Temperature Good, Pulse Low

stressucks

I've been incorporating some peat stuff in my diet (lots more OJ, fruit, honey, PUFA restriction, milk, etc.) and my temps have improved a ton. My pulse has come up slightly it was averaging aroudn 56, and now is up around 60.

It's been a couple months, and I haven't seen much progress on pulse recently.

Should I consider thyroid?

Temps probably average 98.6 now, i take before meal and 1 hour after. Can go as high as 99 in the afternoon.

Mittir

There are old threads on low pulse. I remember RP mentioning that increasing temperature
is easier and quick and increasing pulse takes some time. Even with good thyroid level
hormone may not be able to work properly on cells due to presence of PUFA. It takes about
4 years to completely replace PUFA but things should continuously get better with
decreased PUFA storage. He also mentioned in Josh Rubin's "Thyroid" interview that
low pulse rate is sign of low testosterone and high estrogen. Though thyroid
indirectly opposes estrogen by increasing progesterone, one needs vitamin A
to make progesterone from cholesterol. You need to have good level of cholesterol for that.
A healthy liver detoxify all the estrogen that goes through it. For healthy liver you need
thyroid support, 80 grams protein, good blood sugar level and
glycogen storage, B vitamins etc .
Carrot salad helps a lot with keeping estrogen level in check.
Starch and soluble fiber feed bad bacteria, which increases endotoxin.
This causes excess burden on liver.

Stilgar

I am much the same. I had some pulse increases initially in the first few months of adding thyroid (adrenaline?) where I got into the 70s on a regular basis, but now I am back to a resting pulse of about 56-64. My pulse has always been on the low side. I always thought it was because I am quite mellow and relaxed, and it dropped to about 52 when I used to exercise a lot. I have been on thyroid for six months or so now I think.

My temps are much better though, and I am feeling extraordinary if I compare to a year or two ago.

So the pulse doesn't worry me too much.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D High Pulse, Low Morning Temperature Ask For Help or Advice 33
Z Super High Temperature And Pulse = Hyperthyroid? Ask For Help or Advice 6
ShirtTieFitness Temperature And Pulse Tracking Sheet To Monitor Metabolic Rate Blogs 1
J "Higher Metabolism, Temperature And Pulse And Lower TSH Associated With Higher Mortality" Ray Peat Topics 155
E What's normal paleolithic human temperature and pulse? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 84
burtlancast Hashimoto’s, Antibodies, Temperature and Pulse KMUD, 2013 Audio Interview Transcripts 4
F Temperature And Pulse High But Still Cold? Metabolism 4
charlie KMUD: Hashimoto's, Antibodies, Temperature and Pulse KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 1
charlie TSH, Temperature, Pulse Rate, And Other Indicators In Hypo Articles & Newsletters 2
Twohandsondeck Low body temperature + death in the Bible (1 Kings 1:1) Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality 11
deliciousfruit confusion about body temperature and thyroid Metabolism 4
tankasnowgod Milk, OJ, Cottage Cheese, Yogurt..... Does Temperature of these foods matter? Digestion 29
L Ray Peat Interview Dec 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov - Body Temperature, Current Events, Etc. Interviews 21
A Low Body Temperature Ask For Help or Advice 0
E Altering The Temperature Setpoint Thyroid and Hormones 3
TheSir Individual Variation In Body Temperature Ask For Help or Advice 27
hiconscience Black Seeds Raised My Temperature More Than Dessicated Thyroid Ever Has Metabolism 9
D What Is The Night Time Temperature Suppose To Be? Ask For Help or Advice 0
Candy Axillary And Oral Temperature Difference? Metabolism 5
snacks Magnesium, Iodine, Butekyo All Lower Temperature Metabolism 20
R Body Temperature At 36.2 Celsius Metabolism 2
D Big Drop In Body Temperature While Walking Thyroid and Hormones 7
S What's Up With Raising Body Temperature In This Forum? Thyroid and Hormones 5
U Low Body Temperature Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 2
Hgreen56 Hot Foods Or Drinks Makes Me Tired, Hot Temperature Increase Serotonin? Diet 0
joshquintanilla The Verge Staff- Temperature Readings Video Metabolism 0
F Low Body Temperature - Wilson's, Hypothyroid, Other? Ask For Help or Advice 19
md_a The Body Temperature Is Very Important Thyroid and Hormones 2
F Decreasing Human Body Temperature In The United States Since The Industrial Revolution Metabolism 1
appotis Recover To Optimal Body Temperature With Sleeping On Far Infrared Heating Mat Mind, Sleep, Stress 21
Lenny Temperature High During Day But Low Before Breakfast Ask For Help or Advice 3
U Buteyko Control Pause And Temperature Sweet Spot? CO2, Bag Breathing 20
gilson d dantas Desperate In Need Of Help, Low Temperature And High T3: What To Do? Metabolism 42
_lppaiva Too Much Protein? Cold Hands, Low Temperature And Corspe-like Heart Rate Metabolism 14
AlphaCog Hypometabolism In Hibernating Animals Is Not Necessarily Coupled To A Low Body Temperature Scientific Studies 0
B High Temperature/metabolism And Still Losing Hair Hair & Nails 54
Razvan How To Het Higher Waking Temperature? Ask For Help or Advice 3
Lejeboca Lower Body Temperature Ranges Might Be Now Considered Normal In Adults Scientific Studies 3
gilson d dantas Basal Temperature. Why? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 15
R Temperature Inconsistency? Ask For Help or Advice 0
L Why Does Eating Squid Increase My Temperature A Lot Consistently? Seafood 12
K My Oral Temperature At Doctor Was 97.4, Is That Hypothyroidism? Ask For Help or Advice 32
skittles Temperature Question - Does This Happen To You? Metabolism 2
jzeno What Temperature Do You Set Your Thermostat While At Home During The Winter? Miscellaneous 2
ecstatichamster Stress Reactions And Body Temperature Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 2
jzeno [Discussion] Raising Body Temperature Experiments 136
jzeno How I Measure My Body Temperature Orally Body Care 1
jzeno Tillamook Cheese, OJ, Coffee, Aspirin, Coconut Oil Are The Foods That Shot My Body Temperature Up Testimonials 10
frant26 Why Does Phenibut Raise So Much My Body Temperature? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 7
E Experiment: Differences Between Rectal, Oral And Armpit Temperature Experiments 4