Seeking advice for high pulse rate and criteria for supplementing thyroid

OkayByTheSea

About:
Male, 54, Muscular,

Symptoms:
  • High pulse rate for over two years. Averages 90 BPM stationary per FitBit algorithm.
  • Fatigue
  • Hair loss
  • facial edema
  • generalized anxiety (though easily controlled by B vitamins and/or breathing exercises)

Diet (most days) (Peating for seven years):
Milk: 2 quarts, Casein: 15 grams, OJ: 2 quarts, 2 eggs, Cheese: 300 grams, Gelatin: 20 grams, fruits, coconut oil: 4 tsp.

Supplements:
Cynoplus about 1 grain. Sporadic T3, the tiniest amount, say 20 dust particles. Allithiamine 300mg, Magnesium Glycinate: 400 mg, Aspirin: 2 grams/week/distributed

General information:
My average walk per Fitbit is 11,000 steps a day. I occasionally walk 30,000 steps without any issues. My digestion is generally acceptable; however, my heart rate increases with a heavy meal. I cannot digest coffee, and I get stress reactions that can stay for 24 hours. Caffeine also raises my blood pressure for the next day or so. I have done long-term (~six-month) experiments with coffee, and the stress reaction from caffeine was never surpassed. I sleep, per Fitbit, over 6 hours and 45 minutes per night.
Sugar makes me sleepy; protein keeps me focused and energetic, and so does coconut oil.

Concerns:
My TSH was never high; it was so low that the physician thought I could be borderline hyperthyroidic. However, I never had any symptoms of hyperthyroidism. Peat believed that Hyperthyroidism is extremely rare, and based on my diet from my previous life, I was almost surely hypothyroidic. My temperatures were never low. My pulse was generally higher, even before I peated. But I had a slew of hypothyroidic symptoms, like weight gain, hair loss, generalized anxiety, digestive issues, etc., so, I started supplementing with Cynoplus/Cytomel. I have had some benefits, but it never fixed the core issue (if there was one). Recently, I ran out of Cynoplus, so I tried TyroMax (1/2 grain), which gives me chest pain.

So my questions are, where I need your help:
  1. To supplement thyroid or not?
  2. What else could be behind the high pulse rate?
  3. If high adrenaline is the causative factor here, then how can one practically reduce it? I tried floatation, which has an immediate impact. It left me utterly listless.

Sincerely,
OBTS

Momma

What are your waking temps?
Temps after your breakfast meal in a relaxed state?
Midday temps?

OP
O

OkayByTheSea

What are your waking temps?
Temps after your breakfast meal in a relaxed state?
Midday temps?
Average 98.2 F when I wake up. Goes up after eating. Around 99.0 on average in the evening.

exile

Ray said “I think 85/minute resting is a good average. For the last 35 years I have tried to keep it averaging a little over 90. When people are using thyroid to recover from tumors or cataracts or other chronic problem, they sometimes hold their resting pulse rate at 100 or more for a few months, without any harmful effects. Sometimes I think you'll be able to figure it out by yourself.”

If you feel calm and relaxed at 90 I think that is fine.

OP
O

OkayByTheSea

Ray said “I think 85/minute resting is a good average. For the last 35 years I have tried to keep it averaging a little over 90. When people are using thyroid to recover from tumors or cataracts or other chronic problem, they sometimes hold their resting pulse rate at 100 or more for a few months, without any harmful effects. Sometimes I think you'll be able to figure it out by yourself.”

If you feel calm and relaxed at 90 I think that is fine.
Thanks, Exile.
I do have to manage my anxiety levels. Niacinamide is the most effective anxiolytic in my case. I did stop taking thyroid for over a month but it did not bring the pulse rate down, which is why I want to dig deeper.

gaze

some possibilities:

chronic digestive irritation can cause high pulse rate and anxiety, some people react to isolated protein powders like casein and gelatin, some people react to coconut oil. make sure your cheese is only milk, salt, and animal rennet. almost all supplements can cause problems, including the ones you mentioned. you could try stopping everything to see if it makes any difference.

chronic infection somewhere, vit D in normal range would help with that. have you tested it?

low salt in the diet from a mainly liquid diet can sometimes cause high adrenaline and high serotonin. would a starch meal with a ton of salt relax you ?

low tsh with hypo symptoms is usually caused by cortisol. the fact that sugar makes you sleepy, could be a good thing, as its lowering stress hormones. you could have a blood test for total cortisol, you can ignore the AM/PM stuff, just get one to make sure its not way above the range from cushings or something. in general, the people who eat too much protein and not enough carbs lean towards the cortisol metabolism.

weight gain itself can also cause high pulse rate, since the heart has to work harder when there is excess adipose tissue. many overweight people have high pulse rates.

poor coffee tolerance is generally a weak liver or gallbladder, combined with poor glycogen storage from not eating enough carbs, or poor glucose metabolism. the fact that you cant handle heavy meals, may indicate a gallbladder problem. have you had you ALT and AST tested?

just personally, i would not supplement thyroid with a low TSH, high pulse, and high temps. usually one of those is off in hypothyroidism.

Last edited:
OP
O

OkayByTheSea

some possibilities:

chronic digestive irritation can cause high pulse rate and anxiety, some people react to isolated protein powders like casein and gelatin, some people react to coconut oil. make sure your cheese is only milk, salt, and animal rennet. almost all supplements can cause problems, including the ones you mentioned. you could try stopping everything to see if it makes any difference.

chronic infection somewhere, vit D in normal range would help with that. have you tested it?

low salt in the diet from a mainly liquid diet can sometimes cause high adrenaline and high serotonin. would a starch meal with a ton of salt relax you ?

low tsh with hypo symptoms is usually caused by cortisol. the fact that sugar makes you sleepy, could be a good thing, as its lowering stress hormones. you could have a blood test for total cortisol, you can ignore the AM/PM stuff, just get one to make sure its not way above the range from cushings or something. in general, the people who eat too much protein and not enough carbs lean towards the cortisol metabolism.

weight gain itself can also cause high pulse rate, since the heart has to work harder when there is excess adipose tissue. many overweight people have high pulse rates.

poor coffee tolerance is generally a weak liver or gallbladder, combined with poor glycogen storage from not eating enough carbs, or poor glucose metabolism. the fact that you cant handle heavy meals, may indicate a gallbladder problem. have you had you ALT and AST tested?

just personally, i would not supplement thyroid with a low TSH, high pulse, and high temps. usually one of those is off in hypothyroidism.
Gaze:
Thanks for your thoughtful reply.
I have been off coconut oil, gelatin, and casein sporadically for long enough for them to be the culprits. I am not overweight. I did get tested for cortisol; it was high, but only marginally.
1. You are bang on regarding gallbladder. I had gallbladder symptoms two years ago and suffered for over six months. I used TUDCA to clear them out. Perhaps I need to look into it a bit deeper. Any insights into healing gallbladder would be deeply appreciated. Can it be completely healed?
2. What is a good course for a Cushing syndrome patient? Maybe there are some lessons there that could help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals