Anybody here really cured histamine intolerance?

Vajra

when someone has these symptoms, what category do this person fall into?

- Always cold, can easily wear a thick wool sweater on a summer's
- fatigue after eating/drinking anything, that makes social anxiety & depression worse.
- feel sometimes bloodsugar crash symptoms like suddenly extreme tired and shaky, but bloodsugar is stable.
-only white sugar gives direct energy and good mood. (because its acting as a anti-histamine i guess)
- slow digestion / always constipated (only magnesium oxide helps because is works like a laxative)
- getting itchy everywhere when taking clothes off.
- brain fog, poor memory
- white tongue

eating a high zinc 30+ mg and high histidine (300 gr beef, 3 liters milk, 4 yolks a day) does not work.
But they are all high histamine foods.
You just described me completely, but I have a little less zinc.
At the moment I'm thinking it's either histamine intolerance, SIBO, or candida. Pretty confident that my symptoms will get much better if I cut the dairy/eggs, but I've been eating them every day for over a year and only recently started getting more serious problems like insomnia.
White tongue would imply candida, which is obviously real fun to get rid of. For now, I'm currently increasing magnesium, copper, betaine HCL, and having a daily carrot salad with a lot of coconut oil to see if anything changes, but I'm adding more stuff to the regimen.
I did several courses of different antimicrobials - oil of oregano, berberine, allicin, peppermint oil and neem.
I always took 2-3 of those for 2-3 weeks and then switched things up. I took them 3 times a day.
I will probably try some of these.

Vajra

Mainly by taking a copper gluconate supplement at the moment. Gonna take a HTMA since it's always sketch taking minerals without sure signs of deficiency.

OP
M

Motif

Mainly by taking a copper gluconate supplement at the moment. Gonna take a HTMA since it's always sketch taking minerals without sure signs of deficiency.
Any improvement meanwhile ?

Vajra

The white tongue still mystifies me. I tried oregano oil, berberine, flowers of sulfur, black cumin seed oil extract, camphosal, carrots - nothing.
But as for the histamine intolerance-like symptoms like swings in alertness/sleepiness, I fixed most of that mainly just by just eating a lot of sugar throughout the day and pushing my metabolism to the limit, so to say. Then I went from not thinking too much about micros to optimizing them in-depth. Over the months I'm sure that helped too. But the HTMA just had slightly low copper, calcium, and selenium.
Recently started drinking cofee which really brought the energy to a next level and made being regular far from an issue.
Insomnia was utterly removed from the equation after I started taking NDT. If I take GABA agonists like glycine, taurine, progesterone, or androsterone, then geting and staying asleep is no problem. Also, there's nothing wrong with being sleepy and taking an afternoon nap since humans are naturally biphasic - which could be the 'blood sugar crash symptoms' if it's around lunch time.

IVILA

The white tongue still mystifies me. I tried oregano oil, berberine, flowers of sulfur, black cumin seed oil extract, camphosal, carrots - nothing.
But as for the histamine intolerance-like symptoms like swings in alertness/sleepiness, I fixed most of that mainly just by just eating a lot of sugar throughout the day and pushing my metabolism to the limit, so to say. Then I went from not thinking too much about micros to optimizing them in-depth. Over the months I'm sure that helped too. But the HTMA just had slightly low copper, calcium, and selenium.
Recently started drinking cofee which really brought the energy to a next level and made being regular far from an issue.
Insomnia was utterly removed from the equation after I started taking NDT. If I take GABA agonists like glycine, taurine, progesterone, or androsterone, then geting and staying asleep is no problem. Also, there's nothing wrong with being sleepy and taking an afternoon nap since humans are naturally biphasic - which could be the 'blood sugar crash symptoms' if it's around lunch time.
The copper supplement isn't going to help with your issues. It's not bioavailable so it won't be used to make ceruloplasmin. Not sure what you're thinking of.

Kray

If you digest food really well and fast but have many allergic reactions and high inflammation and also get histamine reactions from food high in histamine (steak causes me to sneeze) like aged food, or histamine releasers like orange juice and some other fruits or anything that contains a high amount of histamine.. then that is high histamine.

If you have many digestive problems like indigestion, food intolerances, inflammation related bowel problems, that is low histamine. But you can get apparent histamine reactions that give the impression of too much histamine when in fact it is the opposite. These people with time find themselves with less and less food options as they have to keep removing because they can't stand most foods.

Reason I am distinguishing the two is because the way you fix both is very different and people can think they are the same thing, where histamine is the culprit in both situations, when it only is in one.

If you are the former, you need methionine/SAM-e and calcium to reduce histamine stores and avoid folate fortified foods. This takes awhile depending on how bad you have it.

If you are the latter you need to increase histamine and acid secretions via histidine and zinc so you don't get digestive problems from eating food. With time you will be able to digest foods better and be able to have a more varied diet.
@redsun-
I have read this thread a couple of times and am still not sure what to make of my situation- high or low histamine.

I have itchy skin rashes on neck, chest, face, arms, comes and goes over the past 6 months. Had this another time several years ago and it cleared up with Chinese liver/kidney detox, herbal antihistamines, and topical herbal eczema cream. This time around that routine didn't seem to do much, and I'm not sure why. I am getting by with topicals and occasional anti-histamine to help with sleep. Itching worse in bed at night, other times randomly throughout the day.

I would really appreciate your take on my situation, hi or low histamine, and what you would recommend? If I need more zinc, I have Thorne Zinc Picolinate 15mg. Don't know if it matters that it isn't one of the other forms mentioned on this thread. Thank you in advance-

redsun

@redsun-
I have read this thread a couple of times and am still not sure what to make of my situation- high or low histamine.

I have itchy skin rashes on neck, chest, face, arms, comes and goes over the past 6 months. Had this another time several years ago and it cleared up with Chinese liver/kidney detox, herbal antihistamines, and topical herbal eczema cream. This time around that routine didn't seem to do much, and I'm not sure why. I am getting by with topicals and occasional anti-histamine to help with sleep. Itching worse in bed at night, other times randomly throughout the day.

I would really appreciate your take on my situation, hi or low histamine, and what you would recommend? If I need more zinc, I have Thorne Zinc Picolinate 15mg. Don't know if it matters that it isn't one of the other forms mentioned on this thread. Thank you in advance-
This is typical high histamine issues. I just posted recently effective ways to reduce histamine:

Post in thread 'Respiratory Allergy for as long as I can remember. How to solve?' Respiratory Allergy for as long as I can remember. How to solve?

In short, need more choline, TMG, higher protein diet (also red meat for zinc), creatine (meat and/or supplementation), and supplement 1-2g of TMG.

Kray

This is typical high histamine issues. I just posted recently effective ways to reduce histamine:

Post in thread 'Respiratory Allergy for as long as I can remember. How to solve?' Respiratory Allergy for as long as I can remember. How to solve?

In short, need more choline, TMG, higher protein diet (also red meat for zinc), creatine (meat and/or supplementation), and supplement 1-2g of TMG.
Thank you so much! I did happen across the thread you linked, just before I read your response to me.

Do you recommend choline as supplement, or just TMG? I eat eggs regularly, but not the whites- usually soft-boiled yolks with butter.

Is there a TMG brand to recommend, and how best to take, and for how long?

For those with high-histamine (assuming myself), you mentioned SAMe- would you suggest that as well, or will the TMG cover the bases?

Edit: I see TMG facilitates production of SAMe! Wonderful.

redsun

Thank you so much! I did happen across the thread you linked, just before I read your response to me.

Do you recommend choline as supplement, or just TMG? I eat eggs regularly, but not the whites- usually soft-boiled yolks with butter.

Is there a TMG brand to recommend, and how best to take, and for how long?

For those with high-histamine (assuming myself), you mentioned SAMe- would you suggest that as well, or will the TMG cover the bases?

Edit: I see TMG facilitates production of SAMe! Wonderful.
No just eat a few eggs yolks daily and try to eat a decent amount of meat daily as it rich in methionine and creatine and a decent source of choline. You want to make your own SAM, not supplement it directly. This is ideal. Life extension has a good TMG supplement. I would take 1-2g daily in the morning for a few weeks and see if you improve. Its important that you also have folate sources in the diet as well. All these things need to be present for best results.

Kray

No just eat a few eggs yolks daily and try to eat a decent amount of meat daily as it rich in methionine and creatine and a decent source of choline. You want to make your own SAM, not supplement it directly. This is ideal. Life extension has a good TMG supplement. I would take 1-2g daily in the morning for a few weeks and see if you improve. Its important that you also have folate sources in the diet as well. All these things need to be present for best results.
Thank you!

Is taking it in powder form ok? That is the only form I can get readily, although I see they do make a capsule form. And should it be taken with food/breakfast?

redsun

Thank you!

Is taking it in powder form ok? That is the only form I can get readily, although I see they do make a capsule form. And should it be taken with food/breakfast?
Capsule is simpler but powdered works as well. You should take it with food yes, breakfast for example.

Kray

Capsule is simpler but powdered works as well. You should take it with food yes, breakfast for example.
Is it best to take all of it at once, or spread over the day, say 1/2 at breakfast, 1/2 at dinner?

What exactly does TMG do? I am aware of it but have never taken it. Is it a fast-acting supplement that I should see results soon after starting, such as reduction of itch and rash?

redsun

Is it best to take all of it at once, or spread over the day, say 1/2 at breakfast, 1/2 at dinner?

What exactly does TMG do? I am aware of it but have never taken it. Is it a fast-acting supplement that I should see results soon after starting, such as reduction of itch and rash?
How fast you notice improvement is different for everyone. It should be noticeable within a few days or sooner. TMG donates methyl groups through the BHMT cycle to remethylate homocysteine to make methionine. Which can then become SAM.

Kray

How fast you notice improvement is different for everyone. It should be noticeable within a few days or sooner. TMG donates methyl groups through the BHMT cycle to remethylate homocysteine to make methionine. Which can then become SAM
Thank you. I will be reading up!

You mentioned B vitamin complex caution. Would you suggest I try to get my Bs from foods, per your comments above, and lay off any Complex during this time, while supplementing TMG?

redsun

Thank you. I will be reading up!

You mentioned B vitamin complex caution. Would you suggest I try to get my Bs from foods, per your comments above, and lay off any Complex during this time, while supplementing TMG?
Yes avoid supplement Bs they tend to make high histamine types worse.

Kray

Yes avoid supplement Bs they tend to make high histamine types worse.
Do you have links that you can share so I can become more educated about this? I find it very interesting about the B vitamins. They have been a staple supplement for so long. I know there is caution about singling them out vs. taking them as a complex (I mix it up and use complex and single Bs at other times.) But I have had a sneaking suspicion they could be at least aggravating my eczema flareups when I take more than less. I really need to understand this better going forward.

Would you guess there will come a point, that if the TMG helps, I may not need to continue taking? At some point, is it best to take B supplement again, or try to get my Bs from foods? (I rarely eat grains, except for GF crackers to use as vehicle for pate, spreads, or corn, or rice- but not wheat).

Any negative/down side to taking TMG long-term? Do you think I will need to take it long-term?

I am so thankful for your help!

P.S. Is Betaine Anhydrous the same as TMG, if I can find the BA easier today, than having to order TMG online?

Last edited:

redsun

Do you have links that you can share so I can become more educated about this? I find it very interesting about the B vitamins. They have been a staple supplement for so long. I know there is caution about singling them out vs. taking them as a complex (I mix it up and use complex and single Bs at other times.) But I have had a sneaking suspicion they could be at least aggravating my eczema flareups when I take more than less. I really need to understand this better going forward.

Would you guess there will come a point, that if the TMG helps, I may not need to continue taking? At some point, is it best to take B supplement again, or try to get my Bs from foods? (I rarely eat grains, except for GF crackers to use as vehicle for pate, spreads, or corn, or rice- but not wheat).

Any negative/down side to taking TMG long-term? Do you think I will need to take it long-term?

I am so thankful for your help!
If you have been taking B-vitamins for awhile then this alone could be behind all your issues. The mechanisms on how B-vitamins can worsen symptoms in those with high histamine are complicated. To put it simply, they either tend to increase histamine directly or enhance glutamate and acetylcholine activity.

Glutamate directly increases histamine release. Acetylcholine, by generally increasing glutamate activity, then increases histamine release. The problem of course is because histamine is just too high, so anything that elevates it slightly, directly or indirectly, causes problems. The more histamine you have the more intolerant you tend to be.

You generally won't always have to take it, but lets be patient and not put the cart before the horse. You should work on getting B-vitamins from food. If you don't get much from food then you need to work on that. Meat, eggs, starches, some vegetables and fruits should provide them in adequate quantities.

Kray

If you have been taking B-vitamins for awhile then this alone could be behind all your issues. The mechanisms on how B-vitamins can worsen symptoms in those with high histamine are complicated. To put it simply, they either tend to increase histamine directly or enhance glutamate and acetylcholine activity.

Glutamate directly increases histamine release. Acetylcholine, by generally increasing glutamate activity, then increases histamine release. The problem of course is because histamine is just too high, so anything that elevates it slightly, directly or indirectly, causes problems. The more histamine you have the more intolerant you tend to be.

You generally won't always have to take it, but lets be patient and not put the cart before the horse. You should work on getting B-vitamins from food. If you don't get much from food then you need to work on that. Meat, eggs, starches, some vegetables and fruits should provide them in adequate quantities.
I have found BETAINE ANHYDROUS and can get it today- is that one in the same as TMG?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals