Endo Needed For CFS And T4-intolerance

orewashin

I have Hashimoto's and I'm on 30 mcg of liothyronine daily. However, I'm still crippled by muscle fatigue that's unusually intense and long-lasting following exercise. I can do plenty of exercise, but then for a few weeks, even doing day-to-day tasks is difficult.

When I take levothyroxine, I go into a hypothyroid-like state of brain fog, weakness, and lack of alertness. When I take T3, I'm alert and I stay asleep at night, as opposed to waking up many times. When I was given T3, people said my facial complexion improved.

Endos I've seen were incredibly ignorant. One said T3's half-life is 5 minutes, imagine that. They want to take away T3 and make me take T4, which is a double whammy. I respond badly to T4 even while I'm already taking T3.

There are many people who have impaired thyroid function despite normal blood tests, and I may fall into this category. My blood tests aren't that abnormal, although my problem is severe, especially considering my age (25).

I need an endo who uses a more accurate way of measuring thyroid function or will let me try higher doses of T3 to find my optimal dosage.

I doubt in the theory of a "standalone CFS" and think that a low-T3 syndrome is causing it. If I get diagnosed with CFS and it turns out that extra T3 eliminates the symptoms, it can be medically documented and bring more attention to the link between CFS and T4 intolerance/lack of T3. Of course, that's an optimistic outlook. I've been so sick, and for so long, that gaining a normal level of energy doesn't feel realistic to me, but I'm hoping for the best.

I'll travel anywhere in the US. Insurance compatibility also not necessary as long as I can get this problem handled.

HUF

I know Dr Kevin Lee from Queensland Australia does T3 only and is very open to patient guided treatment. He does video conferencing. @orewashin

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals