Difference Between Pulse And Body Temp

DaLeo

My girlfriend and I have been wondering why our body temperature and pulses are so different. So my simple question is: does anyone know what the two each represent? Are they specific indicators? We all want both to be high, but if I know that my pulse is low while my body temp is normal, maybe I can work on whatever the pulse represents (maybe adrenaline)?

Me: 98.6, 60-70 Pulse

Girlfriend: 97.6, 80-90 Pulse

PS: We're both following the Ray Peat philosophies without the exact Ray Peat Diet. In other words, high carb, protein and of course no PUFAS. Just dairy free until we are strong enough and slowly increasing sugars.

tomisonbottom

My girlfriend and I have been wondering why our body temperature and pulses are so different. So my simple question is: does anyone know what the two each represent? Are they specific indicators? We all want both to be high, but if I know that my pulse is low while my body temp is normal, maybe I can work on whatever the pulse represents (maybe adrenaline)?

Me: 98.6, 60-70 Pulse

Girlfriend: 97.6, 80-90 Pulse

PS: We're both following the Ray Peat philosophies without the exact Ray Peat Diet. In other words, high carb, protein and of course no PUFAS. Just dairy free until we are strong enough and slowly increasing sugars.

Hight temp low pulse usually means higher cortisol, and low temp, high pulse usually means high adrenaline.

tara

I'm not sure what this means about what you are actually eating - there's quite a range that could fit that description.
(It's funny how many people say they are following Peat, and doing such varied things - there's another one exclaiming in a anoter thread about how he's following Peat by eating a high fat diet. :) )

Anyway, the details may make a difference - including what else you are getting from your food beyond carbs and protein, whether you are getting suitable amounts of calcium, magnesium, other minerals, vitamins etc, ... I'm not drinking milk either, and I figure I have to get these from other sources.
Other relevant factors can include: getting regular sunlight, sleep, suitable movement, good breathing habits (relaxed, nasal, diaphragmatic at rest including sleep), as well as living a life with meaning and connections and not too much overwhelming stress.

And what your particular needs are may depend on your current state - health struggles/weaknesses/deficiencies, and your history.

I think Peat has said that heart rate tends to lag behind temperature when raising base metabolism by nutrition and lifestyle changes.