O

Oniyogini

Sure I would prefer to use aspirin made for humans any day. Aspro Clear does definitely work but it is excpensive for regular use. We tried the cheap version made in India and that doesn't seem to taste/smell/work like the real thing...

tara

I use Aspro Clear. Expensive, but I don't use all that much.

churchmouth

What about ordering USP aspirin powder from a lab supplier in AUS? I would be interested in having some bulk powder so I can whip up topical aspirin preparations for skin. And also when I need aspirin orally.

churchmouth

I'm in Perth. All the suggested animal aspirin sources were outrageously expensive to ship, and then in the end I still have animal aspirin...

chispas

Get Disprin. Go double strength or go home!

Tastes delicious dissolved in soda water.

I get a warning from the pharmacist every time I buy it. Losers.

DaveFoster

Wonder why a person would take their horse aspirin
:clap:

No one even takes aspirin any more. Everybody and their mother downs ibuprofen like it's the cure for cancer. Little do they know...

Elysium

:clap:

No one even takes aspirin any more. Everybody and their mother downs ibuprofen like it's the cure for cancer. Little do they know...

To be honest, ibuprofen works likes magic when I have fever or feel sick which is like twice a year. 30 minutes and my fever and my body ache is gone for at least 6 hours. No other medication does that to me. Certainly not Aspirin. I take 500mg of aspirin twice a day, everyday. Obviously not to alleviate any pain, but for Peat reason.

Before someone says it is ineffective because I take it daily, do know it has always been ineffective to me, even before peating. I've heard about aspirin resistance, which I clearly do have. I do wonder whether it makes sense to take it for the Peat reasons. I have no health issues to treat, so I can't tell if it's really doing anything at all.

aspirin is dirt cheap so this doesn't beggar credibility that a company is marketing it cheap. They are a marketer. Someone else makes the powder and packages it. So what.

Herbie

The Australian government stopped subsidising aspirin, so its relatively expensive now over double the price as before.

rr1

To everyone recommending ASPRO CLEAR, I think it would be best to look for a better alternative.

ASPRO CLEAR:
The other ingredients are citric acid, dioctyl sodium sulphosuccinate, lemon flavour, malic
acid, mannitol, polyvinylpyrollidone, saccharin sodium, sodium hydrogen carbonate, sodium
carbonate.

And for DISPRIN:
Calcium carbonate, maize starch, citric acid, talc, sodium lauryl sulphate, saccharin, crospovidone and lime flavour.

Last edited:

AlaskaJono

@Herbie or Any other Aussies:
What is the latest greatest deal on Aspirin. Dispirin is expensive relatively and has saccharin. Any vet supplies? I have researched some and Dm so and the horse paaaste stuff is available online. But aspirin no ;-(( ....
Still looking. I want to continue to do a 3.2 gm daily regimen, but am almost out of a bottle of cheap stuff sent over from the states pre covid. Just heat and serve... Cheers. Jono

A-Tim

I use Mayne baby aspirins. Haven't had any issues with it so far. I take it crushed in a a half cup of heated bone broth.

The bone broth has gelatin which is meant to help prevent stomach problems from aspirin. Since the bone broth is heated, the crushed aspirin leaves the corn starch at the bottom which I usually don't drink.

AlaskaJono

I use Mayne baby aspirins. Haven't had any issues with it so far. I take it crushed in a a half cup of heated bone broth.

The bone broth has gelatin which is meant to help prevent stomach problems from aspirin. Since the bone broth is heated, the crushed aspirin leaves the corn starch at the bottom which I usually don't drink.
Thanks A Tim. Yes I am letting my current pills get dissolved for at least 5 minutes, and don't consume the leftover white powder excipients. I will try and pick some up today. I am doing 2400 mg daily now, experiment for iron chelation, so it will be almost a 5 day supply. Cheers (Tastes sh*te).... um. Gulp....

Yes we do a bone broth 4-5 nights a week. I like to keep that sacred, for now anyway.

A-Tim

Fair enough. I have excess iron levels too and am donating blood to deal with it. I am interested to hear how your iron chelation experiment goes, especially if you are recording the before and after levels of ferritin or tsat.

You probably know this already since you frequent this forum, but at that dose you may want to consider supplemental vitamin k to offset excess bleeding risk.

Herbie

@Herbie or Any other Aussies:
What is the latest greatest deal on Aspirin. Dispirin is expensive relatively and has saccharin. Any vet supplies? I have researched some and Dm so and the horse paaaste stuff is available online. But aspirin no ;-(( ....
Still looking. I want to continue to do a 3.2 gm daily regimen, but am almost out of a bottle of cheap stuff sent over from the states pre covid. Just heat and serve... Cheers. Jono
I tried to import horse aspirin powder, it got siezed by the government and sent a letter how its illegal for me to import it.

I just buy the coles aspirin tablets which are 95 cents. I know they aren't pure but they work and don't cause issues. Ray Peat did mention to dissolve the aspirin tablets (not soluble ones) in water which allows the starch and additives to float to the top and the aspirin is left in the water, or something like that.

The soluble ones are worse because they have citric acid in them.

AlaskaJono

I tried to import horse aspirin powder, it got siezed by the government and sent a letter how its illegal for me to import it.

I just buy the coles aspirin tablets which are 95 cents. I know they aren't pure but they work and don't cause issues. Ray Peat did mention to dissolve the aspirin tablets (not soluble ones) in water which allows the starch and additives to float to the top and the aspirin is left in the water, or something like that.

The soluble ones are worse because they have citric acid in them.
Oh, those damn horse pill thieves... . Yeah, I just went to a larger Woolies about an hour and half away, and 24 pills @ 325 mg for 95 cents. So not bad. And yes, definitely I do the dissolve in hot water and stir a bit before I drink it. Lots of white chalky excipients at the bottom. These aspirin are made in India, so hope it is good enough! (Aspro is great, just bloody dear here.) Cheers.

Herbie

Oh, those damn horse pill thieves... . Yeah, I just went to a larger Woolies about an hour and half away, and 24 pills @ 325 mg for 95 cents. So not bad. And yes, definitely I do the dissolve in hot water and stir a bit before I drink it. Lots of white chalky excipients at the bottom. These aspirin are made in India, so hope it is good enough! (Aspro is great, just bloody dear here.) Cheers.
It was about not being allowed to compete with the equine industry. I wanted to write back and say there is no competition, I am the horse.

I think the woolworths and coles are the same product.