses or with long-term supplementation.

kiran said:
Increased sensitivity to hormones is a good thing though, a hallmark of young cells and youth in general.
Makes sense. After all, completely unresponsive receptors would be dead, while liveliness would increase with sensitivity.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yesterday I placed an order for pCPA and today I received an email informing me that the product was for research and development purposes only. They did not refuse to sell to me yet but did inquire what the end product would be. I responded that I was developing a topical skin care product and I was still in the development process. I guess I will wait and see the reply I get and post that for anyone interested.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals