Ototoxicity From Cyproheptadine?

Mastemah

Which part? Theres a lot of education behind all of that. Thats a lot of study....

And so you know, it works. I've used it in my practice. My last client was assessed By the Mayo clinic and Barrows, both here in AZ where I live.

jyb

From my experience, I get tinnitus after short while of taking the following: aspirin, vitamin E, progest-E (which has both vit E and progesterone). Also, there are warnings about tinnitus side effects from antibiotics and anti-histamines (first post of this thread), although I never experienced it with cyproheptadine.

Tinnitus seems common in hypothyroidism. And RP says "anything that irritates the intestine can cause tinnitus by increasing endotoxin absorption".

In my experience, a few mg's of K2 can stop it (more effectively than vinegar ear drops). But I find it strange that vitamin E or progest-E can create this K2 deficiency. It doesn't seem related to intestine irritation, hard to believe that vitamin E (tip of tsp) or progest-E (a few drops on the lips and gums for absorption) could do that.

Peata

jyb said:
From my experience, I get tinnitus after short while of taking the following: aspirin, vitamin E, progest-E (which has both vit E and progesterone). Also, there are warnings about tinnitus side effects from antibiotics and anti-histamines (first post of this thread), although I never experienced it with cyproheptadine.

Tinnitus seems common in hypothyroidism. And RP says "anything that irritates the intestine can cause tinnitus by increasing endotoxin absorption".

In my experience, a few mg's of K2 can stop it (more effectively than vinegar ear drops). But I find it strange that vitamin E or progest-E can create this K2 deficiency. It doesn't seem related to intestine irritation, hard to believe that vitamin E (tip of tsp) or progest-E (a few drops on the lips and gums for absorption) could do that.

I read a while back on the forum that vitamin E can reduce K. I "think" that's what happened to me last spring when I was taking a lot of Progest -E. About a month into it, I had some issue with my wrist. I don't know for sure of course, but due to the timing, I suspected the E depleted K.

jyb

Peata said:
I read a while back on the forum that vitamin E can reduce K. I "think" that's what happened to me last spring when I was taking a lot of Progest -E. About a month into it, I had some issue with my wrist. I don't know for sure of course, but due to the timing, I suspected the E depleted K.

Yup. Need to balance A/D/K/E. Haidut's formula comes in handy.

Peata

jyb said:
Peata said:

Yup. Need to balance A/D/K/E. Haidut's formula comes in handy.

Did the formula stop your tinnitus? Are you able to take those other supplements without getting tinnitus from them?