Aspirin: Testimonials, And Questions Answered

Pet Peeve

I wonder what happened and if @Pet Peeve got good results. Hope so.

I'm fine, thanks :) I can't take aspirin for several days in a row because of the bleeding but I do take some once in a while if I have a headache or hangover etc. I tried to soldier through it but it just got worse.

LUH 3417

Why not use the Horse aspirin? You can buy it on Amazon - One pound of pure acetylsalicylic acid for $6-$10. Of course it comes with all the cautions and scare tactics to keep it out of the hands of thinking people. I believe I'm going to give it a try.

Acetylsalicylic Acid
Active Ingredients:
Each pound contains:
Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) – 454 grams

They also have flavored aspirin as well: Acetylsalicylic Acid Aspirin 226,573 mg Sucrose q.s. Apple Flavor q.s
I bought this and it smells like vinegar. I guess it's the acetic acid. Does that mean it's been broken down too much to be therapeutic?

X3CyO

I think aspirin is a great tool, but when I take either more than a gram or .5g for a few days ill get weird anticipatory anxiety for days after especially when it comes to driving which ive never had before until now. Because of that ive decided to stop until further notice.

Frankdee20

Aspirin is highly detrimental to the gut's barrier function. The answer posted earlier in this thread from Ray does not address the frequent findings of increased intestinal permeability, ulceration and other clear signs of gut damage in aspirin users. There are many different approaches that have been taken to reduce this damage, including addition of buffering agents (i.e. Bufferin) which help disperse it, enteric coatings (which only serve to move the injured areas further down the small intestine), and addition of vitamin C (somewhat effective but only available in select european formulations).

Should I stop Aspirin then ? Only been doing it infrequently. Still on the same 100 pill bottle from months back

Frankdee20

I often take anywhere from 325-975 mg (1-3 pills) aspirin. Always with food, always dissolved in hot water water with a couple teaspoons (i dont measure but roughly) baking soda; never ANY issues (been doing it over 2 years now, never blood in stools or any pain to indicate gut/intestine damage or ulceration).

I do supplement vitamin k2

When I eat a fatty meal I get a craving for it haha, especially if its late
Is the baking soda for alkalinity solely ?

meatbag

"
There is salsalate, sodium salicylate, caalcium salicylate, magnesium salicylate, etc. You can buy them all freely online (except maybe salsalate). However, they all metabolize into salicylic acid and likely have the same side effects as aspirin.
Combining aspirin with baking soda to form sodium salicylate seems to prevent its effects on GI system and some of its ototoxicity."
-@haidut
Aspirin Alternatives?

"
Or, if you already have mucosal damage. Didn't you mention something about having a gastritis / duodenitis?
There is another study showing that even i rats with ulcers combining aspirin with baking soda prevented almost fully the irritation caused by aspirin. If that is the case then Alka-Seltzer is your friend or you make your own. The ideal mixing ratio is 2:6 for aspirin to baking soda. This means 2,000mg aspirin (6 tablets) to a teaspoon (6g) of baking soda."

"Adding even 1tsp gelatin or some glycine can eliminate the side effects of aspirin and improve its absorption. I posted a study long time ago that the side effects of aspirin in the stomach can be simply due to glycine depletion."

"
Pretty much what Ray said - i.e. studies in which aspirin was shown to cause damage used extremely high doses designed to produce damage, and for most people using aspirin therapeutically this is not an issue.
Bottom line - in doses equivalent to human doses of 1,000mg-1,500mg using oral administration aspirin alone does NOT cause damage to the GI tract."
-haidut
Aspirin Does NOT Cause Damage To Stomach Or Intestines

Last edited:

fradon

hm, I don't think I understood the vitamin K thing at the time... darn. iiiiidiot! heh

Ah well, live n learn!

And no, no nose bleeding.

I was told that if I stop NSAIDs and take gelatine I should be able to heal up ok? All I care about at the moment is healing it...
gelatin and sulfate is said to be helpful

KyrieEleison

I have developed intestinal pain from use of aspirin. I had been taking aspirin for a few weeks starting with 300mg and increasing over time to 1200mg. I had been taking 3 pills at once and one time afterwards got a pain in a spot in my intestines. I stopped all aspirin and this pain has lingered for a week now and although reduced there is still a dull pain in the same spot. What should I do to repair any damage i have caused? Can I just wait it out? (I am indeed aware of the mistakes I made and will rectify them when healed).

Frankdee20

I have developed intestinal pain from use of aspirin. I had been taking aspirin for a few weeks starting with 300mg and increasing over time to 1200mg. I had been taking 3 pills at once and one time afterwards got a pain in a spot in my intestines. I stopped all aspirin and this pain has lingered for a week now and although reduced there is still a dull pain in the same spot. What should I do to repair any damage i have caused? Can I just wait it out? (I am indeed aware of the mistakes I made and will rectify them when healed).

Aspirin is powerful so I think three at once is a lot. Glutamine and Glycine and maybe Vitamin A and Licorice can help heal the lining.

Frankdee20

I know people think Licorice is Estrogenic but it's used to heal gastric ulcers in the non modified form, drink as a tea

Wagner83

Someone made a thread about the link between vitamin C and aspirin.

KyrieEleison

Aspirin is powerful so I think three at once is a lot. Glutamine and Glycine and maybe Vitamin A and Licorice can help heal the lining.

Thank you it means a lot to me that you both replied to help me. I'm guessing full fat milk and orange juice and gelatine are ample enough sources for glycine glutamine and vitamin c?

God bless you

Frankdee20

Thank you it means a lot to me that you both replied to help me. I'm guessing full fat milk and orange juice and gelatine are ample enough sources for glycine glutamine and vitamin c?

God bless you

I just posted in another thread, Kiwis and Guavas are great sources of Vitamin C by weight.

fradon

you might have intestional lesion or inflamation from the aspirin. becareful too much aspiring can kill spots of your intestine.

Frankdee20

I never mess with more than standard tablet on a full belly. I'm sure occasionally boozing with Aspirin doesn't help though