Getting Over Some Initial Hurdles Of Petean Eating

Con

Hi all, I’m new to this community but I’ve been experimenting with my diet for about 2 years. Like many of you I’m sure, the reason I got into this was for my hair loss. I started with rob’s protocol and after about a year of implementing his suggestions I found the my hair loss stopped, but I was yet to see any signs of regrowth.

At that point I decided to keep experimenting and researching and that’s when I stumbled upon Danny Roddy and Ray’s work. I was super intrigued by their suggestions and decided to totally embrace what they had to say.

I gave it about three weeks of eating to their recommendations and I had some positive signs. 1) my body odor was better than it had ever been and 2) I had moments of intense heat generation.

however, there were some drawbacks as well. I was having pretty harsh Ibs symptoms upon waking in the morning—I think from the increased consumption of milk. And also, the area around where my kidney is was having crazy twitching episodes, a little unsettling but I think it was because I was perhaps over reliant on using cane sugar instead of fructose. Lastly my stool was yellow and very fibrous, but it didn’t smell foul or anything like that.

Sorry if this is long winded, but hopefully I can get some clarity here as I really want this diet to work for me. Have any of you experienced similar setbacks? And if so how did you overcome them?

With regards to dairy, should I consider raw milk? Goats milk? How did you adjust to the increased consumption of milk?

and lastly with regards to the aspect of aspirin, I’ve been hesitant to use aspirin on a daily basis, but maybe it’s an aspect that I’m missing out on. For those of you who use it often, do you notice positive results? Negative ones?

Once again I know that this was a lot, but I’d like to thank you for reading through this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I’d just like to wish everyone all the best in their health journey’s!

-Con

Gone Peating

You don’t have to go overboard with the milk and oj. All the liquid can mess you up.

I don’t like to drink more than 12 oz of milk in one sitting.

I also eat whole fruit instead of fruit juice to limit liquid intake

Did you go no starch? I don’t feel right if I don’t have starch at lunch and dinner. Don’t go overboard with making sure you have 4 oz liver this day, this many oysters that day, this much oj, that much calcium, etc.

Eat the foods you want to eat (except veggie oils and iron fortified starch and too much fibrous veggies) and plug what you eat into cronometer. Learn whatever vitamins/minerals you’re lacking from your base diet and make adjustments accordingly

victormgc

Interesting, I felt the exact same things the last couple days: twitching in the kidney area, yellow stool (and a lot of it, but no bad smell, quite the opposite actually). The only thing I've changed in my diet is that I started drinking coffee with milk in the breakfast. I think my intestines or something are very sensitive in the morning, and the milk or the coffee might be irritating it a bit. But I think I'll get used to it in a couple days. Are you drinking milk in the morning?

OP
C

Con

You don’t have to go overboard with the milk and oj. All the liquid can mess you up.

I don’t like to drink more than 12 oz of milk in one sitting.

I also eat whole fruit instead of fruit juice to limit liquid intake

Did you go no starch? I don’t feel right if I don’t have starch at lunch and dinner. Don’t go overboard with making sure you have 4 oz liver this day, this many oysters that day, this much oj, that much calcium, etc.

Eat the foods you want to eat (except veggie oils and iron fortified starch and too much fibrous veggies) and plug what you eat into cronometer. Learn whatever vitamins/minerals you’re lacking from your base diet and make adjustments accordingly

yea thanks for this. What you’ve suggested is kind of what I’ve shifted to over the last couple of days. I definitely agree having more fruit seems to do the trick for me rather than relying on table sugar. I’ve noticed that starch is great as long as I spread it out a little bit and switch up the source. Surprisingly, I do better with white potatoes than with yams/sweet potatoes.

I’ll give your suggestions with milk a go, the reason I want to incorporate it is because without it I get basically no calcium, and cheese is just a no go for me unfortunately.

thanks for your reply mate, I mad appreciate it!

OP
C

Con

Interesting, I felt the exact same things the last couple days: twitching in the kidney area, yellow stool (and a lot of it, but no bad smell, quite the opposite actually). The only thing I've changed in my diet is that I started drinking coffee with milk in the breakfast. I think my intestines or something are very sensitive in the morning, and the milk or the coffee might be irritating it a bit. But I think I'll get used to it in a couple days. Are you drinking milk in the morning?

I was while I was going full Danny roddy, but since then I’ve laid off the milk just to see how my body responds. I think my negative response comes from cheese rather than milk though, so tomorrow I’m going to give goats milk in the morning a go.

one thing I’ve noticed about myself through this whole thing is that I handle liquids a lot better when I have the separate from my meals, including water. Also, if coffee is the first thing I’m having in the morning than game over. But if I have breakfast, and then make coffee 30 minutes after I feel much better.

appreciate the reply mate!

Sofia

I couldn't tolerate milk for 2 years, now I can add it to my coffee. It is improving very slowly.

Gone Peating

yea thanks for this. What you’ve suggested is kind of what I’ve shifted to over the last couple of days. I definitely agree having more fruit seems to do the trick for me rather than relying on table sugar. I’ve noticed that starch is great as long as I spread it out a little bit and switch up the source. Surprisingly, I do better with white potatoes than with yams/sweet potatoes.

I’ll give your suggestions with milk a go, the reason I want to incorporate it is because without it I get basically no calcium, and cheese is just a no go for me unfortunately.

thanks for your reply mate, I mad appreciate it!

No prob!

Also I never digest milk and potatoes well together

Hi all, I’m new to this community but I’ve been experimenting with my diet for about 2 years. Like many of you I’m sure, the reason I got into this was for my hair loss. I started with rob’s protocol and after about a year of implementing his suggestions I found the my hair loss stopped, but I was yet to see any signs of regrowth.

At that point I decided to keep experimenting and researching and that’s when I stumbled upon Danny Roddy and Ray’s work. I was super intrigued by their suggestions and decided to totally embrace what they had to say.

I gave it about three weeks of eating to their recommendations and I had some positive signs. 1) my body odor was better than it had ever been and 2) I had moments of intense heat generation.

however, there were some drawbacks as well. I was having pretty harsh Ibs symptoms upon waking in the morning—I think from the increased consumption of milk. And also, the area around where my kidney is was having crazy twitching episodes, a little unsettling but I think it was because I was perhaps over reliant on using cane sugar instead of fructose. Lastly my stool was yellow and very fibrous, but it didn’t smell foul or anything like that.

Sorry if this is long winded, but hopefully I can get some clarity here as I really want this diet to work for me. Have any of you experienced similar setbacks? And if so how did you overcome them?

With regards to dairy, should I consider raw milk? Goats milk? How did you adjust to the increased consumption of milk?

and lastly with regards to the aspect of aspirin, I’ve been hesitant to use aspirin on a daily basis, but maybe it’s an aspect that I’m missing out on. For those of you who use it often, do you notice positive results? Negative ones?

Once again I know that this was a lot, but I’d like to thank you for reading through this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I’d just like to wish everyone all the best in their health journey’s!

-Con

If it has to be milk at all,maybe look into UHT milk with high shelf-life,it is thoroughly desinfected,and causes things like SIBO or IBS with lesser frequency,but that is just a estimate.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I was having pretty harsh Ibs symptoms upon waking in the morning—I think from the increased consumption of milk.
Milk could digest should for some and this could mess with digestion. I felt this myself where I'm not full but still have milk in my stomach that's not digested yet, so eating or drink more will further mess with digestion. How much milk are you drinking?
And also, the area around where my kidney is was having crazy twitching episodes
I started getting twitches when I upped my magnesium without upping my vitamin D and calcium. Calcium can cause twitches if magnesium is low and magnesium can cause twitches if calcium is low.
I was perhaps over reliant on using cane sugar instead of fructose.
You don't want to consume pure fructose, but rather fructose from natural sources, such as fruits, honey, maple syrup, etc, or cane sugar if you have no other option.
Lastly my stool was yellow and very fibrous, but it didn’t smell foul or anything like that.
Yellow stool is usually bile acid. How much fat are you consuming? Is it full fat or low fat milk?
Very fibrous as in solid? The calcium makes stool very solid.
With regards to dairy, should I consider raw milk? Goats milk?
If you experience negative symptoms from even A2 cows milk, then goats milk would probably work better.
How did you adjust to the increased consumption of milk?
A cup every hour or two. Spaced out throughout the day in small amounts work great, else you can just have 500ml at breakfast, 500ml at lunch and 500ml at dinner, that also works. But if you consume 500ml too regularly, then that can lead to indigestion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals