high temp and pulse

InChristAlone

I am 2nd half of my menstrual cycle and getting really high temps 99, sitting here in bed at 1 am with it still at 99 pulse over 100. I am so exhausted I just want to sleep not get up to eat more! I regularly have to use sugar to calm my heart down. I have been doing okay during the day but have been known to get panic attacks after breakfast. Usually solved by more sugar. I am just concerned about the high temp I struggle to gain weight and breastfeeding a 2 yr old who takes a lot of energy
An all milk diet in the past has helped bring it down to reveal my low thyroid but I couldn't keep it up. I don't do thyroid as it gives me even worse insomnia and adrenaline. Progest e seems to help but I decided not to do it this month for fear of more night sweats. Any suggestions?

tara

Hi,
You are breast feeding a hungry 2yr old and want to gain weight? Are you eating at least 3000 -3500 cals a day, maybe more? Plenty of protein as well as sugar?
I had to keep food by the bed for night time snacks and to eat before I got out of bed in the morning when I was breast-feeding.
If you are eating plenty, then how is your breathing? Relaxed, nasal, diaphragmatic? I found along with eating more (fruit) sugar, retraining my breathing and closing my mouth at night made a difference to mild nighttime panics etc.
Are your temps and pulse always high, or more when you are particularly stressed?

answersfound

I would get your hands on a beta blocker like clonidine or Inderall

These will help put a lid on adrenaline

Check out this post by haidut

viewtopic.php?t=5223

tara

lookingforanswers said:
I would get your hands on a beta blocker like clonidine or Inderall

These will help put a lid on adrenaline

Check out this post by haidut

viewtopic.php?t=5223
Do you know if these are OK while breastfeeding?
I'd be trying food etc tactics before drugs if it were me. I've been on beta blockers before, and I sure wouldn't have wished them on my baby.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

No I haven't been eating enough, it has been my constant struggle. I am going to try cypro more to help with that. Thing is even if I eat a good meal it doesn't make my temp go down. And sometimes eating balanced small meals doesn't even guarentee no adrenaline rushes.

I don't think I'll try a beta blocker since I tend to have low blood pressure, although for the first time I saw it go up today 112/72, it is normally 100/68.

I am going to try taping my mouth shut at night, I know I mouth breath which I think wakes me up.

My pulse is usually over 90, I don't always check my temp because it worries me when it gets so high. I'd rather it be 98 than 99. I must have did something right today it dropped down 98.9 in the evening. Been doing lots of milk and OJ. Oh I also took some aspirin.

answersfound

Hmm I would definitely increase salt intake. Sometimes I'll just take a teaspoon of salt and swallow it chasing with orange juice. This definitely helps with adrenaline.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals