Advice Please

tillpickle

Hi all,
sorry for long post!

seeking advice from all you knowledgeable people! This is my first post. Have been 'Peating'since last October? Sometimes i get the '****-it's' though with lack of progress or ongoing symptoms, and go off the rails for a meal or two here and there.

I am a 44 year old female. I'd say i've had stamina issues since high school. Whilst i wasn't aware of actually having glandular fever (probably because I was often tired anyway) the EBV virus did show up in a test once as being formerly active.

Despite lingering staminia issues, I developed an early interest in health and fitness and pushed my body through two body-shaping competitions. Back then, dieting principles were very low fat, high protein, and carbs in the form of starches ie rice mostly + veg.

Needless to say, didn't bounce back well. Then went on to have two children. Felt ok during pregnancies (interestly I succumbed to sugar cravings), but by gosh did i know how unwell I was after the births!! Totally drained, difficulties breast feeding, didn't lose an ounce of baby weight.

In my spare time I continued the search for answers to my issues. Sometimes I experienced mini breakthroughs, or relief of symptoms, but no lasting improvements. I attempted to return to part-time work when the kids were little, but really struggled due to fatigue and the impossible task of writing lengthy reports with brain fog. I left two jobs when the fatigue became unbearable (and dangerous) as I needed to drive long distances.

Investigations continued into fatigue with all manner of professionals. Natural therapies generally suited my style. I went to doctors usually when I wanted/needed to order blood tests.

I have to say that a compounding pharmacist was on the right track in terms of interpreting results and making recommendations a couple years back. At this point I started DHEA and progesterone creams, thyroid support capsules and some T3. However as mentioned to you earlier, some adverse side-effects of the T3 (increased heart rate) threw me off course, and it just fizzled out.

Over the past 3-4 years, the pace picked up a bit in terms of symptoms/issues. In addition to the unrelenting fatigue:
* my periods became heavier and heavier. For 2-3 days I could not leave the house. My cycle remained 28 days. Periods lasting about 9 days, but the 'tap' never really turns 'off'so to speak. I've worn some form of sanitary product EVERY DAY for the past 3.5-4 years.
*Migraines went from 1 x year to 1-2 x month.
*Belly fat became a real issue and still is, given my gym background, it drives me insane.
*Bloating and generally looking 7 mnths pregnant.
* Moods can swing and depression/anxiety feature strongly.

A partial uterine prolapse about 18/12 ago prompted an internal ultrasound. Everything appeared to check out ok - one small fibroid that would not account for bleeding at that level. The gyno suggested a Mirena. I said leave it with me. But I didn't then, and still dont want to go that way.
Low iron was an issue because of heavy period. I've had two iron infusions in the past 18/12 where ferritin levels got down to 7 and 9. Until I can stop the blood loss, i take Floradix daily to maintain iron levels.

I started Progest E product in January, initially trying the loading regime ie 3 drops 5 x day. I lasted 7 days and felt way too drunk. dropped down to 4 drops daily. In the past month had ED symptoms return ie a period twice in the month, sore breasts. So im in the process of increasing again and can currently tolerate 5 drops am, 2 drops midday, another 5 drops pm ie without feeling too anaesthetised.

Thyroid profile - 4/01/19

Unit range Result
TSH IU/ml 0.27-4.2 2.30
Anti Thyroglobulin Ab IU/ml <115 15
Anti Thyroid Peroxidase Ab IU/ml <34 42
Free T3 pmol/L 3.1-6.8 4.66
Free T4 pmol/L 12-22 14.34
Thyroid Receptor Antibodies (TRB) IU/L <1.75 .30
Reverse T3 pmol/L 170-450 263

AFter these results, tried NDT for a month (1 grain). Initially I felt better in that I felt motivated to get out of the house and get things done. I felft a little buzzy too but enjoyed that fact I was out. After a week or so, I struggled to get out of bed again, began to look pale and sickly again, and noticed a heavy feeling in the chest. My temps were rising on the ndt, and reached 37.0 deg celc. a couple times by midday. Pulse stayed at a satisfactory rate ie btwen 80-100.

Had some T3 in the cupboard so tried small doses, but again became aware of my heart beating, and feeling a bit 'weird'. I did have some good experiences on both the ndt and t3, but couldn't sustain it, or find consistency.

Endocrinology Saliva from 2016 Nothing current.
Progesterone (P4) 202.0 (318.0-1590 pmol/L)
Testosterone 143.0 (25.0-190.0 pmol/L)

Estradiol (E2) 4.0 (2.0-18.0 pmol/L)
Estrone ((e1) 28.0 (9.6-20.00 pg/ml
Estriol (E3) 8.0 (0.0-29.0)
E3/[E2+E1] 0.25 ( >1.00)
P4/E2 Ratio (Saliva) 50.5 (4.0-108.0)

Apart from progest e and Floradix, also taking:
vit D
B complex
Magnesium
Iodine (I don't eat oysters)
B12 injections did loading doses, now on maintenance.

So to summarise, fatigue, brain fog, memory loss, heavy periods, fatgain around middle, bloating, muscle weakness, tingling left arm, aching joints left side of body ie knee and big toe. Just a few!!

Sleeping has improved on Peat diet, still experimenting with certain foods. Have gained 10kg since last October, not sure whether thats diet-related or if thyroid was spiralling downwards simultaneously. Being a) female and b) a former competitive sportsperson, this is a major concern for me.

I have read several comments on here about aspirin. Wondering if that would help? or thin blood and increase the bleeding issue?.

Thankyou for staying to the end, any input would be appreciated

Nokoni

Please let me suggest Diamant. It seems to me to be the closest thing to a panacea that we are ever likely to have. Even to the extent of rescuing one of my beloved pets that was fading fast but is noticeably improved now. It may be that it improves the function of every cell in the body.

It would seem you have a long road to recovery ahead – though don't despair; mine has also been long but I've made impressive progress – but with lethargy and brain fog the road may appear too steep. Diamant may be particularly helpful with both.

Also, among it's effects is anti-viral activity. I have CMV, similar to mono, which made a recent comeback, but starting the Diamant seems to have suppressed it again.

Of course, that alone won't solve all your problems, but it might make you well enough to begin to make better progress dealing with your other issues. If you're interested you can read more about it here: Diamant - Adamantane Solution For Lab/R&D

OP
T

tillpickle

Thankyou Nokoni for your reply. I will look into that.
I have been fortunate to have liaised with @haidut too whilst awaiting approval to the forum and he has made some suggestions also based on a brief rundown I provided of my situation - retry thyroid in small doses, add aspirin, niacinamide and oxidal. Maybe add in others down the track.
I’ll await further replies, before placing my order.
Thanks again

Nokoni

Wonderful :)