Aspirin Powder And Severe Stomach Aches

DaveFoster

I did use baking soda when I added aspirin to the orange juice and made it a little alkaline even, but still my stomach hurt a lot and wasn't adapting over several weeks. It sounds viable that it may have damaged my stomach mucosa and that explains the delay in pain coming and going away. So are aspirin crystals floating around in the solution something everyone has dealt with without stomach issues? If the inside of the crystals that aren't dissolved are still acidic, then they may still sit there and cause irritation. For orange juice I added maybe 1/2 tsp of aspirin per 2 quarts carton, but I drank a portion of the crystals on the first sip because they weren't dissolved. Is this basically the issue, drinking them like this in one sip? I also don't know how many grams are in a tsp, or what speed it's safe to increase the dosage.
You probably didn't suffer pain from the aspirin contacting the mucosa; it was more likely because of the COX-1 inhibition and reduced mucosal cell turnover. In other words, your gut needed the COX-1 to protect itself, and aspirin inhibited that. K2 deficiency could have played into that as well.

sladerunner69

You probably didn't suffer pain from the aspirin contacting the mucosa; it was more likely because of the COX-1 inhibition and reduced mucosal cell turnover. In other words, your gut needed the COX-1 to protect itself, and aspirin inhibited that. K2 deficiency could have played into that as well.

What co2 breather did you say you used, dave?

DaveFoster

What co2 breather did you say you used, dave?
I used the BreathSlim device, which is modeled after the Frolov device. They're the same thing.

torontomike

In my case, high dose aspirin caused an inordinate increase in my T and SHBG levels (as measured by bloodwork) and I could observe water retention in all the usual places. (I don't usually measure E2 levels as they don't measure the tissue concentration of estrogen, which is what really counts.) Things reverted to normal once I got off the aspirin. The studies about aspirin and estrogen have thus far focused on aspirin ability to lower the activity of aromatase. It appears that the attenuation provided is not a scratch on the flood of testosterone that is liable to aromatise. From experience I fear that it doesn't take much thyroid, nor aspirin for that matter, to adversely affect estrogen and so one should heed Raymond's advice to start with very, very minuscule doses. I find that I need to accord the same degree of trepidation to coffee as well for similar reasons.

The men that benefit from thyroid supplementation with regards to lowering estrogen are those that have frank, open-and-shut hypothyroidism, not the kind of borderline or subclinical thyroid dysfunction that plagues the majority of the gentlemen frequenting this forum. There is a good deal of literature on thyrotoxicosis and induced hyperthyroidism that consistently shows the increase in muscle catabolism, elevated estrogen and SHBG, gynecomastia and lower free-T levels. Indeed there are more straightforward ways of improving things of improving your thyroid and T/E ratio such as zinc and DHT, the latter being known to lower thyroid binding globulin as well. I think in this community we tend to obsess about thyroid metabolism to the detriment of the other endocrinal axes.

Giving blood is probably something the being senses as impending stress and raises its stress hormones accordingly.
Very interesting to read about your experience. I just got recent blood work done as well. I had a very high E2 issue and low T. I was searching the forums when I came across your post. The exact same thing happened to me, I was desperate for a more natural aromatase inhibitor and I tried and worked my way up to high dose aspirin, with the exact same effect! However, it did drop my Estradiol way down to a very healthy level, but now I have high T and SHBG. I was taking about 3000 mg of ASA a day in divided doses. How much do you think would be a healthy does to help balance things? How much were you taking and how much ASA are you taking now? @haidut what are your thoughts on this? Obviously I will immediately drop my dose but I am afraid of dropping it too low since it did correct my high E2 levels. Thanks for your input guys!

Last edited:
Very interesting to read about your experience. I just got recent blood work done as well. I had a very high E2 issue and low T. I was searching the forums when I came across your post. The exact same thing happened to me, I was desperate for a more natural aromatase inhibitor and I tried and worked my way up to high dose aspirin, with the exact same effect! However, it did drop my Estradiol way down to a very healthy level, but now I have high T and SHBG. I was taking about 3000 mg of ASA a day in divided doses. How much do you think would be a healthy does to help balance things? How much were you taking and how much ASA are you taking now? @haidut what are your thoughts on this? Obviously I will immediately drop my dose but I am afraid of dropping it too low since it did correct my high E2 levels. Thanks for your input guys!

I think the best idea is to take the minimum dose that works for you. It might be as low as 100mg, or even zero. I had also ramped up to taking nearly 3gm of aspirin a day, which gave me extreme symptoms of high estrogen. Please ensure that the decrease in estradiol isn't accompanied with an increase in estrone, another estrogen metabolite. Pro-metabolic substances like thyroid are well-known to increase estrogen levels when taken in excess. Aspirin being very pro-thyroid might be doing something similar. It's better to go by symptoms of high estrogen than looking at lab numbers that might give an incomplete or misleading picture of your situation.

torontomike

I think the best idea is to take the minimum dose that works for you. It might be as low as 100mg, or even zero. I had also ramped up to taking nearly 3gm of aspirin a day, which gave me extreme symptoms of high estrogen. Please ensure that the decrease in estradiol isn't accompanied with an increase in estrone, another estrogen metabolite. Pro-metabolic substances like thyroid are well-known to increase estrogen levels when taken in excess. Aspirin being very pro-thyroid might be doing something similar. It's better to go by symptoms of high estrogen than looking at lab numbers that might give an incomplete or misleading picture of your situation.
Thank you for your informed input. Yes of course that makes sense! Start off low and keep increasing until you discover what level of ASA is effective and beyond which is unnecessary. Funny you should mention Estrone, that result is still pending. All my other hormones, TSH, FSH, T4, T3 are all in the middle and my prolactin is low. My DHEA was a bit high and I was supplementing so I stopped that. I used ASA and nettle root as aromatase inhibitors, just those 2 seemed to be enough to lower it, I don't like using pharmaceuticals if I can avoid it.

torontomike

Just curious what your estrone levels were when you were on high dose ASA and what they are now, and/or if you happen to know what the max and minimum range is for men?

Just curious what your estrone levels were when you were on high dose ASA and what they are now, and/or if you happen to know what the max and minimum range is for men?
Unfortunately, testing for estrone wasn't available to me at the time. A well-known endocrinologist Thierry Hertoghe believes it should be 10 - 60 pg/ml for males, with 35 pg/mL as optimal.

torontomike

Unfortunately, testing for estrone wasn't available to me at the time. A well-known endocrinologist Thierry Hertoghe believes it should be 10 - 60 pg/ml for males, with 35 pg/mL as optimal.
Thanks for getting back. Wow, well mine is right at the top end, 61....do you think it is for the same reason both yours and my T and SHBG is high, that is, due to high dose aspirin therapy? Oddly my estradiol is low.

torontomike

Thanks for getting back. Wow, well mine is right at the top end, 61....do you think it is for the same reason both yours and my T and SHBG is high, that is, due to high dose aspirin therapy? Oddly my estradiol is low.
Forgot to include my Estradiol lab, it is 15 pg/ml which is at the low end as far as I know.

I'm nearly certain for I had all the classic symptoms of high oestrogen. My own experience suggests that any pro-metabolic substance when overdosed, although perhaps everyone's threshold is different, are liable to increase estrogen. The association of hyperthyroidism and gynecomastia is very strong, even Hans Selye had remarked about it. Aspirin, in turn, has been associated with thyrotoxicosis. Oestradiol, is only one metabolite of estrogen, and most studies neglect estrone since it's allegedly a 'weak' estrogen. Then there's the issue that hormones in the serum may be inversely correlated with those in the tissue. Overall, it's best to go by symptoms.

torontomike

I'm nearly certain for I had all the classic symptoms of high oestrogen. My own experience suggests that any pro-metabolic substance when overdosed, although perhaps everyone's threshold is different, are liable to increase estrogen. The association of hyperthyroidism and gynecomastia is very strong, even Hans Selye had remarked about it. Aspirin, in turn, has been associated with thyrotoxicosis. Oestradiol, is only one metabolite of estrogen, and most studies neglect estrone since it's allegedly a 'weak' estrogen. Then there's the issue that hormones in the serum may be inversely correlated with those in the tissue. Overall, it's best to go by symptoms.
Thanks for getting back again. I don't have gynecomastia at all, in fact, it is the reverse for me, I'm leaner than ever and all my other hormones, TSH, T4 and T3 are all in the middle range. Prolactin is low, progesterone at a healthy level. Maybe I'm just an anomaly lol I have now cut down my ASA significantly thanks to you and this forum, just to see what happens. I'll be seeing my endocrinologist next month, should be interesting to hear what he has to say. Previously, my estradiol was double the high end, and my T was below the low end, terrible situation. Back then I had a lot of edema, symptomatic of high Estrogen/E2 and a lot of visceral fat around my mid section and my chest/pecs were very soft and losing their shape, even as I was working out. Now after less than a year on ASA and nettle root, that situation has been reversed. My current hormone profile is definitely much better and preferable over the very high E and low T. Now if I can lower the SHBG and T a little bit, then I'll be more at ease.

Thanks for getting back again. I don't have gynecomastia at all, in fact, it is the reverse for me, I'm leaner than ever and all my other hormones, TSH, T4 and T3 are all in the middle range. Prolactin is low, progesterone at a healthy level. Maybe I'm just an anomaly lol I have now cut down my ASA significantly thanks to you and this forum, just to see what happens. I'll be seeing my endocrinologist next month, should be interesting to hear what he has to say. Previously, my estradiol was double the high end, and my T was below the low end, terrible situation. Back then I had a lot of edema, symptomatic of high Estrogen/E2 and a lot of visceral fat around my mid section and my chest/pecs were very soft and losing their shape, even as I was working out. Now after less than a year on ASA and nettle root, that situation has been reversed. My current hormone profile is definitely much better and preferable over the very high E and low T. Now if I can lower the SHBG and T a little bit, then I'll be more at ease.

Given that you look and feel good, my instinct would be to simply disregard blood tests, for things like aspirin are known to distort quite a few blood tests anyway.

Since you're so much leaner, and suffer no apparent ill-symptoms (please correct me if I'm wrong), what is your supplement and diet regimen like?

Last edited:

torontomike

Given that you look and feel good, my instinct would be to simply disregard blood tests, for things like aspirin are known to distort quite a few blood tests anyway.

@unexamined_whimsy Since you're so much leaner, and suffer no apparent ill-symptoms (please correct me if I'm wrong), what is your supplement and diet regimen like?
@unexamined_whimsy For me, it would appear the E2 was the culprit, not the estrone and that was what my endocrinologist was most concerned about, he put me on Arimidex which the side effects were awful. I didn't stay on it for long and researched natural solutions, like nettle root and hence why I'm here, ASA as well, together they worked very well. Anyway, I was taking the Arimidex back when my E2 was twice the high end and T below the low end, and the Arimidex did nothing, and that's when I felt and looked at my worst. Especially frustrating and worrisome for someone who has worked out all his life, indeed even certified as a personal trainer. I do feel like I am at my best again, though I noticed some issues with getting aggravated/annoyed easily, due to the high T and SHBG situation I am in now, which I'm sure should correct itself now that I've reduced the ASA. And yes diet is a part of it, as are other supplements. I will get back to you with my supplement regimen next!

Last edited:

TylerDurden

I could be wrong but would drinking carbonated water or just carbonated drinks in general raise CO2 levels in the body, seeing as how carbonated drinks contain CO2?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals