Aspirin & Pulse?

ejalrp

Today I took roughly 1 gram of aspirin within a few hours (I had a migraine headache and just wanted to see if it would help). Within an hour or so I noticed I was breathing faster than usual and it was both odd and a bit uncomfortable). I checked my pulse twice and it was 39! Now I normally have a pretty low pulse rate (52 or so these days which I'm trying to raise) but I've never seen anything close to 39 before. Is there any connection between aspiring and heart rate? Many thanks.

tara

I checked my pulse twice and it was 39!
Don't know the answer to your question, but that's pretty low!

How about giving us a bit more context?
Usual temps?
Any thyroid hormone labs?
What and how much do you typically eat?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm just concerned that something you are taking for your high blood pressure could be further decreasing your already low heart rate. That's the most obvious possibility to me at this time. Just to be safe I would contact the doctor who prescribed your blood pressure meds if your heart rate doesn't go back to at least what is normal for you. If it decreases further it could quickly become a medical emergency so please keep your pulse monitored for any changes. I hope this issue resolves for you soon.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Watch out specifically for fatigue and dizziness as signs that your bradycardia (low heart rate) is symptomatic and you may need medical attention to get things stabilized. This isn't from Peat but knowledge from personal experience.

OP
E

ejalrp

A few hours later and my pulse is back up to my typical 52. The only 'symptom' I had with the 39 pulse was the moderate increase in my rate of breathing and a slight feeling of trying to catch my breath. I wasn't dizzy. For breakfast I had a tall glass of milk blended with a half banana so nothing unusual there. The only thing that was unusual (in addition to the migraine) was the fairly large dose of aspirin. If it happens again I'll consult a doctor. I'd like to say I'm a world class athlete and 39 is a normal pulse rate for me, but alas, I'm only in decent shape. Thanks for the concern. Blossom, thanks for pointing out my high blood pressure. I'm heading over to my original post on that now as there has been some very positive developments that may help others with the hypertension.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Great! I'm glad things have improved.:blush:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals