Aspirin for insulin resistance while low-carbing

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No worries at all...I laughed out loud cuz I'm easily amused that way :oops:

Hit the preview button to bring up all the dancing baloney.

tara

Stac3y said:
I am the opposite end of the spectrum. I am hypoglycemic and always hungry. My stomach is growling within an hour after eating a well balanced dinner.

This was my experience too. What do you mean by a well-balanced dinner here? From what you've been writing in this thread, it doesn't sound like you've been eating well balanced meals for a while?

Most progesterone creams have very low concentrations of progesterone, and a high proportion of unhelpful ingredients, so it's apparently common for people to not find them terribly helpful. That's why a lot of us here are using progeste-e. I'm sure as a herbalist you understand that some plants can have some unhelpful effects. Excessive estrogenic substances can tend to promote a bunch of stress reactions in the body. It is much more common, according to Peat, for people to have too much estrogen, not too little. Increased stress hormones can sometimes make people feel better in the short term, but tend to have longer term health costs.

OP
S

Stac3y

My usual dinner is sauteed vegetable (broccoli, snow pea pods, onions, zucchini) with eggs or tofu. I use coconut oil to saute. 85% of the time, I need to eat within 2 hours. I suspect that I have increased coritsol levels at night, which also effects sleep. My breakfast and lunch is an organic salad with chicken breast and a fruit. I have done very well in terms of suppressing my hunger with these two salads a day. I keep low sugar protein bars as snacks, and will eat at least one per day. If I am really hungry, I have a piece of cheese (Swiss or Cheddar). My issue has always been feeling constant hunger, which is why I turned to Atkins, as it has kept me more satiated in the past.

I am estrogen dominant, but the effects of wild yam diosgenin clearly have a more progesterogenic effectiveness in my system, probably because I keep my gut flora healthy with probiotics and organic apple cider vinegar. Many of the most nourishing herbs an herbalist would recommend for health are estrogenic (nettles, red clover, raspberry leaves, oat straw...), as are many sprouts one would eat to stay healthy. I've also removed melatonin, as that inhibits thyroid function.

My Thyroid-S should be coming in today, and I would like to have that in my system for at least 2 weeks before I start a low fat version of Peat. I have the "test no-show" thyroid problems, and within a month of taking Thyro-Gold, my throat is no longer perpetually sore, and I am not as cold as usual. I suspect that the most important thing right now is getting my thyroid up and running before I shock my body with low fat high sugar.

jyb

Stac3y said:
My usual dinner is sauteed vegetable (broccoli, snow pea pods, onions, zucchini) with eggs or tofu. I use coconut oil to saute. 85% of the time, I need to eat within 2 hours. I suspect that I have increased coritsol levels at night, which also effects sleep. My breakfast and lunch is an organic salad with chicken breast and a fruit. I have done very well in terms of suppressing my hunger with these two salads a day. I keep low sugar protein bars as snacks, and will eat at least one per day. If I am really hungry, I have a piece of cheese (Swiss or Cheddar). My issue has always been feeling constant hunger, which is why I turned to Atkins, as it has kept me more satiated in the past.

If I were eating this, I would also be very hungry. Stressfully hungry.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Stac3y said:

I am estrogen dominant, but the effects of wild yam diosgenin clearly have a more progesterogenic effectiveness in my system, probably because I keep my gut flora healthy with probiotics and organic apple cider vinegar. Many of the most nourishing herbs an herbalist would recommend for health are estrogenic (nettles, red clover, raspberry leaves, oat straw...), as are many sprouts one would eat to stay healthy. I've also removed melatonin, as that inhibits thyroid function.

My Thyroid-S should be coming in today, and I would like to have that in my system for at least 2 weeks before I start a low fat version of Peat. I have the "test no-show" thyroid problems, and within a month of taking Thyro-Gold, my throat is no longer perpetually sore, and I am not as cold as usual. I suspect that the most important thing right now is getting my thyroid up and running before I shock my body with low fat high sugar.

If you keep eating tofu you'll remain estrogen dominant unless you drown yourself in progesterone daily. Eating tofu is like taking oral estrogen pills, in fact some of the flavones in tofu are stronger than estradiol. Tofu, probably through its estrogenic effects, has been implicated in breast cancer and dementia. Search the forum for "tofu dementia" for more information.
Also, Broccoli strongly suppresses the thyroid, and aside from its decent magnesium content is really just bulk with no nutrition in it. May I ask why are you eating these foods? I doubt it's for the "amazing" taste of tofu or broccoli.

OP
S

Stac3y

I doubt it's for the "amazing" taste of tofu or broccoli.

Actually, I really do love the taste and texture of tofu and broccoli--I am that much of a weirdo. I know I have to cut out all soy without question (I've always known that was a problem for thyroid issues), but broccoli several times a week may have to be one of my vices. I actually crave sauteed vegetables with oil.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Stac3y said:
I doubt it's for the "amazing" taste of tofu or broccoli.

Actually, I really do love the taste and texture of tofu and broccoli--I am that much of a weirdo. I know I have to cut out all soy without question (I've always known that was a problem for thyroid issues), but broccoli several times a week may have to be one of my vices. I actually crave sauteed vegetables with oil.

Understood:): If you have to have your broccoli I think even Peat would agree that the benefit you get from providing your brain with excitement probably outweighs the harm from the anti-thyroid substances inside. If you do sautee just try to use butter, ghee, or coconut oil.

tara

jyb said:
Stac3y said:

If I were eating this, I would also be very hungry. Stressfully hungry.

Me too. I used to think such were balanced meals too, and that there was something wrong with me for being starving hungry half an hour later.

OP
S

Stac3y

Can you give me an example of a day of meals for you? I do not know that I can eat as much shell fish as the diet requires, and I loath liver, so I know that I will have to have lean chicken as my primary meat. I actually like the salads (large salads with olive oil and vinegar), and they are incredibly convenient. The fruit is a recent addition as a small part of preparation for transferring to Peat next month.

tara

haidut said:
Also, Broccoli strongly suppresses the thyroid, and aside from its decent magnesium content is really just bulk with no nutrition in it. May I ask why are you eating these foods? I doubt it's for the "amazing" taste of tofu or broccoli.

And calcium? I have been occasionally indulging cravings for brocolli. Well boiled with butter. And enjoy the taste. :lol: I eat a lot less of it and enjoy it more than I used to when I thought the more the better. Now I'm going for zucchini and mushrooms.

jaa

Brocolli is one of my go-to dinner time side dishes. I usually eat it steamed and smothered in cheeses with some shellfish on the side. I can't imagine giving it up (not going to eat just melted cheese), but I think mixing it up with mushrooms or cauliflower or some other vegetable could help balance out the helpful and harmful stuff.

tara

Stac3y said:
Can you give me an example of a day of meals for you? I do not know that I can eat as much shell fish as the diet requires, and I loath liver, so I know that I will have to have lean chicken as my primary meat. I actually like the salads (large salads with olive oil and vinegar), and they are incredibly convenient. The fruit is a recent addition as a small part of preparation for transferring to Peat next month.
Not sure if this question is aimed at me or Haidut. I don't claim my diet to be either ideal or that it best incorporates all Peat's ideas, but I've not spent much time really hungry the last year, and I've been often sleeping through the night. This is common but I do vary it a bit.
Breakfast 1:OJ + 1-2 eggs fried or scrambled in butter + a little chicken neck stock
Breakfast 2: ~20-40 g liver fried in coconut oil + either AJ or coke or sweet milky coffee.
Morning: lots more AJ
Lunch: meat - lamb/beef/fish/shellfish/lean chicken + sometimes some vegetables + sweet milky coffee with gelatine.
Afternoon: a little more juice, sometimes chocolate and/or fruit, water to thirst
Dinner: soup of beef or lamb stock, well-boiled veges (eg onion, garlic, ginger, leafy greens, sometimes mushrooms, capsicum, tomato), alittle chicken neck stock + OJ. Sometimes a little potato - boiled with butter or baked chips in coconut oil. Sometimes a little veges - lately zucchini and mushrooms, or cucumber.
Desert or supper: + sweet milky coffee with gelatine, fruit salad - seasonal fruit + occasional tropical additions. Or fruit stewed with sugar. This week i had stewed peaches jellied with gelatine. Sometimes a little cream or icecream.
Before bed and by the bed for night snacks: more AJ, dates
Sometimes random other things for cravings or social reasons.
I keep dates and crystalised ginger in the glovebox so I never have to drive hungry.

I don't measure and tally, but I'm guessing I get at least 300 g sugar on many days, from juice, milk, chocolate, sucrose.

I seem to have trouble if I drink too much milk or homemade fresh cheese, unfortunately, and have even more trouble with most bought cheeses. Otherwise I would drink and eat a lot more milk and cheese, and eat less meat, because I love milk and cheesecake, and it would give better calcium:phosphorus ratio and better amino acid ratios.
I also supplement some vitamins and minerals regularly.

jyb

Stac3y said:

How about a glass of fresh milk, coffee and some dairy cream... There's no energy to use in shellfish, salad or chicken, only a bit of minerals and proteins.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals