How soon would aspirin problems be noticeable?

Discussion in 'Aspirin' started by Peata, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Peata

Peata Member

I don't take a lot of aspirin compared to many Peaters. Less than an aspirin per day, usually. I've been taking it for almost 2 months. I have no problems from it that I can tell. I don't get nosebleeds, no changes in stool, etc. I've always had some degree of tinnitus since I was a kid, so I wouldn't be able to tell if there was a problem that way, I guess.

So for those who had problems, I'm wondering how long they took to show up.

2. jyb

jyb Member

"less than an aspirin per day"? That can be quite a lot. I believe you'd get a lot of the published benefits with just a baby dose.

If I take an aspirin a day without K2 (supplement or quality dairy), I notice some odd nosebleed after a few weeks max (usually after a few days).

3. kiran

kiran Member

I can tolerate an aspirin a day for quite a while, but taking two aspirin a day without K2 results in dizziness due to the blood thinning within a few days.

4. OP
    Peata

Peata Member

Thank you guys for the helpful responses.

I just take a nibble off an aspirin several times per day. I don't know exactly how much I'm taking, but it looks to be 1/2 an aspirin. I take up to an aspirin per day if I have pain, such as menstrual, muscular ache, headache, etc, but that is an occasional thing.

I don't supplement K but I do get some in my diet nearly everyday. I checked cronometer, and I average 24% of the K RDA during the last 7 days.

I haven't had any nosebleed or anything, even with blowing my nose more due to allergy problems the last several days.

5. Jenn

Jenn Member

If I take more than I am used to, I get spontaneous bruising. When I first started, I could get by with 2 per day. If I took 3 per day for more than a day or 2, I would see a small bruise some where that I didn't remember smacking.

Nowadays 18 in a day may or may not induce a bruise (primarily a winter craving). I don't supplement K, but do drink grass fed milk and eat gelatin.

6. tomisonbottom

tomisonbottom Member

Wow, do you regularly take 18/day? I take a few a day depending on aches/pains. Can I ask what do you take it for?