Recent thyroid labs *need advice*

mgrabs

28 year old male. 6’4 200lbs

Recent blood draw.

Thyroid has always been a part of me for about 3 years under a doctors care. I was always on levo+liothyronine which was t4/t3 dosing(38/9 & went up to 57/12.5) (always felt great)
Over a year ago i switched to dessicated from synthetic ( had no reason to, just wanted to be more “natural” & switch to dessicated) I did feel “good” for a few months but the desicatted felt too powerful after a few months. Couldn't sleep, hot, palps. I was overdosed at one point from the doctor & decided to cut everything cold turkey
(TSH 0.1) for a full 8 months no thyroid care. It never really fixed itself. The Lowest my tsh went was 3.0. This summer

Fast forward to 3 months ago trying NP thyroid and that stuff foulded me up big time. Not sure if that t3 was too strong for me during this time or I was just allergic to it for
Some reason.

I took labs again to see if there was an improvement from last month. My TSH. 3 weeks ago was 5.6 t4 was 1.1 & t3 was a little higher at 3.5. I have terrible
dry brittle hair, hair fall, low mood & no interest in experiecing life and being more aggressive if that makes sense. & im a very active construction worker that loves all the action. This is not like me to be so down all the time. I feel so blah.

My question is.. do i wait this out or can i just take a t4 medication? I have no signs of hashis or hyperthyroid. Ultrasound shows a very healthy thyroid. I hate feeling like this it can take months to improve this naturally i feel like. (If it even does!!) my hair, mind, & body is suffering big time. & my relationships.

I’m building my house in the spring & i need full mind & body present during those times! i dont think i can ride this feeling out. I dont know. Ugh

Attachments

• 060B84EE-1C0D-404C-B38F-018B45CB90AF.jpeg
    060B84EE-1C0D-404C-B38F-018B45CB90AF.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

exile

If you always felt great on the t4/t3 why not go back to that?

OP
M

mgrabs

I want to. I think my adrenals are burnt out all of the sudden. Will thyroid help the adrenals? Or do you hVe to heal the adrenals first to handle the t4-t3

xeliex

Forum Supporter
mgrabs, this is a good question from exile.

If I was you, I wouldn't overthink things like you are. Get back to taking what had worked for you and support yourself nutritionally as you do. If that means taking thyroid forever, I wouldn't care. Prio feeling good and getting and staying out of learned helplessness.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I want to. I think my adrenals are burnt out all of the sudden. Will thyroid help the adrenals? Or do you hVe to heal the adrenals first to handle the t4-t3
This really depends on whom you ask, but regardless, with a TSH that high, I'd want to be taking thyroid!

OP
M

mgrabs

mgrabs, this is a good question from exile.

If I was you, I wouldn't overthink things like you are. Get back to taking what had worked for you and support yourself nutritionally as you do. If that means taking thyroid forever, I wouldn't care. Prio feeling good and getting and staying out of learned helplessness.
Doctor is now saying its not a good idea because my cortisol is so high. That i would not be able to tolerate the medication. And that the high TSH is from stress at the moment

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Usually cortisol lowers TSH, suppresses it.
Regardless of what else is going on, if I was you, I am taking thyroid again and titrating it up.

Jessie

Have you had any lab tests on your parathyroid glands. I'd like to know what your PTH, calcium, and vitamin D levels are. But your TSH is definitely elevated, which can be brought on by a thyroid deficiency, or a PTH toxicity. So knowing your PTH labs would give you a much better indicator on how to proceed.

121 reference 74-617
121 is really low for your age. Optimally your levels would be 400 or more. Start taking oral DHEA 50mg, preferably sustained release if you can get it. If not 25mg twice daily.

This will lower cortisol and help the thyroid as well.

OP
M

mgrabs

121 is really low for your age. Optimally your levels would be 400 or more. Start taking oral DHEA 50mg, preferably sustained release if you can get it. If not 25mg twice daily.

This will lower cortisol and help the thyroid as well.
Gotcha. I wasn’t sure what to do cause i thought RP would always say to only do 5mg MAX daily?

Gotcha. I wasn’t sure what to do cause i thought RP would always say to only do 5mg MAX daily?
I’m not sure why he makes this recommendation without any clinical evidence to back it up. This is something I do for my patients and that I deal with all the time in their bloodwork. Most men need at least 25mg daily to see any substantial increase in their bloodwork.

OP
M

mgrabs

I’m not sure why he makes this recommendation without any clinical evidence to back it up. This is something I do for my patients and that I deal with all the time in their bloodwork. Most men need at least 25mg daily to see any substantial increase in their bloodwork.
Me neither because i was always good on 100preg 50dhea daily in the morning alongside my thyroid. What do you think in my case needs to be addressed? Fix thyroid first? Im not sure why im so out of wack & people saying fix adrenals first. Some say attack the thyroid first and everything follows suit..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals