Thyroid Storm-need Advice

DaveFoster

Stop taking stimulants. You don't need stimulants when you've taken too much of a stimulant (T3). I learned that the hard way.

Niacinamide, P5P, progesterone, and pregnenolone will help you. Thiamine and biotin will also help if you have it. Anything that lowers adrenaline will help. Don't take clonidine. Be careful with cyproheptadine.

tara

Just was thinking a touch of t3 could pull me out of this.
It's possible it might. But without knowing temps or something more concrete, it's hard to know if you are currently hypo- or hyperthyroid, and so whether it would be pulling in a helpful direction. If you are (still) hyperthyroid, adding any T3 would be likely to make it worse.

tara

My mom hid my t4 and t3 from me lol so it's not an option now anyways.
People who hospitalise themselves by reckless use of supplements increase the likelihood that those supplements will be more heavily regulated in the future, and unavailable to people who need them and can be careful with them.

OP
N
People who hospitalise themselves by reckless use of supplements increase the likelihood that those supplements will be more heavily regulated in the future, and unavailable to people who need them and can be careful with them.

I was prescribed the t4 and t3 by a careless Doctor. But yes I completely agree.

OP
N
It's possible it might. But without knowing temps or something more concrete, it's hard to know if you are currently hypo- or hyperthyroid, and so whether it would be pulling in a helpful direction. If you are (still) hyperthyroid, adding any T3 would be likely to make it worse.

Thank you Tara. I will not be using any t3. You are 100% right. That is the wreck less mindset that got me into this in the first place. I an going to stay hydrated and eat and just be patient.

Last edited:
OP
N
Stop taking stimulants. You don't need stimulants when you've taken too much of a stimulant (T3). I learned that the hard way.

Niacinamide, P5P, progesterone, and pregnenolone will help you. Thiamine and biotin will also help if you have it. Anything that lowers adrenaline will help. Don't take clonidine. Be careful with cyproheptadine.

Thank you Dave. Great advice. I just need to be patient.

tara

I was prescribed the t4 and t3 by a careless Doctor. But yes I completely agree.
Oops, forgot that, sorry.
Did dr give you any guidelines for monitoring yourself?

OP
N
Oops, forgot that, sorry.
Did dr give you any guidelines for monitoring yourself?

No, he is a pushover. I convinced him to give me the meds. Responsible doctors completely denied me of my request to get thyroid meds, rightfully so. He told me to follow up for blood work so I emailed him but he never responded. he doesn't have many clients. If your interested, pm me and I can give you his info and you can see what this guy is all about.

tara

My recommendation for your next step is to get a thermometer, use it, and record temps and times.

postman

No, he is a pushover. I convinced him to give me the meds. Responsible doctors completely denied me of my request to get thyroid meds, rightfully so. He told me to follow up for blood work so I emailed him but he never responded. he doesn't have many clients. If your interested, pm me and I can give you his info and you can see what this guy is all about.
Don't try to blame your doctor. You're the irresponsible one here.

tara

Okay. What is the key to getting temps up? Improving liver health?
Getting the mitochondria in your cells to produce energy well.
There are several requirements, so what ever is missing may be key. Fuel (esp. carbs), micronutrients, CO2 + O2, sunlight, sleep. Suitable hormone balances including thyroid. Maybe other things depending on what's blocking.
Liver health is important too.

Have you started reading Peat's articles? Maybe start with his thyroid ones?

OP
N
Getting the mitochondria in your cells to produce energy well.
There are several requirements, so what ever is missing may be key. Fuel (esp. carbs), micronutrients, CO2 + O2, sunlight, sleep. Suitable hormone balances including thyroid. Maybe other things depending on what's blocking.
Liver health is important too.

Have you started reading Peat's articles? Maybe start with his thyroid ones?

Got it. I tried some baking soda in Gatorade and wow, feeling relaxed. I will do some more research for sure. Thanks Tara.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals