Super High Temperature And Pulse = Hyperthyroid?

zes

So I'm new to Peating and have been mostly reading and browsing older threads. So forgive my lack of knowledge as I'm still learning. There is a lot of information about hypothyroidism but not much so on the hyper people. I guess the former is more common.

I read from older threads that ideally you want your temps to be around 98 or similar. I never really cared for measuring mine, until recently. I've been consistently measuring around 99.2-99.6 - is that a bit too high? I think it is to be honest. My pulse is consistently in the high 90s, close to 100. I will check in the future but I assume my pulse is well over 100 when I do anything physically intensive or even walking up the stairs.

I also display breathlessness and more recently noticeable hair thinning. I have been introducing Peat's ideas slowly for 2 months or so. Though I found his works in January I only became fully invested in his ideas recently.

I was reading that hyperthyroid people produce significantly more estrogen and hormones in general. I also feel sluggish sometimes. Fat soluble vitamins tend to help with that though. I'm just worried about having high estrogen and its companions cortisol/serotonin etc. What's the best way to bring my pulse and temps down a bit? Thanks

meatbag

So I'm new to Peating and have been mostly reading and browsing older threads. So forgive my lack of knowledge as I'm still learning. There is a lot of information about hypothyroidism but not much so on the hyper people. I guess the former is more common.

I read from older threads that ideally you want your temps to be around 98 or similar. I never really cared for measuring mine, until recently. I've been consistently measuring around 99.2-99.6 - is that a bit too high? I think it is to be honest. My pulse is consistently in the high 90s, close to 100. I will check in the future but I assume my pulse is well over 100 when I do anything physically intensive or even walking up the stairs.

I also display breathlessness and more recently noticeable hair thinning. I have been introducing Peat's ideas slowly for 2 months or so. Though I found his works in January I only became fully invested in his ideas recently.

I was reading that hyperthyroid people produce significantly more estrogen and hormones in general. I also feel sluggish sometimes. Fat soluble vitamins tend to help with that though. I'm just worried about having high estrogen and its companions cortisol/serotonin etc. What's the best way to bring my pulse and temps down a bit? Thanks

I think if it feels uncomfortable and bad it might be adrenaline or serotonin. When I get really sweaty and uncomfortably hot it doesn;t feel like thyroid and salt seems to help, there's a post on the forum that many people need up to 15,000 mg a day of sodium

OP
Z

zes

I know the sympton
I think if it feels uncomfortable and bad it might be adrenaline or serotonin. When I get really sweaty and uncomfortably hot it doesn;t feel like thyroid and salt seems to help, there's a post on the forum that many people need up to 15,000 mg a day of sodium

Damn that's exactly how I feel many times: extremely hot for some reason and uncomfortable. I sweat when other people seem to be just fine. So I will need to look into sodium, got it.

OP
Z

zes

So you're suggesting that it's not really about an over active thyroid system but more so stress hormones contributing towards the high temps/pulse? I will be sure if I get rid of the stress hormones and feel sluggish as that will suggest poor thyroid functioning but as of now it's hard to distinguish. I will do more browsing on lowering adrenaline. I've looked into serotonin and normal peat diet seems to be the general advice.

meatbag

So you're suggesting that it's not really about an over active thyroid system but more so stress hormones contributing towards the high temps/pulse? I will be sure if I get rid of the stress hormones and feel sluggish as that will suggest poor thyroid functioning but as of now it's hard to distinguish. I will do more browsing on lowering adrenaline. I've looked into serotonin and normal peat diet seems to be the general advice.

Yeah I think it has something to do with serotonin. I wonder what is your background in terms of activities you have perused, sports, physical jobs, etc. If you have any labs I'd be interested to see them.

I bought salt pills and carry them with me now if I feel the symptoms coming on. I stopped using them for a bit and just restarted a couple days ago and it is definitely helpful. I guess taking good stock salted to taste in a thermos would be another way to have salt on the go

OP
Z

zes

Yeah I think it has something to do with serotonin. I wonder what is your background in terms of activities you have perused, sports, physical jobs, etc. If you have any labs I'd be interested to see them.

I bought salt pills and carry them with me now if I feel the symptoms coming on. I stopped using them for a bit and just restarted a couple days ago and it is definitely helpful. I guess taking good stock salted to taste in a thermos would be another way to have salt on the go

Just measured my temperature this morning = 98.6 which seems better. I feel better as well, not as breathless. At certain times during the day I just feel uneasy and my pulse increases sharply.

I'm a student and not as active as I used to be in the past few months since assignments have take up all my time nowadays. I did get blood work done 2 weeks ago and I'm due my results tomorrow so I will let you know. Doctors here are quite difficult to collaborate with.

What about milk or orange juice etc in thermos salted? I prefer having salt with food. My parents always told me salt is bad for you so I've avoided it all my life. Sugar too. I had a glass of milk this morning and added in a bit of sugar for taste. Is it a good idea to just heavily salt all my foods? Anything to get this adrenaline/serotonin down :/

meatbag

Just measured my temperature this morning = 98.6 which seems better. I feel better as well, not as breathless. At certain times during the day I just feel uneasy and my pulse increases sharply.

I'm a student and not as active as I used to be in the past few months since assignments have take up all my time nowadays. I did get blood work done 2 weeks ago and I'm due my results tomorrow so I will let you know. Doctors here are quite difficult to collaborate with.

What about milk or orange juice etc in thermos salted? I prefer having salt with food. My parents always told me salt is bad for you so I've avoided it all my life. Sugar too. I had a glass of milk this morning and added in a bit of sugar for taste. Is it a good idea to just heavily salt all my foods? Anything to get this adrenaline/serotonin down :/

Yeah Peat has a different view on salt then what a lot of people hear from their doctors, health media, etc. It seems like when the thyroid isn't functioning correctly, minerals are lost rapidly.

Check out this thread by haidut, very interesting;Optimal Sodium Intake Is At Least 230% Higher Than RDA

If you search for sodium on the forum in the scientific studies section there are some interesting posts on it

And Peat has some great articles about salt as well;

"A poor reaction to stress, with increased cortisol, can raise the body temperature by accelerating the breakdown and resynthesis of proteins, but adaptive resistance to stress increases the temperature by increasing the consumption of oxygen and fuel. In the presence of increased cortisol, abdominal fat increases, along with circulating fatty acids and calcium, as mitochondrial respiration is suppressed."
~Salt, energy, metabolic rate, and longevity

"The sleep-inducing effect of salty food is probably related to the anti-excitatory effects of hyperosmolarity, of adequate thyroid function, and of carbon dioxide....

One of the things that happen when there isn't enough sodium in the diet is that more aldosterone is synthesized. Aldosterone causes less sodium to be lost in the urine and sweat, but it achieves that at the expense of the increased loss of potassium, magnesium, and probably calcium. The loss of potassium leads to vasoconstriction, which contributes to heart and kidney failure and high blood pressure. The loss of magnesium contributes to vasoconstriction, inflammation, and bone loss. Magnesium deficiency is extremely common, but a little extra salt in the diet makes it easier to retain the magnesium in our foods.

Darkness and hypothyroidism both reduce the activity of cytochrome oxidase, making cells more susceptible to stress. A promoter of excitotoxicity, ouabain, or a lack of salt, can function as the equivalent of darkness, in resetting the biological rhythms (Zatz, 1989, 1991).

Aldosterone causes cells to take up sodium, while increasing their pH, i.e., raising their alkalinity (Mihailidou and Funder, 2005). Intracellular sodium has long been known to be a factor, along with swelling and alkalinity, in stimulating cell division (Cone and Tongier, 1971). A lack of salt stimulates the formation of serotonin, which in turn stimulates aldosterone synthesis--that is, a sodium restricted diet activates processes that cause cells to take up sodium inappropriately, in a situation reminiscent of the calcium deficient diet causing inappropriate calcification.

Aldosterone, like stress or hypo-osmolarity, activates the enzyme (ODC) which produces the polyamines, that promote cell division, and that can probably account for some of the harmful effects of excessive aldosterone.

Eating salty food around bedtime usually has a sleep-inducing effect, and it helps to maintain blood volume (which tends to decrease during the night), and to restrain the nocturnal rise of aldosterone, and other indicators of stress or inflammation. Eating gelatin, which lacks tryptophan, will reduce the formation of serotonin, and is likely to limit the formation of aldosterone.

Thyroid hormone, by maintaining oxidative metabolism with the production of carbon dioxide, is highly protective against excessive water retention and loss of sodium and magnesium.
"
~Water: swelling, tension, pain, fatigue, aging

"Increased salt is thermogenic, but increased magnesium is protective against hyperthermia, so increased magnesium (epsom salts baths, for example, coffee, fruits, some vegetables and meats) would be helpful. Magnesium is rapidly lost from cells in hypothyroidism. Sugar, when accompanied by fats and minerals, as in milk, is needed to lower cortisol, and to maintain thyroid activity. Balanced proteins, such as cheese, potatoes, eggs, and beef- or lamb-broth (for the gelatin and mineral content in particular) will prevent the tryptophan excess that suppresses the thyroid and is potentially a nerve toxin."

~Multiple sclerosis, protein, fats, and progesterone

---

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals