Is It Safe To Take Aspirin For Animals?

jyb

You can dissolve the pharmacy aspirin in hot water and then filter the starchy particles. In fact you can do that with many pharma drugs - it is very often the case that the active ingredient is water soluble, in my experience.

OP
Parsifal

Parsifal

jyb said:
post 101724 You can dissolve the pharmacy aspirin in hot water and then filter the starchy particles. In fact you can do that with many pharma drugs - it is very often the case that the active ingredient is water soluble, in my experience.
If you have allergy to starch you don't get any symptoms by doing so?

Thanks for the tip!

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

Some people here do buy aspirin sold for animals, and have not reported problems. Other than that, I can't speak to safety.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It should be fine since it's USP grade.

jyb

Parsifal said:
post 101726
jyb said:
post 101724 You can dissolve the pharmacy aspirin in hot water and then filter the starchy particles. In fact you can do that with many pharma drugs - it is very often the case that the active ingredient is water soluble, in my experience.

Thanks for the tip!

No, I don't have allergies so I can't help. I just look around for the formulations that have the least problematic ingredients, then I dissolve in hot water and filter. I'm fine if a couple rice or maize particles still go through, hell I'm even fine eating an entire potato, but I stay clear from the more controversial ingredients like silica, titanium dioxide, etc.

schultz

Parsifal said:
post 101723 Hey guys, I intend to buy some aspirin but most brands are full of additives. I found an additive free powder http://www.amazon.com/AniMed-AniPrin-P- ... g=f038b-20 but seems that it is for animal. Do you think that it is safe for humans?

I've ingested more than a pound of "animal aspirin". It's just aspirin with no additives and it's like $10 for a pound. It would be silly not to buy it. I also use it for my goats and chickens :lol:

Daimyo

schultz said:
I've ingested more than a pound of "animal aspirin". It's just aspirin with no additives and it's like $10 for a pound. It would be silly not to buy it. I also use it for my goats and chickens :lol:

Why do you give aspirin to chickens and goats?

FredSonoma

jyb said:
post 101782
Parsifal said:
post 101726
jyb said:

Thanks for the tip!

No, I don't have allergies so I can't help. I just look around for the formulations that have the least problematic ingredients, then I dissolve in hot water and filter. I'm fine if a couple rice or maize particles still go through, hell I'm even fine eating an entire potato, but I stay clear from the more controversial ingredients like silica, titanium dioxide, etc.

What do you filter it with? Would a coffee filter work?

jyb

FredSonoma said:
post 111255
jyb said:
post 101782
Parsifal said:
post 101726
jyb said:

Thanks for the tip!

What do you filter it with? Would a coffee filter work?

I would use any filter or cloth.

DrJ

The BC powder is pure aspirin, but it also includes a little caffeine, so bonus!

tomisonbottom

Have you noticed it doesn't have a taste or smell?
I just got some and wasn't expecting that and wondering if it's normal because the gericare brand definitely had a scent and acidic taste

schultz

It seems to have no smell if it's relatively fresh. It tastes like sour candy or something like that to me. I sort of like it :):

schultz

Why do you give aspirin to chickens and goats?

If they injure themselves or are under general stress or if an animal looks like it's going to die. It's usually a guessing game with animals unless the vet is brought in, which is rare because you have to assess the worth of the animal vs the cost of the vet bill. I have seen someone with a rooster at the vet though... must have been some great rooster.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals