Anybody here really cured histamine intolerance?

redsun

I eat around 500g of lean red meat a day.
I feel my best when I’m doing so. It‘s rich in zinc, B-vitamins, selenium, potassium.
It‘s quite high in iron, which is my only concern for me. I drink a double espresso after each meat meal and I do donate blood 4 times a year so I can mitigate some of that maybe.

I agree red meat is basically the best staple protein to eat.

All you really need to do is donate blood very rarely (if at all) and consume dairy with the red meat to reduce iron absorption. But absorption is already so low as it is. People with chronic fatigue who do start to consume way more red meat should not donate blood or try to reduce its absorption because often they are lacking iron.

Really its less likely for adult men but for every other age group, iron deficiency without anemia is relatively common given certain risk factors.

is there an absorbtion cap for zinc?i remember chris masterjohn mentionning 7MG every 4 to 5 hours,i eat only 2 meal per day containing zinc rich foods

I dont know anything about an absorption cap. Don't think its true to be honest. Usually most zinc supplements (gluconate, glycinate, sulfate) have an absorption rate of about 50%. Absorption inhibitors should be avoided if taken and protein intake increases zinc absorption. If I take 22mg zinc glycinate as an example I should absorb about 11mg normally.

MidBicep

Yesterday was one of the worst days I've had health wise in a while. Woke up feeling groggy and tired even though I slept 9 hours, so nose was stuffed and I saw some dried blood, the air felt piercingly cold through my jacket at temperatures I usually just have to wear a t shirt outside. My eye has been twitching the past 3 days, google said its from insomnia and it makes sense. So last night I decided to cut back my coke consumption to 0.5L during the morning and drive up the milk and sugar for a total of a pound! of sugar a day. Again, it took me a while to sleep but I went to bed with a full stomach and completely sated. I woke up 6 hours later on my own feeling extremely fresh and energetic. So that's the plan for now.

From what I've heard Danny and haidut say, histamine intolerance is connected with SIBO which has been a big problem for me for a while. They said people who've used antibiotics in the past had felt relieved. I don't want to do so I'm just continuing zero starch for the most time and I'm just giving my body excess nutrients and energy to heal. And I also woke up looking leaner again, funny how that works.

OP
M

Motif

@redsun

how long do you think it would take til my eczema / dermatitis/ hair loss stops after I started upping my zinc and copper rich foods, or Whatelse could be missing if this is not enough.

my skin outbreaks are not that bad anymore, but still some itching on my scalp

youngsinatra

I just tried a histamine tolerance experiment last weekend and I drank a whole bottle of dry red wine, which used to kill me in the past. (even just a glass of it)

I felt completely fine, even quite clear minded after a bottle. Histamine worst side effects was brain fog, heart palpitations and anxiety in the past. None of that kicked in.

ursidae

I think the dietary copper:zinc ratio should be around 1:10.

I get like 5mg of copper from mushrooms, liver and fruits and 40mg of zinc from lean red meat each day.
Are you really digesting the mushrooms. I used to count them towards my copper intake on chronometer until I examined my stool and found that they were intact. To me they’re nothing more than fibre, no b vitamins no minerals in them being accessible to my body

youngsinatra

Are you really digesting the mushrooms. I used to count them towards my copper intake on chronometer until I examined my stool and found that they were intact. To me they’re nothing more than fibre, no b vitamins no minerals in them being accessible to my body

I don't find the mushrooms intact in my stool. I have the best digestion with 2 cups of cooked mushrooms per day. I would personally count them as a source of minerals. I cook them for 90min.

OP
M

Motif

How long did it take for you guys to get rid of histamine intolerance?

i try to eat more copper and zinc for 10 days now. Skin outbreak again from drinking some grape juice I guess.

@redsun

youngsinatra

I think it took around one year. I forgot to mention that I also had severe SIBO, which also worsens histamine intolerance. Clearing SIBO helped a ton in reducing the histamine load, while building up bioavailable copper to degrade any excess of histamines via DAO. (copper dependent protein)

I also had good experience with DAO-supplementation for a while (it's pricey). For a while you have to stick to a low-histamine diet until the situation improves.

Korven

I think it took around one year. I forgot to mention that I also had severe SIBO, which also worsens histamine intolerance. Clearing SIBO helped a ton in reducing the histamine load, while building up bioavailable copper to degrade any excess of histamines via DAO. (copper dependent protein)

I also had good experience with DAO-supplementation for a while (it's pricey). For a while you have to stick to a low-histamine diet until the situation improves.

Curious to hear, how did you go about clearing your SIBO? Antibiotics, specific diet?

I can keep SIBO/histamine intolerance symptoms at bay by eating zero starch and taking thyroid, but I would like to be able to eat more normal foods without issues. Will look into incorporating more foods high in copper, I think I might have gotten zinc overload from eating too much red meat.

youngsinatra

Curious to hear, how did you go about clearing your SIBO? Antibiotics, specific diet?

I can keep SIBO/histamine intolerance symptoms at bay by eating zero starch and taking thyroid, but I would like to be able to eat more normal foods without issues. Will look into incorporating more foods high in copper, I think I might have gotten zinc overload from eating too much red meat.

I did several courses of different antimicrobials - oil of oregano, berberine, allicin, peppermint oil and neem.
I always took 2-3 of those for 2-3 weeks and then switched things up. I took them 3 times a day.

reality

I seemingly started to develop histamine issues after taking higher doses of dhea and pregnenolone, while eating a restrictive diet of mainly meat and rice. I think DHEA was converting to a lot of extra estrogen and since I wasn’t eating much fiber, the estrogen was getting reabsorbed through bile. Estrogen is linked to histamine very strongly

I cut out dhea, adding more insoluble fiber (mushrooms, kale) to help excrete bile and thus estrogen

I also added zinc again back (stopped taking for a while), and was high dosing vitamin c, and now I can tolerate foods that were giving me issues again (yogurt, beef, oranges, bananas...)

Hgreen56

If you digest food really well and fast but have many allergic reactions and high inflammation and also get histamine reactions from food high in histamine (steak causes me to sneeze) like aged food, or histamine releasers like orange juice and some other fruits or anything that contains a high amount of histamine.. then that is high histamine.

If you have many digestive problems like indigestion, food intolerances, inflammation related bowel problems, that is low histamine. But you can get apparent histamine reactions that give the impression of too much histamine when in fact it is the opposite. These people with time find themselves with less and less food options as they have to keep removing because they can't stand most foods.

Reason I am distinguishing the two is because the way you fix both is very different and people can think they are the same thing, where histamine is the culprit in both situations, when it only is in one.

If you are the former, you need methionine/SAM-e and calcium to reduce histamine stores and avoid folate fortified foods. This takes awhile depending on how bad you have it.

If you are the latter you need to increase histamine and acid secretions via histidine and zinc so you don't get digestive problems from eating food. With time you will be able to digest foods better and be able to have a more varied diet.
when someone has these symptoms, what category do this person fall into?

- Always cold, can easily wear a thick wool sweater on a summer's
- fatigue after eating/drinking anything, that makes social anxiety & depression worse.
- feel sometimes bloodsugar crash symptoms like suddenly extreme tired and shaky, but bloodsugar is stable.
-only white sugar gives direct energy and good mood. (because its acting as a anti-histamine i guess)
- slow digestion / always constipated (only magnesium oxide helps because is works like a laxative)
- getting itchy everywhere when taking clothes off.
- brain fog, poor memory
- white tongue

eating a high zinc 30+ mg and high histidine (300 gr beef, 3 liters milk, 4 yolks a day) does not work.
But they are all high histamine foods.

Hgreen56

I just tried a histamine tolerance experiment last weekend and I drank a whole bottle of dry red wine, which used to kill me in the past. (even just a glass of it)

I felt completely fine, even quite clear minded after a bottle. Histamine worst side effects was brain fog, heart palpitations and anxiety in the past. None of that kicked in.
what kind of diet did you follow than and what kind of supps?

edit: never mind, you were on a ketogenic diet ;-)

Daft

I have seen testimonials on colostrum curing histamine intolerance, or at least causing some major symptoms to be permanently abolished, eg fully reversing specific food sensitivities like eggs. I tried for a brief period but eliminated it because it or another supplement might have been causing issues and I haven't retried yet.

It is suspected it has the potential to seal an abnormally permeable g.i. tract.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals