Aspirin Sabotaging Weight Loss Efforts

cmdshiftdel

Hi guys,

I've been working out moderately (walking, weight lifting, etc) for two weeks now but have seen absolutely no results. Usually with this kind of effort I should have lost at least two pounds by now, given my caloric restriction and expenditure.

I am controlling my caloric intake (its not too low, just right), I feel warm and energetic, everything is in balance with my supps except I keep having the nagging feeling that the aspirin is sabotaging my efforts.

I take around 1g per day and balancing it with Vitamin K (thorne). Since aspirin is an antilipolytic, should someone like me, who is looking to lose a few pounds, take it while working out? I'm interested in your thoughts on this.

For the sake of experimentation, I am going to stop taking it for a week or two. I know that losing weight will have some temporary bad side effects while I burn through the PUFA's, but I'm okay with that. Once I get down in weight I plan on resuming aspirin. I'll keep you guys posted on progress here.

superhuman

aspirin should help your fat loss effort, not sabotage it. It increases your metabolism, reduce estrogen, help liver detox fat etc etc, help you use the sugar you eat and just so much more. Its a miracle drug

RayOfHope

Since you are working out, isn't it likely that you are gaining muscle and therefore the scale might not be the most accurate assessment of what's going on with your body? Have you tried taking measurements? Or, do your clothes fit differently? 

I use an impedance scale and tend to look at the body fat/muscle ratio more than weight. Granted, I don't think it is particularly accurate, but it does help to see trends. I don't even think the scale is important, I prefer the how-I-feel/how-I-look-naked method. ;)

Two weeks is a pretty short period of time, IMO. And water weight is a huge variable, as well.

I have zero experience with aspirin and I don't take any supplements. It has taken me a year to hone-in with food alone and get to the point where I am considering supplements (only to increase temp, something I have not been able to do with diet).

The most important thing might be how you FEEL overall. You mentioned feeling warm and energetic (two huge WINS, in my opinion!), but are you stressing about losing weight?

OP
cmdshiftdel

cmdshiftdel

Argh! Thanks for the responses - I'm terribly conflicted about this. Aspirin has been great to me.

I'm not stressing about losing weight per-say, just working out moderately but diligently and persistently. One year ago this kind of rally produced normal results (about 1 lb per week). Currently I'm seeing no results and the only difference is aspirin. Diet is 99% Peat and I'm watching my calories. I'm about 20 lbs over my ideal weight.

I took measurements and lb numbers down - I'm actually up everywhere. My clothes fit worse :( But I feel stronger - i.e. I can do more pushups with more ease. I know some of it is muscle, but no discernible fat loss anywhere is puzzling.

Now I'm not a bio chem major, so when I see the word antilipolytic I may be drawing completely wrong conclusions. Does anyone here know more about aspirin's antilipolytic effect? Am I inferring correctly that it decreases fat burning (lipolysis?)? If so, why is it common to hear about aspirin included in bodybuilder's infamous ECA stacks?

And I just found this article about aspirin's fat burning mechanism:
http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/ ... 481356.htm

So, I'm more confused than ever.

forterpride

Argh! Thanks for the responses - I'm terribly conflicted about this. Aspirin has been great to me.

I'm not stressing about losing weight per-say, just working out moderately but diligently and persistently. One year ago this kind of rally produced normal results (about 1 lb per week). Currently I'm seeing no results and the only difference is aspirin. Diet is 99% Peat and I'm watching my calories. I'm about 20 lbs over my ideal weight.

I took measurements and lb numbers down - I'm actually up everywhere. My clothes fit worse :( But I feel stronger - i.e. I can do more pushups with more ease. I know some of it is muscle, but no discernible fat loss anywhere is puzzling.

Now I'm not a bio chem major, so when I see the word antilipolytic I may be drawing completely wrong conclusions. Does anyone here know more about aspirin's antilipolytic effect? Am I inferring correctly that it decreases fat burning (lipolysis?)? If so, why is it common to hear about aspirin included in bodybuilder's infamous ECA stacks?

And I just found this article about aspirin's fat burning mechanism:
http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/ ... 481356.htm

So, I'm more confused than ever.

So whats the verdict on this..does Aspirin prevent fat loss? Here I am taking like a gram at least a day and thinking maybe thats why the little bit of stubborn belly fat I have left wont go away.

phobologe

I am currently taking about 3,5grams of aspirin per day (uncoupling dosage, that can found here in the forum), but fat loss is working well. Possibly it has to do something with the my high coffee intake (~20 cups a day).

Maybe someone knows how aspirin hinders fat loss or not.

m_arch

I am currently taking about 3,5grams of aspirin per day (uncoupling dosage, that can found here in the forum), but fat loss is working well. Possibly it has to do something with the my high coffee intake (~20 cups a day).

Do you incorporate any thing else or just hit the caffeine and aspirin?

phobologe

Do you incorporate any thing else or just hit the caffeine and aspirin?
Some testosterone, nandrolone, physiological dosage of t3 and few supps like theanine, taurine, ... but nothing like ephedrine or other "fat loss promoting drugs".

OldMan

Hi guys,

I've been working out moderately (walking, weight lifting, etc) for two weeks now but have seen absolutely no results. Usually with this kind of effort I should have lost at least two pounds by now, given my caloric restriction and expenditure.

I am controlling my caloric intake (its not too low, just right), I feel warm and energetic, everything is in balance with my supps except I keep having the nagging feeling that the aspirin is sabotaging my efforts.

I take around 1g per day and balancing it with Vitamin K (thorne). Since aspirin is an antilipolytic, should someone like me, who is looking to lose a few pounds, take it while working out? I'm interested in your thoughts on this.

For the sake of experimentation, I am going to stop taking it for a week or two. I know that losing weight will have some temporary bad side effects while I burn through the PUFA's, but I'm okay with that. Once I get down in weight I plan on resuming aspirin. I'll keep you guys posted on progress here.
What PUFAs are you burning through? It sounds like there is what I call "Overlap Failure" goin on.... thats when a person fails to get the results they want when theres too much overlap ... an example.... taking aspirin and consuming fats (even if saturated)...restricting calories ..and sugar while having weight to lose or some problem to resolve....

Last edited:

forterpride

How much fat do you consume approximately? Thanks.

What PUFAs are you burning through? It sounds like there is what I call "Overlap Failure" goin on.... thats when a person fails to get the results they want when theres too much overlap ... an example.... taking aspirin and consuming fats (even if saturated)...restricting calories ..and sugar while having weight to lose or some problem to resolve....

Can you please elaborate on taking the aspirin and consuming fats? Thank you.

phobologe

How much fat do you consume approximately? Thanks.

Can you please elaborate on taking the aspirin and consuming fats? Thank you.

I consume about 160g of fat (coconut oil) with quite little carbs. Works for me better than weight loss with high carb and low fat.

forterpride

I consume about 160g of fat (coconut oil) with quite little carbs. Works for me better than weight loss with high carb and low fat.

Oh. Wow. I'm like the complete opposite. I consume about a cup of sugar a day at least and very little fat. Maybe 20-30 grams a day. Lol. I'm afraid to cut carbs low because I feel great on high carbs.

phobologe

Oh. Wow. I'm like the complete opposite. I consume about a cup of sugar a day at least and very little fat. Maybe 20-30 grams a day. Lol. I'm afraid to cut carbs low because I feel great on high carbs.

I think everyone should try what works best for himself. I also tried high carb with quite low fat. For weight loss it kills my performance and feels cruel for me. But when I am on a hypercaloric diet, high carb works fine for me.

forterpride

I think everyone should try what works best for himself. I also tried high carb with quite low fat. For weight loss it kills my performance and feels cruel for me. But when I am on a hypercaloric diet, high carb works fine for me.

Did you cut fat down when you went high carb high calorie? If so...how low?

natedawggh

Hi guys,

Aspirin absolutely would not sabotage weight loss. It's probably your calorie counting. You have to eat more sugar. If sugar is converted to fat you have high iron and should chelate using coriander (cilantro)

D

Deleted member 5487

So whats the verdict on this..does Aspirin prevent fat loss? Here I am taking like a gram at least a day and thinking maybe thats why the little bit of stubborn belly fat I have left wont go away.

Yes both asprin and niacinamide induce weight gain on the belly for me. When I quit taking them the stomach flattens out. Sadly Both aspirin and niacinamide zap my anxiety

Seleniodine

Hi there, I saw this from haidut in a post about thyroid.

"Also, while I agree with Peat that aspirin increases ogyxen consumption it actually directly blocks fat oxidation in addition to inhibiting lipolysis so it's something to keep in mind as well. That may be the reason why Peat says he only uses aspirin sporadically, sometimes taking 500mg daily and other times "just a little". "

Surrogates For Thyroid Hormone

dand

@haidut per these comments you’re quoted in above, what’s your latest thoughts concerning aspirin inhibiting fat loss? I was going to try the uncoupling dose of 3.5 grams doe a while. I feel amazing on a gram of aspen a few times a day.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut per these comments you’re quoted in above, what’s your latest thoughts concerning aspirin inhibiting fat loss? I was going to try the uncoupling dose of 3.5 grams doe a while. I feel amazing on a gram of aspen a few times a day.

I still think aspirin does have that effect that range of 1g-1.5g daily. The 3g dose may actually compensate for this a little bit since at that dose it starts to uncouple mitochondria and that may compensate for the decreased lipolysis.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals