Why does my sitting pulse rise from 45 to 85 after playing soccer ?

Kasper

Today, I woke up and felt a bit depressed, my pulse was hovering around 40-50 (sitting), and just didn't felt totally right. Normally my pulse is around 50-60 in the morning. My observation is that if my pulse is low, and I do fitness, my pulse basicly increases for the rest of the day (up to around 65-80), and I feel great.

But I don't really understand this, this is not really in the view of Ray Peat, who tells fitness is stressing etc, and will make sure your metabolism gets slower.

But as fitness is closed at sunday, I called some friend to play a game of soccer. It is beautifull day, and it was a very fun match, I scored a lot, and I felt great afterwards. Now, my resting rate is 80-95 sitting. Two hours after this 30-45 min match of soccer.

I'm wondering, what causes this increase of metabolism ? I guess having fun with friends in itself, may act as some kind of anti depressant, but I'm quite sure there is some magic with exercising as well. My intuition says that it has something to do with serotonin. Maybe exercise makes me feel proud ? Raises dopamine? And therefore lowers serotonin ?

I know buteyko practioner artour thinks that sweating and exercise decreases biofilms in the gut, I think there may be something true from this statement. I feel like after exercise my gut is more peacefull, sometimes I feel just slight irritation all day long in my stomach, if I have exercised, and especially sweaty exercise, I feel like my stomach is more peacefull.

What do you guys think ? Is this healthy ? Is my pulse just increasing because of stress hormones ? Or is it may be because of dopamine/serotonine ?

I have to say, I don't feel stressed now, I feel peacefull. So I doubt it is because of stress hormones, but I have also heard that stress hormones don't neccessarily make you feel stressed.

Suikerbuik

You seem to have quite some variation in your pulse rate. Maybe it has something to do with vagus nerve activity?? Think this could be good though, Kevin Tracey did some work on the interplay between the nervous system (brain) and inflammatory reponse and found that nervus vagus activity (stimulation) resulted in blunted TNF-a release in the spleen.

There's some info about vagus nerve activity and (lower) heart rate. And no doubt that after exercise the sympathic nervous will be activated. Whether or not to call this stress is up to you, I don't think so.. and sometimes mild stress is good to strengthen your system. Maybe the sustained pule rate is because of the different states a cell can be in?

Also want to say that, from statistical perspective seen a low heart rate is suggestive for low thyroid function, I don't think that's the case in everyone and some people just have a lower heart reate with temps that are fine! Is it something familial?

Otherwise have a look at this study that I saw coming by recently :D. You as a mathematician should be able to find out how they get to these results ;)
http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/conte...ract?sid=2dba0f18-d480-4352-8aca-9e702ab62901

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals