Pulse Is Too High - How To Lower Pulse Rate?

LukeL

I experienced a high pulse rate for a good 4 hours today. I was around 105 bpm throughout the 4 hour period. Now it is down to 95 bpm. I ate a lot of sugar today including OJ, half a bar of chocolate, a mexican coke, and a sugared coffee (I am now realizing what I ate... makes sense why my pulse would be so high)

Does anyone have any advice on how to lower your pulse rate if it is too high?

DaveFoster

I feel fine with a pulse of 95. If you're getting anxious, then it's probably adrenaline. Bag breathing helps, as mentioned. Another reason your pulse could be higher than ideal is dehydration.

OP
LukeL

LukeL

Do u feel ok?
I feel slightly anxious accompanied by shallow breathing. It's not unbearable by any means but it doesn't feel ideal. It's a vicious cycle because I worry that my stress hormones are elevated which in turn stresses me out and probably elevates my stress hormones...

I feel slightly anxious accompanied by shallow breathing. It's not unbearable by any means but it doesn't feel ideal. It's a vicious cycle because I worry that my stress hormones are elevated which in turn stresses me out and probably elevates my stress hormones...

Whats ur temp? Someone around here was boasting like 120bpms and like 100 temp and it was cool with them. Seems crazy, but damn, I mean if no stress you are kicking. Probably peat is like that.. I thought he might have actually been ray peat.. u still around.. I think his user was @Sea but I dont see that user name show up..... weird.

DaveFoster

The more you breathe, the more adrenaline will circulate. If you slow your breathing rate, you'll find your hand and feet will get cold if you don't eat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals