Talc in Aspirin

Dan W

Beebop, which veterinary aspirin were you looking at? I have this one, and the label (and one of the reviews) implies it's pure aspirin.

Just to be sure, I'll e-mail them. I've been using it mostly topically where additives are less of a concern.

Dan W

Beebop, I ended up calling Vedco, and they confirmed that the aspirin they make is just acetylsalicylic acid with no flavorings or excipients. I think the UK aspirin listing is just a copy-and-paste error from another product. And from what I can tell from the "manufacturer reference number", you'll be getting the same product as the US listing.

Beebop

Dan, thank you very much! Let me know if you ever try it internally (and live to tell the tale ;) )
Much appreciated :)

Dan W

Beebop said:
Let me know if you ever try it internally (and live to tell the tale ;) )
I've used it internally maybe a dozen times, and I'm largely still alive :)

Since it sounds like your only other option includes talc, I'd give the powder a try, personally. I'm not convinced that the quality-control on "for human" products is that much better :)

jaa

Attachments

• 2015-09-10 18.46.53.jpg
    2015-09-10 18.46.53.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 82

jaa

Just heard back from the manufacturer about the above product. No added ingredients, just pure aspirin powder.

Surfari

Dan Wich said:
Beebop said:
Let me know if you ever try it internally (and live to tell the tale ;) )
I've used it internally maybe a dozen times, and I'm largely still alive :)

Since it sounds like your only other option includes talc, I'd give the powder a try, personally. I'm not convinced that the quality-control on "for human" products is that much better :)

Hi Dan, Can you tell me how you measure the powdered aspirin? I'm confused when I compare a aspirin tablet (325mg) to my 100 mg scoop (which I got from Beyond Century for something else). Or does it have to do with weight?

This is my first time writing - so hello everyone - so glad I found you.
Thanks,
Ann

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ann, welcome to the forum. :welcome

Dan W

aphilipp1 said:
Hi Dan, Can you tell me how you measure the powdered aspirin? I'm confused when I compare a aspirin tablet (325mg) to my 100 mg scoop (which I got from Beyond Century for something else). Or does it have to do with weight?
Hi Ann, and I echo Charlie's welcome!

It is by weight, so your other scoop won't necessarily be accurate. I'm not even sure that different aspirin powders have the same volume/weight ratio. But for the Vedco powder I have, I use 1/32 tsp to get (very roughly) 325mg. If you don't have something that can measure that small, I can take a picture of the dose so you can eyeball it, or track down the measuring spoons I bought online.

Surfari

Thanks Dan, that's exactly what I needed. I also have the Vedco powder and I see some of the small measuring spoons on line, so I'll order some.
Thanks also for the nice welcome.
Ann

loess

My bag of veterinary aspirin arrived yesterday. Gotta say, receiving a big bag of white powder in the mail is fun in a twisted sort of way. It's like, the closest I'll ever get to the life of a coked-out 1980s rock star blue-haired glitter happyland. Anyway the crystals in this stuff are fairly sizable and don't dissolve very easily. How do you guys take this stuff, are you putting it in gel-caps or just shotgunning a pinch with an OJ chaser or what? I have this nagging fear that if I don't dissolve it first it will give me a stomachache so I've been pouring hot water over it like a tea then stirring it and gulping it down (I do the 1/32 teaspoon like Dan said).

jyb

loess said:
My bag of veterinary aspirin arrived yesterday. Gotta say, receiving a big bag of white powder in the mail is fun in a twisted sort of way. It's like, the closest I'll ever get to the life of a coked-out 1980s rock star blue-haired glitter happyland. Anyway the crystals in this stuff are fairly sizable and don't dissolve very easily. How do you guys take this stuff, are you putting it in gel-caps or just shotgunning a pinch with an OJ chaser or what? I have this nagging fear that if I don't dissolve it first it will give me a stomachache so I've been pouring hot water over it like a tea then stirring it and gulping it down (I do the 1/32 teaspoon like Dan said).

I think that even for the regular aspirin, you need hot water for it dissolved completely (if you need it to be prior to consumption, to filter impurities). At least, I feel a difference in taste: the lightly acid taste only comes when it was with hot water.

Mastemah

I've been using Aniniprin P for a couple of years now. Usually 2-6 x 1/16 of a tsp. haven't died yet:) just so you know....

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Mastemah said:
Almost forgot . Ray mentioned talc having asbestos in it...
:eek

jyb

Mastemah said:
Almost forgot . Ray mentioned talc having asbestos in it...

Let's hope a cloth filter is enough for those aspirin tablets...

loess

Forgive me for bordering on Captain Obvious here but, to be sure: so I can just mix the pure aspirin powder in water (hot or not) and gulp it down without worrying about if any of it is dissolved?

Dan W

loess said:
Forgive me for bordering on Captain Obvious here but, to be sure: so I can just mix the pure aspirin powder in water (hot or not) and gulp it down without worrying about if any of it is dissolved?
I find that adding some baking soda helps fully dissolve the aspirin (credit to Dewitt, I think?). I've been playing around with mixing it into milk (along with baking soda) just to cut back on liquids, though it's hard to see whether it's dissolved that way.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals