Aspirin Against Sunburn

schultz

Update: I think I tried every tip in this thread except the vinegar, but I didn't notice any difference from past sunburns or between the areas treated externally vs. untreated. This burn was worse than most I've had, so it may have just been beyond treatment, though there wasn't any pain beyond a little bit on the most sensitive areas of the scalp if I pressed on them (I normally don't get pain even with redness), even though one area was burned badly enough to cause some swelling. There still is some redness and peeling on my arms. The sun was stronger and hotter that day than any day I can recall in about 8 years. Guess I'll try the vinegar next. :D

I was out in the sun for something like 6 hours a few days ago doing work and got a very red burn accompanied by pain and that hot feeling on the skin. I knew I would be uncomfortable sleeping so I rubbed coconut oil on all the burned area and then progest-e on top of that (quite a bit). Within 10 minutes the pain and hot feeling was gone. I went to bed and in the morning the redness was gone and all of it was a tan. I didn't get any skin peeling at all.

NathanK

Im thinking about doing an experiment with Mitolipin, PUFA, and sun burning by putting Mitolipin on one shoulder for 2-3 weeks and then go outside for a day to see if the lowered local PUFA status makes a difference.

I thought of this a couple days ago after returning from a day at the water park with no protection. Id been applying Mitolipin on my lower belly and taking internally the past month and noticed no redness there, but i did have a bit on my shoulders and neck.

tinkerer

I was out in the sun for something like 6 hours a few days ago doing work and got a very red burn accompanied by pain and that hot feeling on the skin. I knew I would be uncomfortable sleeping so I rubbed coconut oil on all the burned area and then progest-e on top of that (quite a bit). Within 10 minutes the pain and hot feeling was gone. I went to bed and in the morning the redness was gone and all of it was a tan. I didn't get any skin peeling at all.
Yes, I'm using both progest-e and coconut oil, thanks, as I have both. I think the coconut oil helps a bit, though the difference between the treated and untreated side is slight. I think I'm finally noticing that slight difference, as the peeling is virtually gone on the treated side, with one spot of it left on the untreated arm, though the difference is so slight, it would probably be considered negligible by most.

Maybe the fact that I was already following a Peaty way of life, including many of these internal and external therapeutics at least occasionally is the reason I haven't noticed much difference from using them more than usual to treat a sunburn. I don't know.

In the early days after the sunburn, it seemed like a gelatin mask/application was the most soothing treatment, though more of a hassle than other things like coconut oil. It seems like the topical gelatin and coconut oil, plus a clay and aloe vera mixture I use rather regularly anyway (but it was a bit too rough to use for the first couple days), have been the best therapeutics for me overall. I hadn't tried the topical gelatin for sunburn before and I'm sufficiently pleased with it to add that to future sunburn regimens, though I hope I won't need it. :D

I've never noticed anything at all from progest-e, including before this sunburn treatment. I had high hopes for it given the very positive reports for it, but it has been a disappointment.

Last edited:

schultz

In the early days after the sunburn, it seemed like a gelatin mask/application was the most soothing treatment, though more of a hassle than other things like coconut oil. It seems like the topical gelatin and coconut oil, plus a clay and aloe vera mixture I use rather regularly anyway (but it was a bit too rough to use for the first couple days), have been the best therapeutics for me overall. I hadn't tried the topical gelatin for sunburn before and I'm sufficiently pleased with it to add that to future sunburn regimens, though I hope I won't need it. :D

I've never noticed anything at all from progest-e, including before this sunburn treatment. I had high hopes for it given the very positive reports for it, but it has been a disappointment.

Never heard of the gelatin being used for this. Seems interesting though!

I'm really surprised the progest-e did nothing for you. It has amazing actions anytime I get a cut or burn. It's like a miracle! I don't use it on a day to day basis as I am a man, but my wife uses it and we also keep it for first aid (Ray thinks everyone should have a bottle for first aid, especially for head trauma where it could possibly make a major difference).

tinkerer

Yeah, I don't understand either why I get no noticeable effect from progest-e given the positive reports. I had high hopes for it. How is it used with head trauma and how does it work for that?

tinkerer

BTW, I think that one way the clay mixture may have helped a bit is by increasing the CO2 at the surface of the skin, like with Ray Peat's story about the frog that was covered with concrete and survived for decades unharmed and his reports about CO2 being anti-aging. Protective CO2 and aging

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals