Pulse And Temp High Feel Terrible

L91

Hi, so I went from freezing cold constantly and never able to sleep a full night. For years. Reached a point where I was chilled to the bone too much. And found ray peat.
Well actually matt stone who mentioned ray peat.

I started eating more food. Much more for a year to the point I put on a good bit of weight. 130lbs to 150lbs, I'm 5'5 female. But in this time I started sleeping loads. Almost every night. Had a lot more energy. And was much warmer.
My cholesterol was lower.
Also my cholesterol usually comes up borderline high but my triglycerides are very low.

I was eating quite a bit of starch though.
I lost that extra weight through exercise. Back down to 130 but eating plenty regularly after that.

I drank orange juice and milk. Not huge amounts. But more than I was before. I ate liver very very occasionally. I took vitamin e and k and occasionally a. My vitamin D levels in blood tests were high so I didnt supplement. And I took a b complex sometimes.

The past few months i wasnt eating so much during the day. I was a lot colder than usual and more tired. I thought I was stressed about the coronavirus. And also thats why my exercise had reduced. I was having a few issues with acid reflux breathing discomfort after meals.
But sleeping a lot.

Then suddenly it's like my adrenaline took over. My resting heart rate went up by like 15 points. And I barely slept for 6 days. And I've had terrible sleep since then. I'm fatigued with a fast ish heart rate.

I dunno if this is reversible. Carbs make my heart race now. They dont seem to help anymore. And I just feel ill.

I really dont know what's going on or what the answer is either.
I took a very small amount of natural progesterone on two occasions since this started and it seemed to help. With heart rate and anxiety feeling.
But something is putting me off taking any more.

Any suggestions?

redsun

Hi, so I went from freezing cold constantly and never able to sleep a full night. For years. Reached a point where I was chilled to the bone too much. And found ray peat.
Well actually matt stone who mentioned ray peat.

I started eating more food. Much more for a year to the point I put on a good bit of weight. 130lbs to 150lbs, I'm 5'5 female. But in this time I started sleeping loads. Almost every night. Had a lot more energy. And was much warmer.
My cholesterol was lower.
Also my cholesterol usually comes up borderline high but my triglycerides are very low.

I was eating quite a bit of starch though.
I lost that extra weight through exercise. Back down to 130 but eating plenty regularly after that.

I drank orange juice and milk. Not huge amounts. But more than I was before. I ate liver very very occasionally. I took vitamin e and k and occasionally a. My vitamin D levels in blood tests were high so I didnt supplement. And I took a b complex sometimes.

The past few months i wasnt eating so much during the day. I was a lot colder than usual and more tired. I thought I was stressed about the coronavirus. And also thats why my exercise had reduced. I was having a few issues with acid reflux breathing discomfort after meals.
But sleeping a lot.

Then suddenly it's like my adrenaline took over. My resting heart rate went up by like 15 points. And I barely slept for 6 days. And I've had terrible sleep since then. I'm fatigued with a fast ish heart rate.

I dunno if this is reversible. Carbs make my heart race now. They dont seem to help anymore. And I just feel ill.

I really dont know what's going on or what the answer is either.
I took a very small amount of natural progesterone on two occasions since this started and it seemed to help. With heart rate and anxiety feeling.
But something is putting me off taking any more.

Any suggestions?

What is your resting heart rate now? and blood pressure? Did you also take steps when you started peating to reduce iron? Reducing iron is not a good idea for women. If iron is too low causing anemia it can cause elevated heart beat as the heart works harder to pump to deliver enough oxygen. If you were eating iron foods like red meat but you were consuming dairy with it that with significantly reduce absorption of iron.

Also exercise increases the chance of iron deficiency in women. l

Last edited:

managing

What is your resting heart rate now? and blood pressure? Did you also take steps when you started peating to reduce iron? Reducing iron is not a good idea for women. If iron is too low causing anemia it can cause elevated heart beat as the heart works harder to pump to deliver enough oxygen. If you were eating iron foods like red meat but you were consuming dairy with it that with significantly reduce absorption of iron.

Also exercise increases the chance of iron deficiency in women. l
Counterpoint: Ray says that actual Iron Anemia is incredibly rare regardless of gender. Average blood loss to menstruation is ~80ml. While you are right about anemia raising pulse, so will adrenaline. If she is eating less food, this is a good candidate. Additionally, even mild dehydration will lower blood pressure and raise pulse. I am not an advocate of drinking tons of water. But sometimes just having a large glass of water will lower pulse considerably. Having some salt and/or sugar too will do even more so.

redsun

Counterpoint: Ray says that actual Iron Anemia is incredibly rare regardless of gender. Average blood loss to menstruation is ~80ml. While you are right about anemia raising pulse, so will adrenaline. If she is eating less food, this is a good candidate. Additionally, even mild dehydration will lower blood pressure and raise pulse. I am not an advocate of drinking tons of water. But sometimes just having a large glass of water will lower pulse considerably. Having some salt and/or sugar too will do even more so.

He's completely wrong in regards to women and it can worsen health to follow iron restricting advice for anyone without knowing where their iron stands. There are certain men that may need to restrict iron and even donate blood to reduce it such as middle age men or older with a history of heavy red meat intake for most of their life. As long as you don't have a disorder, you can still consume iron foods as blood donation reduces iron substantially.

Or if you have problems with iron accumulation that have already been diagnosed but in that case it wouldn't matter as your doctor would already be helping you take steps to deal with those kinds of disorders.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals