RP Email Advice Comment: Safety Of Antiserotonin Drugs

Lucy said:
This is my correspondence with Peat over the years... my comments are in <>.

<on severe headaches/migraines caused by supplements> Have you tried a large oral dose of progesterone? A very large amount of sugar will usually relieve a migraine; ice cream (about a quart) or milk shakes with some fat and protein make it easier to assimilate the sugar without stomach upset. Caffeine sometimes makes the aspirin and sugar more effective. Did any of the magnesium chloride get on your lips? In my own migraine experience, I found that a very small amount of either vitamin A or magnesium chloride could cause big headaches for two or three days. If I had put vitamin A anywhere on my face or arms, enough would touch my lips to cause the headache. It wasn't the vitamin A or magnesium itself that did it, but some very powerful allergen in the chemically manufactured products. It's possible that some such substance has entered the T3 during its manufacture, so using a different brand might avoid the effect. What brands of T3 and desiccated have you used? Is cyproheptadine available where you are? It's probably the safest of the antiserotonin drugs; here are some articles about it.

Cyproheptadine might be helpful for reducing sensitivity to intestinal irritants.

<on anti-serotonin drugs> I have known a few people who had very good results with tianeptine, and a couple who got side effects from it. I think any of the antiserotonin drugs will eventually cause side effects, and should only be used until a problem is corrected, for example when an enlarged pituitary is normalized. I think the same effects can be produced with nutrition and hormones, without the possible problems.

<can anti-serotonin drugs permanently fix a problem, even if taken only for a short while?> Yes, but it's important to keep adjusting thyroid and progesterone according to temperature, pulse, etc.

what would make an anti-serotonin drug unsafe? if it is taken for purposes of anxiety or depression, should something else be considered because i am getting the gist that these should be used for only short term use? or am i wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucy

Like Peat said, you should try to adjust food/hormones to solve issues, while you can also use antiserotonin drugs like a crutch to help you in the mean time. Some of these drugs can have side effects like lung fibrosis, that's why it's not good to take them for a long time. Cyproheptadine is one of the safer ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals