Temperature Inconsistency?

Ryan18

Hi All,

A lot of this is just background, specific questions re: temps in the final couple paragraphs, though any general advice on the rest would be greatly appreciated!

Quick introduction: I'm 18M, and heavily suspect I'm hypothyroid, probably stemming from emotional stress (that started from girls 2 years ago lmao), and alongside starting college and experiencing the big fish/small pond to medium fish/massive pond effect, my mental health declined and took a big toll on my physical.

Definitely was running on high adrenaline/cortisol in this period. Long working days, poor sleep and little enjoyment of life.

Some symptoms include:
-Bad carotenemia, to the point of a friend questioning me as to why my hands looked so orange. Obvious on my hands, feet and face mostly.
-Freezing extremities. Always pointed out by my mother. Can't remember a time my feet have ever been warm at room temp.
-Inflamed acne, not large and cystic, but spread across my face and red/inflamed and painful, leaving hyperpigmentation. I've significantly reduced this but I'm not 100% clearc. It was worst a couple years ago.
-Fatigue. I've always complained to my parents since I was about 14 of being tired all the time, but it came to full force upon starting college and resulted in my performance dropping from top-tier to below average.
-Stress/irritability/depression/loss of memory. A lot of eggshell walking around me, especially from parents. Personality changed significantly. Memory used to be something I treasured. My recall was really good, and I could pull out any information I needed for exams aged 15. Completely reversed over the following 2 years .
-Also suspect I stunted my growth at the point this came into full force (just after I turned 16). Haven't grown since, relatively small hands and feet compared to peers and father. I'm not extremely small, but my height hasn't moved for the past 2 years and I suspect this is the reason.
-Low pulse. Roughly high 50s/low 60s being quite athletic and thinking this was optimal.

Probably more that I can't think of right now.

Peating:
Have begun changing to a Peat-inspired diet, though progressively optimising as time goes. Have felt improvements in energy, mental functioning, mood and pulse has risen from high 50s/low 60s to around high 70s/low 80s. On a side note even hit a 93 at rest the other day - just felt some weird wave of change inside and quickly got a stopwatch going.

The past week or so has been 3000cal a day. 2.4L of 1% milk, 1L OJ, some satsumas, 2 large fried eggs, potato, beef mince, liver once a week, some kale spread throughout the week.

I'd like to expand my diet to include more variety, particularly in fruits though it seems hard to find any good ones in the UK. Any suggestions?

Temps (QUESTION)
The point of the thread. The one inconsistency I have is high morning temps. Armpit/ear consistently 98-100, confusingly. Mouth, just holding the thermometer in the centre, no contact to cheeks etc. sits around 95-96, which is probably to be expected since that's just air temperature. Using a Bruan digital thermometer I've had since a child.

Where should I be taking temp measurements for best readings? Any ideas as to why my temps would be elevated yet coupled with many obvious hypothyroid symptoms?

I've ordered a bottle of Tyromix and now upon second thought I'm probably going to have to be pretty careful with regards to temperatures.

Haven't had any labs/blood work done, but would be up for doing that if it's deemed necessary.

Thank you for anyone who takes the time to read this far, I can't express enough appreciation for any words of advice through language.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals